Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If past years are any indication, we will know what shows are picked up at least, usually the Friday before Upfronts, at the very least. So, May 9 I think it is? We also usually know of at least some cancellations by then though some could always surprise us.

The schedule itself usually leaks out the night before, so while we're all watching the Arrow finale, with our luck that's when it'll drop. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by KSiteTV
      Hey, I think Deadline links/mentions are fine but I think enough with TVWise because it really feels like their predictions are pulled from out of the butt.
      To be honest I feel the same way.

Also, really excited to see Flash, iZombie and Messengers all in contention.
      I'm actually okay if they pick up all 6 pilots (only cuz we might need another soapy dramedy to pair with HOD) and I think it should be prettty fun to have shorter seasons whereby stories wouldn't be cut short and perhaps have the whole season's script plotted out first to maintain consistency, thus raising the quality of all the drama.
      This year alone we have 8 full seasons, 3 a little more than half season and 1 quarter season, thus adding up to 10 full seasons.

My Predictions as of now;
      1. Arrow
      2. Supernatural
      3. The Vampire Diaries
      4. The Originals
      5. Reign
      6. Flash
      7. The Messenger
      8. Identity/Jane The Virgin

9. HOD (half season)
      10. The 100 (half season)
      11. iZombie (half season)
      12. Jane the Virgin/Supernatural Bloodlines (half season)

The biggest surprise would be if they canned any one of these for a BATB renewal.

Comment

• Since iZombie is a DC property, what are the chances of it being set in the Arrow/Flash universe?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmster
          Since iZombie is a DC property, what are the chances of it being set in the Arrow/Flash universe?
          It is always a possibility but it is unlikely since the source material doesn't exist within the DC Universe and it is published by Vertigo. Also the reason it is possible for Flash and Arrow to exist in the same universe is they have the same production staff and Barry Allen premiered on Arrow.

Comment

Since iZombie is a DC property, what are the chances of it being set in the Arrow/Flash universe?
            Originally posted by Halberdier17
            It is always a possibility but it is unlikely since the source material doesn't exist within the DC Universe and it is published by Vertigo. Also the reason it is possible for Flash and Arrow to exist in the same universe is they have the same production staff and Barry Allen premiered on Arrow.
            Agreed. Although the larger hindrance would be the rights issue. Cos iZombie is creator owned which means it isn't fully owned by WB, WB only owns the right to produce it on TV/Movie. So having iZombie set in the same world could have tons of copyrights issue. Hellblazer for instance would be a different thing cos ultimately Hellblazer is owned by DC.

Comment

• I also like the idea of shorter seasons with some renewals. My prospective CW schedule would include Star-Crossed and Tomorrow People somewhere, but for shorter seasons. I don't know if that's actually possible but still.

iZombie the TV show is not really based on the comic.... just in name only. I'm really starting to think that they just licensed the comic so that they don't sue because both projects have a zombie lead. None of the characters are the same and the story isn't the same either. In any event, yes, it's right, it's creator owned, so it'd be really murky to do crossovers.

I wish NBC's Constantine could be in the Arrow/Flash universe but because of the different networks I doubt it.

Comment

• Just wanted to check, which of the pilots do you think is the breakout hit this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qcore
                  Just wanted to check, which of the pilots do you think is the breakout hit this season.
                  For The CW, or in general?

I think whatever hits the best will be a total surprise to all of us. But my money's on Gotham especially really impressing. For The CW? Flash, obviously, but I'm biased.

Comment

For The CW, or in general?

I think whatever hits the best will be a total surprise to all of us. But my money's on Gotham especially really impressing. For The CW? Flash, obviously, but I'm biased.
                    Both actually. I think I'm really set on all the DC comics adaptations. But outside of it, what do think have the biggest potential?
                    TBH, I thought how i met your dad, kevin williamson thriller and mysteries of laura sound like they'll be total unexpected hits. Perhaps HIMYD won't be so unexpected, but this is my prediction for all.
                    On CW, I think I suspect The Messengers could really give us a breakout. I would've had more faith with Jane the Virgin if they were produced by Rectify producers. But too bad Urman is producing it, Reign wasn't ruined by Jennie Snyder Urman since she only jumped in midway.

Comment

• Jane The Virgin was a surprisingly fun read. If it's picked up and it does well, then that is definitely a surprise. Also consider the Latin market is not really heavily courted by the big networks - and Telemundo etc. do really well, and could end up flocking to it if it's any good.

The Messengers has so little buzz but a VERY attractive cast. If it gets picked up it, too, could definitely be surprising. Plus I think it, like Jane, comes from CBS so it could improve chances.

Comment

Jane The Virgin was a surprisingly fun read. If it's picked up and it does well, then that is definitely a surprise. Also consider the Latin market is not really heavily courted by the big networks - and Telemundo etc. do really well, and could end up flocking to it if it's any good.

The Messengers has so little buzz but a VERY attractive cast. If it gets picked up it, too, could definitely be surprising. Plus I think it, like Jane, comes from CBS so it could improve chances.
                        We talking about hot jesus here? haha

Comment

• Last year, CW announced a series pickup for The Originals the day after the backdoor pilot aired. Maybe we'll get lucky this year and hear something about Bloodlines tomorrow.

Comment

Last year, CW announced a series pickup for The Originals the day after the backdoor pilot aired. Maybe we'll get lucky this year and hear something about Bloodlines tomorrow.
                            Bloodlines isn't on until next week though

It feels like Bloodlines is a lot less of a sure thing than Originals was, so maybe they might not be so fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qcore
                              We talking about hot jesus here? haha
                              Of course.

Comment

Bloodlines isn't on until next week though

It feels like Bloodlines is a lot less of a sure thing than Originals was, so maybe they might not be so fast.
                                Oh right, I got confused because there's a new episode tonight and the pictures from Bloodlines were released today.

Anyway, are you planning on doing fantasy schedules by network like last year, Craig?
                                Last edited by gmster; 04-22-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎