Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville Season 11: "Detective" Digital Week 5 (9/21/12)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banter, plot and references! Loved them all.

Drawing parallels with the shows good continuity is definitely one of the main strengths of the book. Though I don't really like to be reminded of the Blur-era like this.

Superman's interrogation method was a bit extreme (although the jokes made it hilarious). They should have had both Batman and Superman question Chill with Batman doing the rooftop dangling and Supes trying to listen to Chill's heart rate. Add a few of Barbara's lines and you'd pretty much get more of banter gold.
    Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 09-23-2012, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that the messages on Ollie's phone may be from Tess?

Last we saw her she was trying to see if she could will Lex's finger to move while he was asleep. Maybe she's found a way to communicate and let our heroes know she's still around - sort of. At least her consciousness is. It makes sense that she'd contact Oliver first.

Comment

Artwork was great, it was TW and ED all the way for Superman and Lois, and the rest of the issue was also good; hope the great artwork continues!!

Comment

Loved it! Enjoyed all the banter going on. Igle's artwork continues to be amazing...I really can see the actors in his drawings which is very important to me. Another great issue.
          Last edited by Clois/is/hot; 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtgirlTexas
            Am I the only one thinking that the messages on Ollie's phone may be from Tess?

Last we saw her she was trying to see if she could will Lex's finger to move while he was asleep. Maybe she's found a way to communicate and let our heroes know she's still around - sort of. At least her consciousness is. It makes sense that she'd contact Oliver first.
            Oh, I like that idea. Not sure if that's where they'll go, but it'd work.

Comment

How do we get James Igle to become the full time artist??

Comment

Originally posted by merryLexmas
                How do we get James Igle to become the full time artist??
                I agree. He is the best so far.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnR
                  It was also great to see him again learning from his past mistakes(dangling people off rooftops) and still kinda making a joke about it by doing it on Bruno in the sky. lol Another reference to fans who disliked that in the past.
                  Loved that. No, Superman does not dangle people off rooftops any more - now that he can fly he lets them fall and dives to catch them again before hitting the ground. Superman's style of interrogation really impressed even Batman.

Comment

Detective, to put it simply, is a masterpiece. Story, dialogue, character interaction, action sequences, artwork, all excellent! I get the imression that Brian Q Miller has been sitting on this story for a long time. its that thought out, and that much fun. Its worth the entire series just to see Superman convincing Bruno Manheim to talk by dropping him from the upper stratospherre. And kudos to the art team. The Lois and Clark here are very much the Tom and Erica version of Lois and Clark. And this is just halfway through the story.

Comment

Originally posted by jjgravitas
                      Detective, to put it simply, is a masterpiece. Story, dialogue, character interaction, action sequences, artwork, all excellent! I get the imression that Brian Q Miller has been sitting on this story for a long time.
                      I agree. There seem to be no filler scenes at all. Even the fight on the street between Green Arrow and that gang in Guardian turns out to be way more than just some cool GA action scenes. The dialogue between the characters seems to be well thought out, too. I already wonder why Barbara pretended to Otis that she would be okay with switching her loyality and work for Lex. Will we see her becoming some double agent ?

Its worth the entire series just to see Superman convincing Bruno Manheim to talk by dropping him from the upper stratospherre.
                      Yep. I had worried that now that he is Superman Clark only throws with cushions now. I am happy that he is still our SV Clark.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎