• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come Back To Me - PG-13

Title: Come Back To Me
    Author: FWVidChick (Jen)
    Pairings: Clois
    Rating: PG -13
    Theme: Romance, Drama, investigating, hurt.

Summary:
    Lois and Clark have been together nearly ten years. Life is good, Superman is a hero of Hope, Clark Kent and Lois Lane are at the top of their careers. Until an investigation goes south shattering the balance. For one, memories of a life together are lost and the other is forced to take on old secrets. In order to find their way back they'll have to search for answers and face old foes.

Time Frame: Story present takes place in 2018. Is AU from around s7. Lana did die at the end of s6, and Clark became the blur during s7, wore the glasses at the beginning of s8. Any other AU elements will be referenced when needed, otherwise most main events happen even if the details have changed.

Disclaimer:
    I own nothing (obviously) and I just enjoy writing it. Its called fandom.

Special thanks to Kaylee for reading this over and fixing my migraine induced mistakes.

Authors Note: - Please Read.

I am writing this, yes I know I have a ton of stories already, because I unfortunately am in writing funk. This story essentially is a writing
    exercise. I work on it when I am stuck and I am not allowing myself to do the usual fussing and nit picking I do. SO while I will of course try and do my best it may not be my usual quality. So read at your own risk.

I need to do this while I am recovering from being really ill otherwise it will just get that much harder to get out of the funk. I currently sleep a lot and am battling my migraines again but writing regardless helps. All my other stories, clois or not aren't coming out at all or like I want. This is my attempt to not give up all together.

I will be doing short updates. No longer than three to five scenes.

I'm not an expert at certain issues in this story, though I have done a lot of research, so I may not represent them accurately despite my best efforts.

Hope this is enjoyed.

Index:
    Prologue - (next post)
    Chapter 1 - Unreal
    Chapter 2 - Confusion
    Chapter 3 - Lost
    Chapter 4 - Handle
    Chapter 5 - Connections
    *Chapter 6 - Heavy
    *Chapter 7 - Erase
    *Chapter 8 - Veil
    *Chapter 9 - Um..

*titles subject to change upon posting.
    Last edited by FWvidchick; 11-28-2012, 08:12 PM.

Can be read as well on my blog or Fanfiction.net

ღ Prologue

The atmosphere was peaceful, somewhat romantic. While it was obviously meant to be a classy dining experience, if the small plate of food was anything to go by, it failed to deliver the complete romantic quality with its almost aloof lighting. Clark glanced around before he settled his attention once more on what was the most beautiful sight in the room, or rather the world. His companion.

"I feel guilty eating this."

"Why..?" Clark raised a confused brow. Lois had never been one to worry about how many calories a chocolate dessert had. At least if she was, she never stated it out loud. Her body was in great shape and he often wondered how it was with her persistence on an erratic diet and constantly being on the go. One of the many mysteries of Lois Lane.

Lois took another bite of the divine chocolate mousse before pointing her spoon at Clark, with great effort she swallowed the bite she just wanted to soak in her mouth. "Because...this place, it’s all Luthor owned."

Clark paused from taking a bite of his own dessert to tilt his head at her, "I thought you liked using his stuff. Or as you say, against him. This was an all-expenses paid trip, on behalf of the Daily Planet at his request, and we did our snooping. So when did your 'use and investigate' policy change?"

"Smallville, it still doesn't mean I like sitting here eating this chocolate mousse as if the bald headed dictator wanna-be wasn't sitting somewhere out there plotting ways to take over the world and ruin Superman" Lois added emphasis on the last word. From the look of thunder that passed over her beautiful features Clark was certain she was still near nuclear level mad at Lex Luthor's latest stunt a month ago.

Considering how calm she had been since they took this assignment, which wasn't really all that calm by normal standards, he was amazed that so far there hadn't been an assault incident.

Lex was lucky that Lois Lane wasn't being allowed to follow through on her plans to castrate him. Clark was grateful that not only had he stopped every attempt she made to cause Lex bodily harm, but also that she so far hadn't decided to turn that attention on him for his interference. Thank goodness the woman loved him because he was fairly certain if she didn't he'd be in a world of hurt.

Age hadn't mellowed her in the slightest, if anything it had made her worse.

Nodding as if none of that line of thought had passed through his head, Clark gave her one of his melt the heart smiles. "Lois, even if he is it doesn't matter, not with what we found out today. Now lets celebrate our current wrench in his cogs. And the time alone together before we have to head back tomorrow."

Lois sighed before a slow half smile crept onto her face. "You're right. I guess I just got caught up in the day’s events…and," the smile fell, "I.."

"Lois it's okay to miss her... " Clark interrupted

"I know!" She put her head in her hands for a moment before looking up at him with exasperation, "How is it you’re not having separation anxiety? How is that fair?"

Clark put his hands up in defense, " Hey, I do.”

Lois' eyes narrowed at the somewhat guilty look that passed over his face for barely a second. "Oh..Oh" she pointed a finger at him, "You called your mom didn't you!”

"I..Uh," he rubbed the back of his neck, "I mean..." he couldn't have looked more guilty if he tried.

"Clark! You said and I quote "This will be good for all of us. We can do this Lois..."

"I know what I said!" If only he had been able to stick to it.

"Yeah, that's why you called…how many times?" Lois gave Clark the look that told him he had no way out of this. His verbal tripping wasn't going to save him.

".. Twice" He murmured with a swallow.

Lois stared at him for a moment before sighing, "So…how is she?"

"She's fine. Apparently she isn't suffering like we are." Pushing his glasses back up his nose Clark gave a small smile "Which is for the best, I wouldn't want her too."

"Neither would I" Lois replied in a small voice, re-focusing her attention back on her mousse. Clark knew her mind was elsewhere, couldn't blame her. In two years they hadn't left Metropolis for more than a handful of hours at a time. Well she hadn't anyway.

He had as Superman. It couldn't be avoided.

"Alright then. Let's enjoy this evening…no more moping and missing and all that fare. We go home tomorrow so lets enjoy our freedom tonight." Lois determined voice broke through his thoughts. As Clark was nodding his agreement, Lois called over the waiter and ordered them drinks, very alcoholic drinks. Glad that Clark hadn't inquired into how many times she had called his mom.

They were a silly pair she thought as she turned her attention back to him. Taking in how as the years had passed even the Clark Kent mask couldn't hide the presence he had about him. He could play the meek geek but he was always the geek that stood out. At least though they were a pair, feeling suddenly very possessive of her geeky stud, Lois couldn't have imagined it any other way. He was her investigative partner, lover, best friend, fiancé and companion in silly worrying.

The best possible pairing in history she imagined.

Could the man be any more gawd damn sexy? His body was made for sex, this she was certain of. She'd write an editorial to prove it if need be. There was no help for her. She'd forever be a simmering pot ready to boil over every time he looked at her, and those glasses, those stupid damn make-him-look-like -a -dork glasses just made it ten times worse.

She hated him.

Okay that wasn't true. Not really, yes she did hate him, but it was the sort that came from years of wholly and completely loving someone who drove you mentally and physically up the proverbial wall, and sometimes literally - but that was a totally different train of thought and going there meant trying things she wasn't currently capable of.

Why in the name of all that was good did she think drinking that much would be a good idea?

It wasn't beer or whiskey… it was champagne, the stuff that went straight to her head. It made her feel like she was walking on air, and robbed her of every single sense. Stupid pink, bubbly pretty stuff. Should know better when it comes to pink, pink is evil.

"Lois, honey, our room is still three floors up."

Lois turned, or more accurately whipped around and almost stumbled into the wall. "Oh" She wasn't certain when she had left his arms and wandered the wrong way, but somehow she had.

Stupid pink evil liquid. It had been pink, right?

Suddenly Lois wasn't entirely sure what she had drunk or how much. All she knew as Clark guided her into the overly done swanky elevator was that she felt utterly fantastic and completely drunk.

If she felt any better she would end up flying. The thought made her giggle. Flying…her and Clark in the clouds. High above…sex.

Clark gave Lois a sideways glance, relieved that they were the elevators only occupants. Lois drunk wasn't exactly a new situation, and if he was honest he actually quite enjoyed it. However, so far she had tried to maul him down one hallway before abruptly pushing off him with disgust, and now stood calmly but giggly at his side. This was usually the moment she'd use to cop a feel.

And he'd let her while getting his own in return.

This though, this behavior was off and yet considering she hadn't had anything to drink for well over a year maybe it wasn't all that surprising.

Not sure what she was thinking he found himself putting his arm out, stopping her from her sudden sprint into the elevator doors. She looked at him confused before laughing.

Pointing at him her grin grew wide, her eyes swept possessively over him. "You’re mine" she declared.

Clark nodded with an amused grin, "Yes I am."

Walking down the hall, his arm around her waist both to guide and steady her. Clark found his eyes traveling downward, unable to help admiring the way her gown hugged her body, the deep cleavage.

Arriving at their hotel room door Lois looked up and in that moment Clark felt himself fall in love with her all over again. The way she looked at him, the complete trust, the love, the lust all mingled in her hazel eyes as her lips parted ever so slightly and her breath hitched. He could feel her heart pounding with his own.

Without hesitation he leaned down and captured her lips in a slow deep kiss. Wanting her as much as she wanted him.

The hotel room door couldn't open fast enough as they pushed through, Lois had her hands in his hair, then gripping his shoulders or undoing his pants. At some point she stripped him of his glasses and he found himself a little concerned as his hand went for the zip on the back of her dress, where they went. He really didn't want to find them tomorrow crunched under foot.

Her dress unzipped he spun her around gently to run a hand achingly down her front and across her stomach, pulling the gown down as he did, caressing and palming her skin. Kissing her neck as her body leaned completely into his own, moaning at his touch. How he loved her, every single thing about her. From her rambling or ranting to her sense of humor and compassion, her laughter and smile to the way her body felt against his own or the way she'd moan out his name.

Clark couldn't fathom loving anyone the way he loved her or how he could ever stop.

"Clark…" She breathed and turned in his arms, "I want you now..."

She grabbed his face and kissed him hard, her mouth over his in a dominating play of lips and tongue that swallowed his reply. A moment later it became clear she needed more, pushing him back and tearing open his shirt causing the buttons to fly in different directions.

Hands gripping her waist Clark kissed the side of her face and grunted in protest, "That was a good shirt."

"I'll sew them back on…" Lois returned as her lips found his again, their bodies pressed tightly together.

"No you won't" he murmured back after a minute, falling back on to the bed, bringing her with him.

Lois grinned and rolled to the side “No...I won't” Lustfully nodding down at his pants which much to her delight disappeared along with her under clothes a second later. "We should be working…"

Shaking his head Clark grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled her over him once more till she was straddling him.

"We…" He moaned against her touch, the feel of her long hair touching his skin as she leaned down to kiss him, "We can work tomorrow..."

"Ma'am, are you okay, do you need me to call a taxi?"

She stopped at the door and turned back to look at the hotel employee. "No, no need, just…" what was she going to do, she wasn't sure. All she knew was that she wasn't supposed to be there. Wherever 'there' was.

"I'm just going to go for a walk." Yeah, a walk. Maybe after some fresh air she'd remember what it was she was supposed to be doing, where she should be.

"Okay, Um..." The clerk looked uncertain, the woman was in a night gown, robe and bunny slippers. Not the usual going out for a walk attire, however, it was her choice.

Turning away she went through the door and shivered a little at as the crisp air hit her. Pulling her robe around her tighter she realized she had forgotten how cold it could get at this time of year.

The street at first was fairly busy; there were others out even at this time of night, hotels and bars being the main reason. After a while the hotel was no longer in sight and the streets became darker, she had rarely seen a car.

Time didn't seem to hold any meaning, she couldn't recall how far she had walked and still had no clue where she was going. It would come she was sure of it.

Her side of the bed was cold, he had been gone several hours on the other side of the world as Superman. Normally he wouldn't have been alarmed as usually if she woke and couldn't go back to sleep she'd jump on her laptop and write.

But her laptop was untouched and she had been pretty out of it when he left, sleeping off her intoxication and their energetic lovemaking. So where was she?

After 20 minutes of trying to be patient, in case she simply gone out to get something from the little convenience store not even half a block away, Clark knew something was wrong.

Texting her phone resulted in him finding it and her purse in their hotel room. Untouched.

Taking a deep breath, he headed down to the lobby trying not to assume the worst. Lois would kick his
    Kryptonian ass if he made a big deal out of her stretching her legs and getting sidetracked.

Clark's relief was short-lived, though the clerk responded immediately to the site of Lois' picture in his wallet, he informed him she had gone out in her robe and slippers almost three hours before.

That wasn't a walk to the local store or a stretch your legs sort of time frame. It was funny how he could deal with crisis as Superman with relative ease but this, the feeling the filled him now made his stomach roll, his chest ache and his knees weak. Where was she?

Without really thinking about it he ran out of the hotel, staring up and down the street, which direction?
    After a moment he realized he could listen for her. Her voice, her heartbeat.

Closing his eyes he stood there and let each and every sound fall away until he heard her. The simple steady beat of her heart.

Relief washed over him. Whatever had happened she didn't seem to be hurt or in distress.

Anger flooded in. Did she think he wanted to be worried about her? In all their years together she had never been so thoughtless as to leave him worrying over her for no reason.

Ducking into the nearest alley, Clark spun into his Superman suit and took off in the direction he knew she had gone. Slowly flying over the streets looking for the only woman capable of making him feel this insane.

It took just seconds to find her, standing in front of a darkened shop over five miles away from the hotel.

Confused and still a little angry he landed with a thud behind her. “Lois, what are you…” he began stopping as she turned around to look at him.

He had never seen that expression on her face before. Lois eyes widened and she looked completely panicked at the sight of him. “Superman!”

She flew into his arms, he could feel her shaking. “Lois...Lois” Clark pulled her away so he could look her over, “What's wrong? Why did you leave?”

Her hands tightened like iron grips around his arms, “What…” She looked confused, like she was clueless as to what he was talking about. Lois shook her head, “No... Superman you don't understand, I need your help!”

For a split second Clark wanted this to be some sort of game. Badly timed game that would end with them naked in bed and all forgiven. There was no chance of it. Her eyes held not a single spark of love or recognition for him. Just…confusion and fear. He had seen that look before in many other eyes. Heard it in multitude of voices from those who called out for help.

Clark brought his hands up to cup her face, “It's okay. I'm here now” the words coming of their own accord, an automatic response when what he really wanted to say wouldn't come, he wasn't even sure what else to say. Afraid to even think the thought the came into his mind.

“Please...” she pleaded, “Can you please help me”

He nodded and rubbed a tear away with his thumb, “Tell me what you need... “ Tell me that you’re okay, that this is just a dream.

She obviously couldn't hear his thoughts, and her answer did nothing to allay his fear.

“Superman... I don't...” Her mouth opened for a moment, than closed before she opened it again, struggling to find the words. When she did find her voice it was on the verge of hysteria, “I don't know who I am!”

Last edited by FWvidchick; 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Oh man!!! this is the kind of fic that drives me crazy and makes me grab a beer!!!!!
      I need a new update ASAP!!!

Comment

Prologue now up here on ksite. and Veronica I hope to have more written tomorrow.

Comment

Oh wow, what a great start. I loved the beginning part with them both worrying about their daughter, I'm assuming it was their daughter right? And then wowza, you always write their love scenes so steamy yet you get away with keeping it clean, I don't know how you do it but that was...wow.

And then BAM you hit us with it. What is wrong with Lois? What happened to her? Does it have something to do with what she drank? I can't bear to see Clark hurting but he has to figure this out and then they can be whole together again. Until then, I'm sure you're going to take us on one heck of a ride and I for one, can't wait. Bring it on!

Loved it Jenny, more soon please

Comment

I'm hooked. More please

Comment

Wow I'm hooked can't wait to find out what happens.

update soon please.

Comment

Great!!! A new story!!!!!!!!
                Hope you'll feel better.

Comment

wow, this is good, very good.
                  It's so insteresting and captivating.
                  Poor Clark, it's going to be hard on him.
                  Update soon, I am in .

Comment

Oh no. Not good. (The plot - not the writing)

I know this is your - write when I can't write other stuff - but it's so good and I hope to see more soon.

Comment

wow im on board

Comment

Originally posted by MariVe
                        Oh man!!! this is the kind of fic that drives me crazy and makes me grab a beer!!!!!
                        I need a new update ASAP!!!
                        Aww.. yeah I think ur gonna need a six pack. I'm working on it. I'm taking a break from forcing myself on the stories that don't want to come for the weekend, already got some of an update for this done

Originally posted by Loulou26
                        Oh wow, what a great start. I loved the beginning part with them both worrying about their daughter, I'm assuming it was their daughter right? And then wowza, you always write their love scenes so steamy yet you get away with keeping it clean, I don't know how you do it but that was...wow.

And then BAM you hit us with it. What is wrong with Lois? What happened to her? Does it have something to do with what she drank? I can't bear to see Clark hurting but he has to figure this out and then they can be whole together again. Until then, I'm sure you're going to take us on one heck of a ride and I for one, can't wait. Bring it on!

Loved it Jenny, more soon please
                        Wow, Thanks babe! You assume correctly . and thank you..I don't know how I do it either. lol

Yeah..Clark is in for some hurt, so is Lois. But hopefully it wil be an enjoyable roller coaster ride.

Originally posted by Kalebasse
                        wow, this is good, very good.
                        It's so insteresting and captivating.
                        Poor Clark, it's going to be hard on him.
                        Update soon, I am in .
                        Thank you! I hope to keep it up.

Originally posted by KatherineKent
                        Oh no. Not good. (The plot - not the writing)

I know this is your - write when I can't write other stuff - but it's so good and I hope to see more soon.
                        Yeah, I feel so guilty about my other stories but forcing myself is not working. So i got this at least..and thanks.

Originally posted by Josie89
                        I'm hooked. More please
                        Originally posted by cloisfan100
                        Wow I'm hooked can't wait to find out what happens.

update soon please.
                        Originally posted by Marie95300
                        Great!!! A new story!!!!!!!!
                        Hope you'll feel better.

Originally posted by bigvillir001
                        wow im on board
                        More coming soon. Thanks for all the comments and encouragement, and for not lynching me for my unfinished work.

Okay.. question.. should I go for the more dramatic in this? I'm warning you if i do .. it will be (if it all goes to plan) angsty and heart wrenching but it means putting clois through the ringer. Otherwise there will be some angst but not as.. bad as I can make it. And no worries no..triangles.

Up the angst level?
                        pollcode.com free polls

Comment

Oh no!! poor Clark!! Great start, I feel sad for Clark already but I'm sure his love will make Lois remember her Superman!! Like it!!

Comment

great start Jenny

Comment

OMG, Jen! What a story!!! I'm totally hooked and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Clois love scene! You know how much I love 'Naughty Clois' so THANK YOU!

Now as far as Lois' amnesia is concern, I think she was right about Lex. That pretty little pink drink was spiked with something and now it's up to Lois and Clark to fix things. Just please be gentle with the angst. I can't stand for Clois to be suffering so much no thanks to Lex 'Get a Life' Luthor. If anything, making him pay for messing with my beloved couple would be far more fun don't you think?!

Update soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎