No announcement yet.

Independent Comics

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent Comics

I wanted to create a thread where we can talk about independent comics...or rather comics that are lesser known besides your typical superhero comics. Lately, I've been getting into these more because they have some more intriguing stories rather than the ones we are use to when it comes to superheroes. To be fair, Superhero comics aren't going to move forward because they will always go back to a status quo.

So has anyone been reading the new book Punk Rock Jesus? Its really an interesting read about a close of Jesus being born in todays world and his life is being recorded as a reality tv show.

I haven't read that but it definitely sounds fun to read.

Comment

Don't know about indies but I recently read a whole bunch of comics written by Alejandro Jodorowsky. His imaginative Incal books and spin-offs such as The Metabarons and Megalex. <--- Really high concept science fiction/fantasy and spiritualism. I've read some of his western comics, the Bouncer series. A mad comic called Madwoman of the Sacred Heart and his over the top The Borgias.

After reading Marvel runs (Fantastic Four, Avengers) from Jonathan Hickman I'm thinking of jumping to his (in comparison more indy) The Manhattan Projects and East of West.

Comment

If you're looking for some great Indies to read, I'd look up Amigo Comics, Inverse Press, Insane Comics, Hound Entertainment, Big Dog Ink, and Creator's Edge Press. I'll definitely look into that Alejandro guy you mentioned.

Comment

Yeah I like indie comics sometimes, they are more relatable and relevant sometimes.

Comment

I read Alterna Comics books.

They are bringing back newsprint so all their books are between $1.00 and $1.99.

The Chair is their only book at $1.00 becauss it is almost 10 years old.

Only oversized issues are $1.99; most of their books are $1.50

They have a lot of books in almost any genre and age group.

They also have bundles on their ETSY shop where you can purchase all the books they currently have for only 50 some dollars.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎