X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum (Showcase (CA)/ SyFy(USA))

Edit: I'm talking about Con-ti-nu-um

Anyone watched that new show?

What did you think of it.

As an old fan of Master Bra'tac it was sad that Tony Amendola didn't get more screen time. But as long as I don't see a body, I haven't written him off.

The odd thing was that in the future I was more sympathetic towards the terrorists. The law enforcers all just rubbed me the wrong way and even at the end of the episode I'm still not very fond of the female lead, which isn't a good sign.

There's one huge plothole: When Lucas was in the interrogation room he could have simply called her out by claiming he knows that she is not a cop. Until that moment they had nothing on him. He was arrested because he a drug in his system - nothing else. If he had claimed that she had drugged him (what she actually did) and that she should actually ID herself, the entire premise of the show would be gone.

And it's still unrealistic that even after six cops were murdered in that station no one verifies her story. Has none of them ever watched 24 and considered she might be a mole?

If the terrorists hadn't broken Lucas out the police would have to let him go at some point. He was arrested before the bank heists happened and his involvement with this hinges solely on the word of a pretend-cop.
    Last edited by DJ Doena; 05-28-2012, 09:16 AM.

It was a solid premiere, with good production values and interesting characters. Rachel Nichols, who plays Kiera, the cop-from-the-future, definitely shows her acting chops in this and episode 2. I like that it is presenting a world that's not all black-and-white, but shades of grey. Alec Sadler, a teenage hacker, is her link to 2012 - he's sort of like Continuum's version of Oracle ... and her sidekick. And there's definitely a connection developing between her and Carlos the Vancouver detective.

Kiera is a Protector -- essentially in 2077 an enforcer for the corporations who rule the world then. The terrorists called Liber8 go back in time to 2012 to try to keep their future -the one where big business takes over all government- from coming to pass. So there is an ambiguity with them: they're prepared to steal, murder and commit crimes but there's a case to be made that it could be for good. Kiera wants to get back to her family in 2077, but the longer she stays in the present I could see how she might(?) start to sympathize with Liber8's causes later.

It did seem a bit of a stretch that Vancouver P.D. would just let Kiera aka "Linda" from Portland P.D. tag along without clearing it with her alleged higher-ups or vetting her. After seeing Ep. 2 (It was awesome, btw!), I will say that this issue is addressed.

They weren't kidding when some reviews describe it as a "sci-fi police procedural", because there is that Law and Order-esque evidence-gathering-chasing-leads element to it. But there's plenty of action and futuristic gear too. It's a nice mix.

I'm liking this series and I hope it succeeds and gets int'l distribution beyond Season 1.
    Last edited by President_Luthor; 06-03-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Anyone watch the finale?

Comment

This just in.

Continuum is renewed for Season 2 on Showcase, with plans to air on Syfy UK starting Sept 27th.

(U.S. airing? I'm guessing a deal is in the works, maybe Syfy over there?)

Comment

Really glad this got renewed

Comment

I just watched the first episode on the Syfy channel. It was actually pretty good. I'm worried about alec being a possible bad guy since he seems to be helping her now. I might check out the next episode if I can remember to.

Comment

Anyone know when season 2 starts?

Comment

April 2013. They're likely still filming S2 right now.

Comment

I am watching this as a Tivo show. Pretty good. Still need to watch last weeks episode tho.

Comment

2nd season premieres on 21st April with 13 episodes I feel like I've been waiting forever for season 2 I'd like it to have a full season but oh well 13 will do.

Comment

Im watching on SyFy in the US so we are still getting season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                        Im watching on SyFy in the US so we are still getting season 1.
                        Same here I think we are on the 5th episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                          Same here I think we are on the 5th episode.
                          That's usually the opposite for me in UK lol season 2 of Once Upon A Time hasn't even started yet

Comment

Originally posted by MarvelL
                            That's usually the opposite for me in UK lol season 2 of Once Upon A Time hasn't even started yet
                            In the US it seems when other countries season end thats when ours start. Not sure how it is the other way around.

Comment

Imdb is saying that Continuum Season 2 is going to premiere April 21.

IMDb, the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎