• Show
Clear All

• Fanfic: The Black Unicorn (1/1)

Title: The Black Unicorn
    Type: Gen
    Rating: PG-13
    Characters: Belle, Maleficent
    Word Count: 387
    Summary: Belle has a fateful encounter in a tavern.
    Spoilers: Dreamy
    Note: What if the random tavern scene wasn't random?

Belle sat in the Black Unicorn, finishing her mead, hoping that a dwarf could find true love amid fireflies.

“Don’t despair, child, the Dark One loves you.” The old peddler woman suddenly sitting across from Belle clasped her hand consolingly.

“I know,” said Belle. “I figured it out for myself. What I can’t figure out is why he won’t accept our love.”

“It isn’t cowardice,” assured the old woman. “He can see the future, planning for the future he sees for all our sakes. If true love made him a man, again, he could no longer see that future, no longer protect you or the rest of us from what is to come.”

“What is to come?,” asked Belle, bracing herself for the answer she already knew.

“The Black Queen’s reign,” said the old woman.

Belle seethed. “That…that…”

“The word you’re looking for is ‘witch,’ dear.” The old woman chuckled.

“She tried to make me hurt him with the one thing that would save him.” Belle wept in earnest until her companion’s next words stopped her cold.

“Once your love stripped him of power, Regina would have killed you first, forced him to watch, rendered him lifeless in a pool of your life’s blood, and ridden away toward domination in her coach-and-four.” The old woman forcefully punctuated her words with magic, placing the images of their shared death in Belle’s mind.

Belle kept the scream in her throat. “Thank you for confirming it,” she whispered. “I suspected you weren’t a peddler. What can I do to help?”

“You are as brave as I hoped,” answered the sorceress in her true form. “There are plans within plans. Are you prepared for pain beyond pain, for isolation beyond isolation?”

“Yes,” answered Belle.

“Why are you so sure?,” asked the sorceress.

“Because love fuels my dreams,” answered Belle, “As long as I can dream, I’ll never be alone, and I can endure the pain.”

The sorceress smiled a little too knowingly, Belle thought. “Of course, dear. The only answer you could give. All you need to do is allow The Black Queen to capture you as a pawn.”

“Very well,” Belle agreed. “Will you tell me your name?”

“Yes,” answered the sorceress. “For your part in this, you’ve earned the right to wield that power over me. I am Maleficent.”

Great opener!!! I'm ready for 1.2!!!

Comment

Thanks. I'll write the next chapter after the S1 finale. By then, I'll know whether my theory about Maleficent is canon or AU. That'll determine how I proceed.

Comment

waiting....waiting.......

Comment

Originally posted by Raissa
          Thanks. I'll write the next chapter after the S1 finale. By then, I'll know whether my theory about Maleficent is canon or AU. That'll determine how I proceed.
          I look forward to it!!!

Comment

That's really quite an interesting theory/story there. I'm really excited to find out if it'll come true. It'd be a really great twist, for sure.

Comment

Thanks.

I'm really excited to find out if it'll come true.
              So am I. I'm thinking about alternate plans in case it isn't, though. The writers could throw anything at us.

Comment

Originally posted by Raissa
                Thanks.

So am I. I'm thinking about alternate plans in case it isn't, though. The writers could throw anything at us.
                Yeah, I think that's why I'm still sucked into this show along with the FT elements...because you just never know what the writers are going to throw out next. You really can't expect anything.

Comment

That fic is negated. Time to regroup.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎