Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Adventures in Babysitting?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The flame war in STV is quite annoying. Samgirls are thinking Sera is destroying the character of Sam and the Deangirls are wanting Dean in more serious situations.

What Sera is doing with Sam is totally fine by me, imo. The whole Halucifer spell isn't over, and Mark's going to return in "Repo Man", and Sera is in no way dumbing Sam down this season. If Dean didn't hunt the pair of vetalas, I'm sure he would've been poisoned as well if he went by John's "facts" of the creature. The ONLY bad writing was Sam letting it go too fast with Dean killing Amy. That could've been prolonged, but it also makes you think if what happened to that vampire chick is still inside Sam's head with a monster always going back to its roots. Who knows, but just one little thing doesn't kill a character, imo.
    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 01-10-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
      The daughter was like a mesh of Sam and Dean, with the attitude of Dean and wanting to go to school as her eyes lit up when Dean mentioned Sam, a hunter, went to college.

And I'm not surprised Dean even mentioned that he took down a pair of those vetalas since he never told anyone about his solo hunts before, or even about Lisa before.

I enjoyed the ending too. It was somber, but yet it felt like season one Dean when he smiled whenever music was playing and Sam was sitting beside him. It was obviously him putting on a face, but it kinda felt like a happy ending as well for an episode.

Well you gotta also think it like this...we, the viewers, immediately thought of coordinates because Bobby was looking at a map when he wrote it down, but to Sam and Dean, perhaps coordinates was the last thing they were thinking with only five numbers as maybe they thought Bobby wrote down all of the numbers on Sam's hand.

I think it's ideal that Frank is the one who brought up the coordinates as his computers could look up all the scenarios on what the digits could've been.
      I don't think the daughter was that much like Dean. She listened to her father, but she didn't have a sibling to protect, so the obedience wasn't the same. And she definitely didn't have the respect for adults that Dean had at her age. If another hunter who would be out to find John if/when he went missing & would have told Dean to do or not do something, Dean would have obeyed. She didn't. So that regard she was like Sam. The main people Dean gave attitude to were Sam & others his age at the schools he attended. Once he went off on his own, that's when he gave attitude to those older than him as well (like Ellen, Bobby, etc).

I agree with everything else though. I liked the ending, even though we know it's a facade. With Bobby dead, I wouldn't mind it if they killed off Frank and it's just the Winchesters alone again. It's weird without him, and I really don't care for any other character since Bobby was the closest the Winchesters had to family and as funny as Frank is at times, he can never replace Bobby.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎