No announcement yet.

Netflix looking to revive Jericho

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix looking to revive Jericho

Netflix is courting CBS in the hopes of reviving Jericho, similar to what they are already doing with Arrested Development.

Apocalypse now? TV Guide Magazine confirms that Netflix has approached CBS about reviving cult fave Jericho — and the network, through its CBS TV Studios production arm, is considering it. The drama, which followed the residents of a small Kansas town in the wake of a nuclear attack, has been off the air since 2008.

Repeats of Jericho remain popular on Netflix's on-demand service, even four years after the show's cancellation. Insiders say Netflix execs would love to emulate the revival of Fox's Arrested Development, which is expected to return on Netflix with new episodes in 2013, seven years after the show ended its run. Like Arrested fans, Jericho's are a passionate bunch: CBS renewed the post-apocalyptic show for a second season in 2007 after viewers bombarded the network with cases of peanuts.
    Also, what is this about a Gotham pilot on ABC?

Ha.. no relation to the Gotham you're thinking about.

But I think most of these Netflix rumors are totally bogus, and are just stringing fans along with hopes their show can return. If CBS didn't make Jericho Season 2 work back in the day, I don't know how anyone else could 5 years after the fact. I loved Jericho, so that's too bad. Season 2 with the budget cut really hurt.

Comment

The Arrested Development deal is already done and filmed.

Comment

Yesterday on AOTS Candace Bailey was showing off a comic she got from her Jericho friends this weekend. Looks there is going to be a new comic out soon.
        Last edited by Harrison_Bergeron; 06-19-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎