Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Animated Movies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They probably don't want to compete with their own live action show. Plus, their big sellers are Batman, Superman, and the Justice League. Not sure why they haven't added him to their League efforts though. They kept Flash in those. GA did show up in the Brave and Bold Batman show from time to time I think.

Comment

• Yahoo has premiered the first official trailer for Batman: The Killing Joke, the upcoming animated movie from Warner Bros. based on the popular graphic novel. A fan-made trailer went viral on the i…

The official trailer for Killing Joke.

The previous "official" trailer was fanmade.

Edit* JoBlo uploaded it to YouTube.

Last edited by Halberdier17; 04-26-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• I'm excited... Seems some are complaining about the animation

Comment

• Originally posted by Sure-Oz
          I'm excited... Seems some are complaining about the animation
          It took me a while to get it through my head that these aren't exactly big budget treatments. The art and animation are going to be what they are. As long as its a solid adaptation, people will get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
            It took me a while to get it through my head that these aren't exactly big budget treatments. The art and animation are going to be what they are. As long as its a solid adaptation, people will get over it.
            Agreed...I have no problem with the animation. The comic was beautiful visually so maybe they are comparing it

Comment

• DC announced three new animated films for 2017.

Justice League Dark which will include John Constantine and Swamp Thing.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract which will be a follow-up to Justice League vs Teen Titans.

Batman and Harley Quinn which will be an original story written by Bruce Timm.

Comment

• Meh.

No thanks (because it's in their new continuity).

At least it's Bruce Timm.

Comment

• I just seen Batman: The Killing Joke and thought it was mostly underwhelming. It wasn't exactly what I expected from an R-rated animated film. The plot was thin and the ending was just weird...[SPOILER] It just ends with both Batman and Joker laughing. I thought Barbara getting paralyzed and than raped was going to be the basis for the entire film but, they only really skimmed it. I did like the Joker flashback and Barbara becoming Oracle.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Prior to watching it, I read that a lot of people were in an uproar over the treatment of Barbara's character in the film version of The Killing Joke. A lot of the complaints were silly/stupid, with people primarily projecting their own ideas of what the Batgirl character should be onto a different, yet valid, interpretation. For example, one person suggested that her relationship to Batman should be as a daughter's relationship to her father. While that is certainly one way to depict the character, it is not the only way, and it is clearly not the one they chose here.

But some of the complaints are also dead on. Her character is treated rather horribly in the film. It's kind of difficult to get through the first 30 minutes because of how ignorant the material is.

The rest of the film is half Joker's origin and half Joker's manifesto delivered as some kind of existential slam poetry. It's interesting, but not particularly dramatic in context. It doesn't help that Christopher Nolan's Joker in The Dark Knight is also a highly successful loose adaptation of the Joker depicted here.

Comment

• This was the biggest animated DC related thing I have ever looked forward to and it was a let down.

It didn't feel true to the comics and key element's felt like they were rushed over. Overall I'm highly disappointed in this and it's when I'm calling it quits on the DC animated movies, it's been hit and miss with everything they've done the past couple of years but this was that far off what it should have been I'm not going to bother anymore.
                      I also don't see how you could possibly rate this R, the only thing that is along those lines is how it's mentioned Barbara was raped but outside of that there was nothing that was explicit by any means. I was expecting something vastly darker than the portrayal we got, especially given the rating. Outside of the Joker/Barbara bit it didn't come across like it deserved a higher rating then any other of the animated universe.

Comment

• I enjoyed it and felt it was as close to the source material as possible. The first 20 min annoyed me a bit as i thought batgirl could've been represented better overall. The killing joke part I wanted a bit more joker but it was solid. Soft R for sure...

Also wasnt Barbara assaulted not raped?

There is an end credit tidbit...7.5/10 for me

Comment

• My fave recent dc are the dark knight returns and red hood...

Thought Hamill was awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Sure-Oz
                            I enjoyed it and felt it was as close to the source material as possible. The first 20 min annoyed me a bit as i thought batgirl could've been represented better overall. The killing joke part I wanted a bit more joker but it was solid. Soft R for sure...

Also wasnt Barbara assaulted not raped?

There is an end credit tidbit...7.5/10 for me
                            The "Was Barbara assaulted in that way?" Debate for me. I always felt it was left up to the readers to make up their mind. For me, i felt she was. The way she looks in the pics, Jim's reaction, just seemed like Joker did assault her in that way.

One of my friends saw it last night and said it was really good. Hes a MASSIVE Batman fan too and loves that book.

People r having fits over the scene between Batman and Barbara. I guess it made some people shocked. Doesnt really bother me though. The movie is rated R.

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                              People r having fits over the scene between Batman and Barbara. I guess it made some people shocked. Doesnt really bother me though. The movie is rated R.
                              It shouldn't be about that one scene, though. It's the entirety of her story that's so messed up. Every aspect of it is sexual/shippy. She has no other defining characteristic other than that, while all the male characters do. And she makes stupid decisions, becomes almost crippled emotionally, based on the sexual interest of a bad guy in her, and her sexual interest in Batman. She's made to look like a cliche hysterical woman.

It's completely gross. I can't believe anyone involved in the project thought it was okay, especially the voice actor who played her.
                              Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 07-27-2016, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• Agree with this review..

Last edited by Sure-Oz; 07-27-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎