No announcement yet.

Dredd 3D

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dredd 3D

I cannot wait to see this movie. I've been seeing ads for at least 2 wks straight especially on MTV. The movie looks really cool and Karl Urban who plays Dredd has become one of my favorite actors since I saw him in the Star Trek movie a few yrs ago.

I think the movie will wipe out the memory of the Stallone movie from 1995. It wasn't a bad movie but Dredd 3D looks much better.

Anyone else looking forward to the flick?

Originally posted by Austin 3:16

I think the movie will wipe out the memory of the Stallone movie from 1995. It wasn't a bad movie but Dredd 3D looks much better.

Anyone else looking forward to the flick?
    I cant wait see it but i don't know if it wipe out memory of Stallone. When comes movies like this i hate seeing new actors play the role. When Stallone is still built well and could play the part just fine. Be nice if they cast him and made it into a follow up from the 1 st dredd.

Comment

Thank god he will keep his helmet which you can only do with a cult actor not a mega superstar like Stallone.

When the 95 film was greenlit everything was going fine but when Stallone came onto it, it was a different story, the producers wouldn't allow such a expensive star like Sylvester Stallone to have his face not shown which was problematic because Dredd is supposed to be the faceless representative of the law, the whole essence of the character just evaporated from the screen and the film suffered for it.

Shame that Paul Verhoeven didn't do Judge Dredd 20 years ago it should've been more of a RoboCop, Total Recall type film, a ultra violent sci fi actioner.

Comment

Karl Urban is awesome and he wanted to really keep the image of the comics. I remember in early interviews he felt it was extremely important to keep the helmet on and not show the face like in the comics.

Comment

Saw Dredd tonight, it was awesome, they got it right this time, it's really gory.

Comment

I heard its number one in England.

Comment

Given the lack of hardcore violence what was family friendly and campy about the Stallone Dredd?

Comment

^ Haven't seen that movie in a long time but I think it has mostly to do with the acting. Namely Dredd, his sidekick and the badguy. Seemed like everyone was hamming it up.

Comment

Guessing what was campy about was dredd having a codpiece and spandex, I think it was kid friendly was the lack of hardcore violence and everything being clean and little to do with the violent crime in Mega City One. It failed because it was trying to be a typical Stallone movie, he took his helmet off 15 minutes in and spends the rest of the film unmasked, fans were pretty disappointed when they saw the full face of Dredd, it wasn't the Dredd everyone loves and it wasn't the way he was written.

The gory pits in Dredd 3D are Dredd shooting a flare in a guy's mouth, Ma Ma has three of her men skinned and thrown off a balcony, gangmembers get shot in slow motion one gets it through the belly by the side and one through the cheek, a man get crushed by a ascending door with bloody results, a lawgiver blows a man's hand off when he tries to pull the trigger because they're programmed to be used by a judge if a unauthorized person uses it blows up and takes their hand off.

Comment

^ What you're describing are minute details. Sure, they can be deal breakers for some but I still think it's the writing that killed the original Dredd.

Going to watch the new Dredd film soon ----->

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                      ^ What you're describing are minute details. Sure, they can be deal breakers for some but I still think it's the writing that killed the original Dredd.

Going to watch the new Dredd film soon ----->
                      Writing was bad because it was caught up in the Hollywood cliche mill, they turned it into a vehicle for Stallone which was the worst move, I read they tried to make it family friendly and they hoped for a PG 13 rating but got a R rating.

Dredd 3D wasn't trying to be kid friendly or pull any punches it's a really graphic violent film the way it should.

Have a nice time.

Comment

This movie was crazy and I loved every minute of it! Karl Urban IS Dredd and I really hope they do a sequel. He has so much more to do. Lena Headey what can I say? Best bad guy and pulls absolutely no punches. Loved his partner too and I just really want to see what they can do together in a Dredd 2.

Comment

Dredd was awesome! I may have to see this one more time in theaters

Comment

I watched it the other day and I personally liked it. Though looking at the numbers so far for Dredd 3D it doesn't look like we'll be getting a sequel.

Comment

WOW! They did another Dredd movie? I'll give it a look when it hits BlueRay.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎