Arrow In The Media

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eonline gave it a glowing review. They compared Oliver to Nolan's version of Bruce Wayne.

They also said it is one of their five shows to watch this fall! Sounds like an amazing endorsement to me.

Latest issue of Entertainment Weekly about the Fall TV Preview lists Arrow as one of the five new shows to keep an eye on. The critical darling of the fall if I've ever seen one.

Last time I saw any show get this much praise before it premiered was, well, Smallville.
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 09-08-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

So far looking at the show its very much a different to the emerald archer dark and gritter. I like that alot. Using inspiration from the way Nolan did in his Batman films. This is Arrow is more unique than the one in smallville because you get to see more of the psychological effects that Oliver Queen goes through and also see a complete change by creating 3 different identities very similar to Bruce Wayne. This show definitely has potential and I hope it does well.

Comment

you know which way to VOTE

Comment

Yay! "Arrow" won the "Favourite New Show" in TV Guide's Fan Favourite Awards:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=634467323234733

I hope the link is OK-if not, please delete!

Comment

E had a poll about which show people would watch at 8/7 c on Wednesday this fall.

Arrow won and it wasnt even close! With 44.07% of the vote it ran over the 2nd place show Survivor which had 18.64% of the vote. Reminds me of when it was one of E's biggest new shows to watch in fall 2012. Even more proof that this may be the biggest season for the show so far. Ty to everyone for voting for Arrow. Cant wait for the season premiere!

Comment

Review of the Complete First Season on Blu-Ray

Great review, Craig! It made me run to amazon.com and order the DVD right away!

This comment especially caught my eye:

There are deleted scenes between Laurel and Quentin and Oliver that make us understand her character a lot better; we also get to see why Laurel returns to CNRI in the finale after Oliver told her not to. We even see the acknowledgment of why Joanna was suddenly back in town.
              I don't think Laurel is perfect, but I do like her, and I feel that she is probably the most misunderstood character on "Arrow". Therefore it makes me kind of sad that those scenes or pieces of backstory that would have made her actions more understandable to the viewers were not included in the actual episodes. Of course, the same applies to all characters, but anyway...I think her character would have benefitted greatly if we had learned why in the world she went to the Glades when Oliver told her specifically NOT to go there. I mean, she did catch quite a lot of flak from some parts of fandom after the final episode, and some of that criticism could have been avoided if we had learned more about her motives. Now we just saw the CNRI folks running around like fools trying to save some FILES, and that didn't reflect very well on Laurel, especially since she indirectly caused Tommy's death. Of course, it was ultimately the writers who "killed" Tommy, but you understand what I mean.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the ninth of October when my copy will arrive at these shores-then I can watch season one and two back to back!

I hope I posted this in the right place.
              Last edited by evaba; 09-12-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

It is a good review. I have to wait a couple of days before it arrives at my house. I chose Free shipping but the one I chose it was 6-10 day shipping so it will arrive between the 23rd and the 27th of September.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                  It is a good review. I have to wait a couple of days before it arrives at my house. I chose Free shipping but the one I chose it was 6-10 day shipping so it will arrive between the 23rd and the 27th of September.
                  I got so impatient that I decided to splurge and changed the postal delivery to "Global Priority Shipping", which means that I will have the DVD sometime between September 17 and September 23. Can't wait to watch all the extras!

Comment

Man, I really hope this show gets as much recognition as it deserves. For me, personally, it's a shame that a show like Agents Of Shield gets 6-7 million people watching it per episode, and Arrow seems to be stuck with the 2-sometimes 3 millions, even though, in my honest to God opinion, Arrow's beginning was miles above A.O.S's beginning. I'm hoping that it eventually attracts more attention thanks to the power of Netflix like Breaking Bad did. Then again...I also hope it resumes its top notch quality like BB did as well.

Comment

hello and welcome arrow friends

Comment

[IMG]www.flickr.com/photos/_adamdoyle/13218128144/[/IMG]
                        Hey guys i made some Arrow Fan Art, be cool if you could check it out

Last edited by AdamDoyle; 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Arrow series is ok i just like it little bit, but not better than smallville, i like Stephen Amell, he played nice role and looked so handsome when he wears an outwear in the movie which got most famous among those who love him and fans of him, i am also his fan and searched his outwear at online so i found at FilmStarJackets and i look like him and stylish...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Stephen_Amell_Arrow_Oliver_Queen_Jacket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	6628431

Comment

hi
                            maybe it's not about this topic
                            but i really need help

I'm searching for the music that plays in the time's in the arrow when ra's al ghul talking or in the Nanda Parbat

I want that music so Bad pls help me find it
                            thank you

Comment

The S3 soundtrack will be available with that music according to Amazon on October 30th. I'm sure GreenArrowTV will have the links.

Comment

I've been watching this guy's Youtube channel for a while (he can get hilariously upset over things) and now he's made a video about the direction Arrow's taken in the past seasons.

He's a Romanian in Romania, hence the accent.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎