Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last movie you saw in the movie theater?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See How They Run 5/10 - I was really hoping that more murder mystery movies would start coming out much like Knives Out (which I loved so much), I guess that was just lightning in a bottle. These movies, after the fact, have been lackluster at best. This one was just too self aware of what it was and it wasn’t funny. I was mostly bored and kept looking at my watch for such a short movie at that.

Comment

• Black Adam - 7/10 I enjoyed it for what it was. It was an actioned packed movie void of a decent story; this was not anywhere near as bad as say… Morbius. The main problem with it was it’s lack of character development and pacing before something else happened. This movie could have actually benefited with another 15-20mins.

It should have been a summer blockbuster with the Rock; so if you’ve seen any of his movies you know what to expect (love him or hate him). There were notable standouts in Aldis Hodge as Hawkman and Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate. The other JSA members….we could have probably done without or at least they should have been left for a proper JSA movie. And the kid wasn’t as annoyingly bad as I was hearing.

And obviously, everyone and their mother knew about that after credit scene….”Ok!!!”, but how long will it probably take to see more….most likely 3-4yrs at the earliest (unless they’ve been developing a follow up and it was ready to go).
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-22-2022, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 8/10 So I went to see it twice this weekend. I don’t know how I’d rank this amongst the rest of the Phase 4 movies, but this was a somber film about loss, grief and moving forward….which was even more personal for the cast and crew with concern to Chadwick Boseman’s death. I thought this was handled as best as it could have been handled.

Comment

• Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery - 9/10 This is how to do 1) a murder mystery and 2) a sequel. The critics and the audience have agreed that this may be just as good, if not better than the original. I didn’t expect it to be so funny. My theater was completely full and it just added to the overall enjoyment. If you are able to see it in theaters, I highly recommend you do before it’s released on Netflix.

Rían Johnson has figured out the formula to these types of movies: a murder mystery surrounding a cast of horrible characters and when you think the mystery has been solved…nope, there’s more to it. And it’s fun to go back and rewatch this with new eyes and see the clues that were sprinkled throughout. I may go back and rewatch with a different audience.

Comment

• Avatar: The Way of Water - 8/10 I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to see this because all the available screenings were in 3D; which wouldn’t do anything for me due to my visual impairment (nothing really pops out to me). Fortunately, they added more non-3D Dolby screenings this past week.

 It was definitely beautiful even in 2D. The underwater scenes were breathtaking and those night scenes were gorgeous (which I think could have been trimmed to make it a tighter movie). You can tell though that Cameron wanted to push the 3D. The screen rate was noticeable.

There was a lot of story, much focusing on the kids, the water tribe….and Jake; Zoey’s Netyiri took a back seat (hopefully she’ll have a bigger role in the 3rd film).

Once again the humans were the villains of the story. The really did find an interesting way to bring back Quaritch while introducing new characters like Kiri, General Ardmore, Dr. Garvin and new creatures with personalities.

They also had a surprise hidden agenda that wasn’t mentioned in any of the promos, but based on the setting made a lot of sense.

I’m curious where they’ll take the next one, but I guess we’ll find out in 2024. As for a second viewing of this, I don't know if I want to see it again due to the 3.5hrs runtime and the timing of the holidays, but I’ll definitely try to see it again at some point after the holidays and since January is a dumping ground for bad movies I might as well use my AMC subscription for something.
            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-18-2022, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Avatar 2 in XD/3D. I enjoyed this movie as much as the first one. I plan to see it a second time before it disappears from the XD/3D format. I didn't notice any unnecessary "woke" junk. I'd give this film a grade: A. I know that they filmed this one and the third one at the same time. They said the third one is 95% finished and should be out in the next two years. Something to look forward to.

Comment

• Plane 6/10 - I went to see it last weekend and I enjoyed it. If you’ve seen any of Gerard Butler’s action movies you know what to expect from them. This was no different. It felt like an old school ‘90s action flick especially plot-wise.

Missing 6/10 - I saw it yesterday and also quite enjoyed it. I’ve heard it being called “a spirited sequel” to 2018’s Searching…which makes sense since it came from the same people that made that movie. It had twist after twist that left you guessing about what really happened until the very end.

Comment

• Knock at the Cabin - 6/10 I’ve only seen a few of M.Knight’s movies, this included. [SPOILER] I like most people, was expecting a major twist of some sort and surprise surprise there wasn’t. [/SPOILER] This was one of the better acting jobs of Dave Batista. The young actress that played the couple’s daughter was just fantastic in her first role.

It was definitely an interesting thought provoking story, but in someone else’s hands it may have been much more compelling especially with the source material in hand.

Comment

• I just saw Expendables 4. It was OK. It seemed like something was missing. More cameos were needed. Micky Rourke, Arnold Swartznegger, Ronda Rousey. Stallone not being in it much was a huge minus. My grade : C-.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎