Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOID and FRAGILE Official Re-Watch Thread, June 8th, 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now time for Tom’s directorial debut in Fragile…

Ooooh I felt sooo sorry for Maddie in this first scene, just the way the foster mum immediately goes for the phone and to get rid of her and Maddie looks so desperate bless her. Also the mum’s actions confuse me… you know that your daughter is breaking glass, all of your windows have just shattered and the mirror starts shaking….so you walk directly towards it and stand inches away?

And yay for the Kent family taking in another stray, I do so love it when the Kents look after the kids in this show, Tom has such a great relationship with them….oh no….I’m having Ryan flashbacks *sniff sniff*

Y’know what I don’t get is why Clark hasn’t told his mum about Lionel yet? You’d think he’d want to warn her about something that important asap

Awwwww Tom is so adorable with the child actors, and just fyi, I think that’s an amazing self portrait

Yay! Shelby returns, nice creative use of superhearing too

I love Lois, but her first scene’s with Maddie make me cringe cause I don’t deal with awkwardness well

Wow nice product placement AOL ...“Considering you’ve never been in a serious relationship” low blow Lex, low blow, but yay for tough Chloe protecting her friend

And look how Lana repays her, by acting like a complete ______ you fill in the blank …gah I cannot wait for Lana to just be GONE

And just when you thought it was safe to go into a Greenhouse…bam Cop who apparently wasn’t informed about the whole glass smashing thing receives a painful death, first the guy falling on the saw in Void now this? Stop with the painful deaths already Smallville they make me wince

First Ryan flashbacks now Jonathan references? You’re killing me Smallville Although it’s nice to see some continuity with the deceased for once

Gah that Lexana kiss was just so…awkward… I would’ve preferred it if Lana had pulled away, looked shocked for a second and then ran…but you know what you need to do now Lana? Give Chloe a big fat apology (In case anyone hadn't guessed I'm a Chloe fan )

Buuut despite all the weird Lana and Lexana stuff the actress that played Maddie was very good and all in all it was a very good directorial debut for Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by MannaBanana
      Why does Lana have such a hard time finding her family when Lex and Clark got there right away? Maybe they were trying to hide from her
      It seemed to me that Lana did not go to the same place as Clark and Lex at all. The visuals were very different for example. Lana's were all fuzzy flower background, nothing solid but her parents, who didn't do much except smile and saying "we love you". Clark and Lex on the other hand entered a fully fleshed out vision with background and persons that seemed real somehow. And both Clark and Lex got some really odd warnings. I mean, Jonathan told Clark that Lionel knew his secret and implied that Lionel would harm Martha. But we know that Lionel was on Clark's side - shouldn't an all knowing spirit know that, too ? And while Clark at least recieved some solid information Lilian went just all vague and mysterious again, nothing specific but a black glove.

I can't help it but I really didn't trust Jonathan and Lilian in these visions.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrsK
      I want to know where the camera was...
      Orbit, maybe.

----- Added 19 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by mcwelling197
      Why is never any security at the mansion??
      Could be a lot of reasons. Lex not trusting anybody for example. Or him feeling immortal anyway - considering how often he survived impossible odds not that surprising. Then, there is not actually something in the mansion he would really miss if it was stolen. And, all the heroes have a tendecy to burst in to accuse him of something or the other and he does not want to place his guards in their way, just in case.

Just want to point out: Lex didn't shoot. Just like in "Lockdown" he opts for the non-final solution. He could have killed the intruder easily, just as he could have killed the two murderers in "Lockdown".

----- Added 24 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
      The transition is almost creepy, isn't it? But it goes to show you just how well she was able to fool him, milking his tendency to accept what she says at face value and give her whatever she wants when she flutters her eyelashes.
      It also showed that she is rather used to doing it. Acting like that, I mean. Lana is a great actress and has the "pretty, sweet, naive, and slightly dumb"-role perfected.

----- Added 30 Minutes later -----

Yeah, how many times has it happened now? Lex did it in "Velocity" to help Pete get out of a jam with the street-racing problem, and I think that Lucy stole his car in her centric episode in Season 4, right?
      Yep. They all pretty much assume that whatever Lex owns is theirs, too. You don't think Chloe will ask for permission or pay money when she hacks into Luthorcorp intranet for Watchtower business, either?

----- Added 41 Minutes later -----

It was a worthwhile experience as far as she was concerned. "Lex died." "What?!" "Don't worry; I brought him back." I love the matter-of-fact way she explains all of this.
      Yes. Love this scene. Clark being stunned by her news. I wonder if she wanted to see if he was happy or not. You know, Clark's true feelings.

I also consider the short conversation between Chloe and Lex interesting. Lex looking at her as if he never saw her before and she misinterpreting it (maybe even intentionally) and telling him by trying the other serum she had nothing to loose as he had been dead already. But she saved his life and we all know how deep such a deed touches Lex.

----- Added 44 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrsK
      Definitely a plot hole there. And just how does she plan to get back when there is no one there to give her the orange stuff?
      Clark save her - he always does ...
      Last edited by Freawaru; 06-11-2012, 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
        Absolutely, The Luthors conversation was so dark but at the same time, Lillian still wanted for Lex to do the right thing.
        You mean: dying? What kind of mother wants her child to die? Wouldn't it have been better to be more specific about his future evil deeds so he can prevent them?

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

I do, too. It was really sad. Lillian is one of the most tragic characters on the show, and I think she really wanted to be a good mother, but she just couldn't handle all the pressures she had to deal with, mainly caused by Lionel.
        Didn't she suffer from post-natal depression or something?

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MannaBanana
        If Jonathan knows Clark is a "Symbol" he obviously knows some of the future so I never understood why he would be warning him about Lionel. Lionel is more a good guy and an evil guy at this point
        Indeed! Makes no sense. Except if is was actually Jor El sending this vision (and maybe even Jonathan's personality - I mean, Jor El has the memory of Clark's biological's father why not Jonathan's, too?). Jor El might have wanted to prepare Clark that Lionel knew his secret so that he could get used to the idea. Just like Lionel did the whole "blackmail Martha with Clark's secret"-plot hoping that this way she would not react like Jonathan when she finally found out that he knew who Clark was.

----- Added 13 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
        I blame it all on Lionel, Lillian was just a victim and even in the dream (or whatever) she wanted to keep him with her. It would've saved his eternal soul and the lives of millions.
        And doomed Earth and humankind. He is Sageeth after all. The whole "save humankind" plan provided in the prophesy only works if Lex takes the role of Sageeth.

----- Added 22 Minutes later -----

You can tell that Lex is still thinking about what he'd heard from Lillian from the fact that he's playing the same song that he heard in his vision of the afterlife. I always liked hearing him play. Just like he's playing Lana by trying to get ever closer to her and lying about what he learned from Lillian.
        Yes. I think this is the moment he decided to train those he trusts to fight against him and win against him. In case he becomes evil (like in Onyx). Similar to Clark giving kryptonite to those he trusts for another case he runs amok. Two episodes later in "Mercy" we see Lex playing chess against himself, telling Lionel he plays not to win but to instruct.

----- Added 43 Minutes later -----

Lana is really pretty rude to Chloe in this scene. Not that I can blame her for being a little bit peeved, but still, "rumor mill?" And humiliating her? To who? Who else knows that Chloe thinks Lex and Lana are an item?! "Well, I don't plan on being anyone else's prey..." at least until the end of this episode.
        I interpret it a bit differently. Lana knows Lex is a predator, but she knows so is she. And she is the bigger one. So it is actually the other way round: Lex is Lana's prey, now.
        Last edited by Freawaru; 06-11-2012, 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
          Seriously... that was also incredibly lame. WHY oh WHY would they send a sheriff's deputy to bring Tyler McKnight to Belle Reeve who WEARS GLASSES?!?! Were they not briefed at ALL about this guy's abilities? They should have kept him sedated and not taken him ANYWHERE where there was ANY glass. Think of all the windows in Smallville Medical Center alone!!!!
          Yes. In 33.1 they would never have made such a mistake.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

I guess so -- especially since she had him basically surrounded by the humongous, spiky glass shards. This dude really learned his lesson, the cowardly, murderous jerk. Well done, Maddie, and well done, Clark!!!
          Poor guy. Another sad story of a good guy going insane due to a meteor infection.
          Last edited by Freawaru; 06-11-2012, 04:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎