Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish The CW could pick up Beverly Hills Cop, but I know they can't afford it, plus it's not totally CBS or Warner Bros., it's like CBS and Sony. One thing WB and UPN had more of was diversity (especially UPN). Currently, out of five nights, The CW has only two shows with leads who aren't white (Maggie Q in Nikita and Kristin Kreuk in BATB) and in Kristin's case she's half. Oh, and Top Model, but I don't even know why that's still a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSiteTV
      I wish The CW could pick up Beverly Hills Cop, but I know they can't afford it, plus it's not totally CBS or Warner Bros., it's like CBS and Sony.
      If in some parallel world they pick it up, I bet they'll bring Warner Bros. on board to co-produce. I remember Ringer was originally CBS Studios and ABC Studios. When CW picked it up, ABC dropped out citing that they couldn't produce a show for the economics of The CW (even though they made Reaper...) and Warner Bros. took over as co-producer.

In this case, Sony would probably stick with it. That studio loves making syndication money so much, it's made them expert license fee negotiators at keeping their shows on the air. Whoever thought Rules of Engagement would last that long? A three way production between CBS, Sony and WBTV would probably make the show more affordable for The CW.

But, I don't see how they'll make room for it. I don't know why CBS passed on it, that was pretty bonehead. USA will probably pick it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmster
        If in some parallel world they pick it up, I bet they'll bring Warner Bros. on board to co-produce. I remember Ringer was originally CBS Studios and ABC Studios. When CW picked it up, ABC dropped out citing that they couldn't produce a show for the economics of The CW (even though they made Reaper...) and Warner Bros. took over as co-producer.

In this case, Sony would probably stick with it. That studio loves making syndication money so much, it's made them expert license fee negotiators at keeping their shows on the air. Whoever thought Rules of Engagement would last that long? A three way production between CBS, Sony and WBTV would probably make the show more affordable for The CW.

But, I don't see how they'll make room for it. I don't know why CBS passed on it, that was pretty bonehead. USA will probably pick it up.
        I think on USA, it would be "more of the same"... whereas on The CW, it could probably really stand out.

Comment

• Yeah I hear that Craig. I'd love if we got a good shock where Beverly was snatched by CW and used to relaunch and reenergize Tuesdays. Launch it with a two hr pilot on The CW and let the fans rejoice.

Comment

• Far as I can tell, Supernatural repeats will air throughout the summer on Fridays at 9/8c. I really hope they aren't planning to move it back there.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmster
              Far as I can tell, Supernatural repeats will air throughout the summer on Fridays at 9/8c. I really hope they aren't planning to move it back there.
              U and me both. It was bad enough the first time. I don't think Mark Pedowitz would do that though. From what I've heard he is a MAJOR fan of the series and moved it off Fridays to stop any ratings hemorrhaging.

They showed last week's ep of Supernatural on Fri as well and the same thing will happen this wk. I think its just to plug a hole in the schedule. When Cult was removed they said random shows would play in its place. Beauty & The Beast was the first show. So I think Supernatural is the next show in line to plug the hole. I'm kinda glad they're repeating Supernatural because sometimes I miss moments and CW app doesn't have all the eps there yet.

I'm really hoping WGN will reair eps of shows like Arrow and Vampire this coming season again. That was fun! Maybe if stuff like The Tomorrow People catches on enough they'll do it for that show too.
              Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                U and me both. It was bad enough the first time. I don't think Mark Pedowitz would do that though. From what I've heard he is a MAJOR fan of the series and moved it off Fridays to stop any ratings hemorrhaging.
                I can see the business decision in moving it back, though. Supernatural fans are the most devoted bunch I've ever seen. If they want to plug the Friday ratings hole, it's probably the only show that can do that. Supernatural consistently performed better than Nikita on that night last season. In all likelihood, the show is going to end with Season 10.

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                I'm really hoping WGN will reair eps of shows like Arrow and Vampire this coming season again. That was fun! Maybe if stuff like The Tomorrow People catches on enough they'll do it for that show too.
                To my knowledge, WGN America isn't very well watched. I'd rather those shows have proper syndication runs on more proficient channels. I can see TVD landing on ABC Family, and Arrow on TNT.

Comment

• Yeah I think Arrow would fit right in at TNT. I'm kinda hoping they won't put it on at 3am though. Seriously though hope wherever it lands that it gets a good timeslot.

10 sounds like a good run for Supernatural. Just hope they leave it open for a movie. The creator has always said he'd love to do a movie because they wouldn't have to worry about network censors and would have a bigger budget.

Don't know about Vampire on ABC Family though. They said Smallville was too adult with season 5. I could see them saying it about TVD as well unfortunately. I think the series reruns would be better on TNT as well.

I still kinda hope they do reair shows on WGN though. I got to see eps I liked and missed that weren't on the CW app. I mean rerun eps that aired the same season if I was confusing before. Sorry gmster hope I didn't confuse u. I meant just show eps from the same season during the hiatus. I definitely would then get those shows great syndication deals later on though.

Had another thought. Cops was just canceled by Fox. Spike is picking it up for this fall but if I was in charge of CW I wouldve jumped at the chance to bring it there. Its a major beloved hit that makes good ratings and I think it would help CW to have an established hit like that. Plus they could use that on a Thursday or maybe even to do mini marathons on Sunday nights.

For all we know there were talks to bring it to CW but an agreement couldn't be made. Still wouldve been cool to see it on there. Reality show and its cheap to make too if I remember correctly. Couldnt see it being edited much more than on Fox so it wouldn't have changed that much.
                  Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Don't know about Vampire on ABC Family though. They said Smallville was too adult with season 5. I could see them saying it about TVD as well unfortunately. I think the series reruns would be better on TNT as well.
                    I'm pretty sure ABC Family has shifted away from that attitude. Pretty Little Liars and The Secret Life of the American Teenager has some pretty racy stuff for a supposed family channel. I mean come on, they even air That 70's Show. I guarantee you that they wouldn't have any problem with airing TVD. That show is a little too adolescent for TNT anyway.

Comment

• Hope so gmster. That's my main argument about abc family now, the fact they air Secret Life and PLL. They did air the first one when SV reruns were on the channel originally though. Made me mad how they always chopped and edited SV reruns like when Lionel opened one ep with the gun in his mouth. They took that part out so all he did was put thr gun down and answer the phone. Kinda confusing if u hadn't seen the ep before. U didn't know why he had it.

If ABC Family doesn't mind anymore then I wouldn't mind seeing them run reruns again along with TNT. Vampire could work on ABC Family though but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Teennick grabs it or mtv to pair reruns with Teen Wolf.

I mias when my local cw used to air SV reruns. Wish they could do that again.

Comment

• I see CW is showing Leap Year with Amy Adams and Matthew Goode...I wonder if they plan on showing movies throughout the summer? I also wonder if they are gonna be showing movies with actors from Man Of Steel until June 14th?

Comment

• Originally posted by KSiteTV
                          ....The CW has only two shows with leads who aren't white (Maggie Q in Nikita and Kristin Kreuk in BATB) and in Kristin's case she's half. Oh, and Top Model, but I don't even know why that's still a thing.
                          So is Maggie Q, so I guess between the two of them they make up one non-white. But really, that's beside the point. They are POC and CW could use more diversity/ethnicity in their shows. So far BATB rocks in that area.

Comment

• Caught when will Leap Year be airing?

Does anyone know if they may be airing a sneak peek for MOS tomorrow night during the Arrow and Supernatural season finales?
                            Last edited by Austin 3:16; 05-14-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Caught when will Leap Year be airing?

Does anyone know if they may be airing a sneak peek for MOS tomorrow night during the Arrow and Supernatural season finales?
                              They have no obligation to; it's possible, with the DC connection, but if they do, they haven't made a big deal out of it, like the time a Batman Begins thing ran with a Smallville finale that ran long.

Comment

• The CW is already planning ahead for midseason 2014: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...ous_in_12_.php

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎