Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) - From Joss Whedon - Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is great news shield the series now I think covering the early years of shield nick fury giving brief recaps about shield and present day yet still keeping with present time with the movies just my thoughts

Comment

A prequel means we could get Coulson in it, which might make for some good movie-TV connecting.

Maybe Nick Fury has a white son named Marcus Johnson.

Comment

http://www.ksitetv.com/shield-2/s-h-...-already/16117

Interesting that they will be underdogs in a world filled with superheroes. Question is: Will we see some of the bigger names come into the series? Even just here and there.
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-12-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Four of the main characters have been revealed:

http://www.ksitetv.com/shield-2/deta...revealed/16633
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-01-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

here is a listing of 5 characters (the main 4 plus another?) from tv line:
            Among those fighting the good fight:
            SKYE | This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.
            AGENT GRANT WARD | Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you.
            AGENT ALTHEA RICE | Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.
            AGENT LEO FITZ and AGENT JEMMA SIMMONS | These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.

My first thoughts on it are Skye is a terrible name for a character, other then that I wonder which Whedon alums will be in this series if any at all. A lot of the Whedon alums are already in shows at ABC (Fillion, Tudyk) or have other shows.
            Last edited by Degobunny; 10-02-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

If anyone can pull it off, Joss can. And he brings with him a lot of viewers who trust him not to screw it up.

Comment

Official Facebook page confirms it. Agent Coulson will be in the pilot!

Superherohype.com also confirms it. They announced it at the NYCCC.
                Last edited by Austin 3:16; 10-13-2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Ahem. And KSiteTV had an article up before even Superherohype did:

Comment

Agent Coulson on this show will be a life model decoy then or was possible a life model decoy in the film then? I would say he will be the Vision but that would require Ant-man and Ultron.

Comment

Would they really want to go through the makeup and effects that Vision would require, for TV?

I'm just going to assume that wasn't really Coulson dying in the Avengers movie.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                        Would they really want to go through the makeup and effects that Vision would require, for TV?I'm just going to assume that wasn't really Coulson dying in the Avengers movie.
                        The Vision would actually be an easier character to adapt to the screen then others. Make-up he would need to have red skin, then he needs some sort of contacts unless they want a more human Vision. SFX he has flight, laser vision, super density and can go intangeable. It is all doable especially if he is the only one with powers on the team. However the Vision was created by Ultron it is unlikely that Coulson will be the Vision.This means that 'tv' Coulson will be a life model decoy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                          I'm just going to assume that wasn't really Coulson dying in the Avengers movie.
                          Or he somehow secretly survived and Fury used his "death" to inspire the Avengers to avenge.

Comment

Just saw that good job Craig. Sorry I was working all day so someone told me Superhero Hype as soon as i got done. U guys here were in top though and ty for posting the news.

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
                              Or he somehow secretly survived and Fury used his "death" to inspire the Avengers to avenge.
                              This seems to be the prevailing theory among fans. That it was all engineered by Fury to inspire the team. I haven't seen Avengers yet but fans are saying that Coulson's wound wasn't that bad. And hey, people come from the dead all the time in comics anyway.

Other speculation is that the series will take place before Avengers in the timeline (like after the individual movies? Or just after Iron Man?)). And be sort of a prequel to the movie.

Either way, Coulson lives!

Comment

Not sure if Craig has an article up yet but deadline is reporting, one of the leads for the SHIELD show has been cast. Ming-Na Wen of Eureka and Street Fighter fame will be Melinda May who Althea Rice on the call casting sheet. She was also Mulan in the Disney film, I would love for her to guest star or cameo on Once Upon a Time.

Last edited by Degobunny; 10-24-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎