No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Departed?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lori
    Julie also confirmed Klaus' body may not have completely burned we didnt see it.
    Can't do real Klaus without JoMo forever!! I think it might be interesting if his old body was destroyed, yet somehow he was able to find a way to create a new one for himself. Take the show into uncharted territory

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
    I'm confused about Bonnie's involvement and why she would sacrifice Tyler like that. Didn't one of the vampires say Tyler was dead? Someone did... I don't recall who.
    I'm convinced that it was Tylerklaus who met Caroline when she returned to the cave. Klaus doesn't want anyone to know he's alive yet, and he's still got a hybrid body to go out and keep making more of them (though it's not technically a "original hybrid body but apparently putting someone's spirit into a new form is just as good as having their blood in rare cases)
    Last edited by dru-zod2501; 05-14-2012, 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Where do I even begin with this episode?

The Good

Elijah making a deal with Elena

Elijah and Rebekah crying over the loss of Klaus

The Bad

Elijah didn't have much of a role, so that negates all of the good things about this episode.

Alaric is dead. The writers destroyed Alaric's character and then they killed off a great villain in Evil Alaric after only a couple of episodes. Wow, okay.

Klaus possessing Tyler is a huge slap in the face to Joseph Morgan and his fans. Joseph Morgan is the reason that Klaus has so many fans. No offense to Michael Trevino, but he won't be able to handle playing Klaus.

Elena picked Stefan. I am not really interested in Elena's love life, but Elena should have picked Damon. Why did the writers spend this entire season developing Delena if Elena was just going to pick Stefan? Elena picking Stefan instead of Damon made this entire season pointless.

Damon met Elena first. Do the writers expect me to believe that this will impact Elena's decision? Damon and Elena's relationship didn't start at that point. They were just two strangers that briefly met. Their relationship started at the beginning of the first season. Also, Damon's compulsion shouldn't affect Elena's decision. Damon didn't force Elena to fall in love with Stefan. Damon only encouraged Elena to get what she already wanted and she wanted Stefan.

What do I have to look forward to for next season?

Alaric got killed off. Oh wait, he is a ghost.

Klaus is in Tyler's body.

The Originals will probably get screwed over in screen time.

Vampire Elena is the only thing that looks interesting. It would be great if Elijah helped Elena, but I don't think that the writers are smart enough to do that.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Raistlin
      I didn't like the bouncing all over the place in this episode and whenever I think we're done with Klaus, he reappears. I'm tired of Klaus and the original storyline. The business with Elena being turned wasn't all that clear either. I don't like endless triangles and was glad when Elena grew a pair and made a choice. If that's going to be all undone in season 4--and why wouldn't or else what was the purpose of the Damon flashback/reveal--I am going to be one unhappy viewer. I don't like having my chain jerked. Anyway this gets a 7 from me.
      The Originals have more personality and presence than the rest of the characters. How could you not like the Originals?

----- Added 23 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
      Exactly. It's time for them to freaking go. I'm so sick of Klaus now. There is NO redemption for him and him pretending to be Tyler?? How can people ship him and Caroline.
      Why do people like Forwood?

Tyler and Caroline's relationship is a joke. The only thing that they do is have sex. Tyler is a high school jock that only cares about football and sex.

Klaus has a stronger connection with Caroline. He finds her intriguing as a person. He wants her to experience the world. And he appreciates her on an intellectual level.

Tyler and Caroline are connected by meaningless sex. Klaus and Caroline are connected by history, art, and culture.

I think it is pretty obvious why a lot of people like Klaroline.

----- Added 25 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Qcore
      omg. so the real tyler died and bonnie that backstabbing witch switched his body with Klaus? gawd. They should've just killed Kole, he was the cannon fodder.
      Are you implying that Tyler isn't worthless?

----- Added 29 Minutes later -----

Caroline thought Tyler was dying and called Elena who told Matt but Tyler was only transitioning into Klaus
      Julie Plec confirmed that Klaus was already in Tyler's body at that point.
      Last edited by Dexter; 05-16-2012, 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
        Can't do real Klaus without JoMo forever!! I think it might be interesting if his old body was destroyed, yet somehow he was able to find a way to create a new one for himself. Take the show into uncharted territory
        Joseph Morgan needs to come back. He is the only Klaus. Michael Trevino doesn't have the sexy Jewish Viking accent.
        Last edited by Dexter; 05-17-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
          Where do I even begin with this episode?

The Good

Elijah making a deal with Elena

Elijah and Rebekah crying over the loss of Klaus

The Bad

Elijah didn't have much of a role, so that negates all of the good things about this episode.

Alaric is dead. The writers destroyed Alaric's character and then they killed off a great villain in Evil Alaric after only a couple of episodes. Wow, okay.

Klaus possessing Tyler is a huge slap in the face to Joseph Morgan and his fans. Joseph Morgan is the reason that Klaus has so many fans. No offense to Michael Trevino, but he won't be able to handle playing Klaus.

Elena picked Stefan. I am not really interested in Elena's love life, but Elena should have picked Damon. Why did the writers spend this entire season developing Delena if Elena was just going to pick Stefan? Elena picking Stefan instead of Damon made this entire season pointless.

Damon met Elena first. Do the writers expect me to believe that this will impact Elena's decision? Damon and Elena's relationship didn't start at that point. They were just two strangers that briefly met. Their relationship started at the beginning of the first season. Also, Damon's compulsion shouldn't affect Elena's decision. Damon didn't force Elena to fall in love with Stefan. Damon only encouraged Elena to get what she already wanted and she wanted Stefan.

Vampire Elena is the only thing that looks interesting. It would be great if Elijah helped Elena, but I don't think that the writers are smart enough to do that.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

The Originals have more personality and presence than the rest of the characters. How could you not like the Originals?

----- Added 23 Minutes later -----

Tyler and Caroline's relationship is a joke. The only thing that they do is have sex. Tyler is a high school jock that only cares about football and sex.

Klaus has a stronger connection with Caroline. He finds her intriguing as a person. He wants her to experience the world. And he appreciates her on an intellectual level.

Tyler and Caroline are connected by meaningless sex. Klaus and Caroline are connected by history, art, and culture.

----- Added 25 Minutes later -----

Are you implying that Tyler isn't worthless?

----- Added 29 Minutes later -----

Julie Plec confirmed that Klaus was already in Tyler's body at that point.
          Loved and agreed with every single word/point you put above. I agree that Klaus without JM is just inexistent but I also have to say itīs abt time to the show move on the Original storyline foward another huge drama villain storyline.

Comment

IA I think this arc should have played out sooner but Matt has moved on to another show where he is the lead so I guess they had to kill him, having him just leave town would have been a lame exit

I see where your coming from but in the books no matter how she felt about Damon or how many times she kissed him she always chose Stefan in the end, I believe Elena will never fall out of love with Stefan, hence why I'm desperate for Damon to move on, I'm sick of him pining for her.

Exactly, it means nothing, Elena didnt fall in love with Damon first and that is what she meant, personally I think it was a bone for fans of Delena, a bad one esp as screams of Book Bamon rip off

I'm glad Alaric is gone, they struggled giving him a storyline, a vampire hunter who is friends with vampires, plus as I said earlier, looks like Matt wanted to leave

I have a feeling Klaus will be back soon enough, JoMo is back as a season regular next season.

I think the Originals got too much screentime this year, Matt, Tyler, Jeremy, Bonnie, they all suffered from the Originals arc's. Daniel is full time on another show so I think Elijah appearances will be rare sadly.

I don't, Kol is one dimensional, Rebekah is a child or S1 Caroline in essence, Klaus has tuned into a petulant villian.....Elijah is the only one I like, he has class.

I can't agree, in S1 Tyler was the obnoxious jock with the big chip on his shoulder but he's grown so much since then, befriending Caroline then falling in love with her has changed him for the better, S1 Tyler would not have broken his bones over 100 times for the girl he loves, heck he didnt even know love back then. I think Forwood was really well developed, they grew into each other.

I don't get Klaroline, yes the actors have chemistry but she's never going to fall for him, he killed Jenna, threatened her friends, killed and sired her boyfriend, she even drank and threw a party in honor of his demise. As for Klaus well, this high school crush ruined him for me, drawing ponies and pining are not something I look for in a big bad.
            Last edited by Lori; 05-18-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

IA I think this arc should have played out sooner but Matt has moved on to another show where he is the lead so I guess they had to kill him, having him just leave town would have been a lame exit

I'm glad Alaric is gone, they struggled giving him a storyline, a vampire hunter who is friends with vampires, plus as I said earlier, looks like Matt wanted to leave
              I just saw a interview with Matt talking about Cult and the interviewer asked him about how soon did he know after he knew Alaric was going to be killed off that he was offer the lead in Cult. He said that he found out Alaric was going to died on a Friday and then he called his agent and that Monday he was offered the lead in Cult.

Aww...I didn't know Matt wanted off.

Comment

I forgot to mention the part I like.

When Damon starts freaking out going, "No you're not dead! You're not dead. Can't be dead." Or whatever he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha143
                  I forgot to mention the part I like.

When Damon starts freaking out going, "No you're not dead! You're not dead. Can't be dead." Or whatever he says.
                  Yeah, that scene was touching really. He was with dying Ric in his arms and realizing that it only could be happening if Elena was dying/dead too. Ianīs ovwewhelmed, stunned and desperate facial expression was just amazing. He rocked !!

Comment

I see where your coming from but in the books no matter how she felt about Damon or how many times she kissed him she always chose Stefan in the end, I believe Elena will never fall out of love with Stefan, hence why I'm desperate for Damon to move on, I'm sick of him pining for her.
                    Ditto. I would love to see just one show on the CW break out of its predictable mold.

Exactly, it means nothing, Elena didnt fall in love with Damon first and that is what she meant, personally I think it was a bone for fans of Delena
                    And can we STOP throwing bones to fans? It interferes with the organic flow of the story.

I think the Originals got too much screentime this year, Matt, Tyler, Jeremy, Bonnie, they all suffered from the Originals arc's.
                    ITA and the writers don't have enough talent to write for all these characters at once; hence, people disappearing for weeks.

Kol is one dimensional, Rebekah is a child or S1 Caroline in essence, Klaus has tuned into a petulant villian.....Elijah is the only one I like, he has class.
                    ITA with this, too. They used Elijah sparingly, the way the should have used Klaus, because he just wasn't ALL that.

I can't agree, in S1 Tyler was the obnoxious jock with the big chip on his shoulder but he's grown so much since then, befriending Caroline then falling in love with her has changed him for the better, S1 Tyler would not have broken his bones over 100 times for the girl he loves, heck he didnt even know love back then. I think Forwood was really well developed, they grew into each other.

I don't get Klaroline, yes the actors have chemistry but she's never going to fall for him, he killed Jenna, threatened her friends, killed and sired her boyfriend, she even drank and threw a party in honor of his demise. As for Klaus well, this high school crush ruined him for me, drawing ponies and pining are not something I look for in a big bad.
                    Deserved a repeat. Touché.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎