Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Chuck vs. the Kept Man?"

What did you think of tonight's episode?
    10 - This episode will be kept in my heart
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Pretty good episode overall. Carrie Anne is getting more beautiful with age. I actually really like smart Jeff...kinda wish they would have gone this direction earlier. Episode blended well.

After the episode the network announced that there were only two episodes of Chuck left. That would bring the total to 11. Wasn't 13 ordered? Will those two episodes lead to a 2-hr series finale (for a total of 13)?

With so little episodes left...I'm not sure Chuck will ever get the intersect back. Should he? Wouldn't life be much easier without it, moving on w/ Sarah and having kids an all?

Comment

This episode was only okay for me. I can't put my finger on exactly what missed with me, but it did. The Casey relationship just made me feel uncomfortable and the whole Sarah/Chuck pregnancy plot just didn't do it for me either. I mean, it was fine. I just didn't love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melekith
        After the episode the network announced that there were only two episodes of Chuck left. That would bring the total to 11. Wasn't 13 ordered? Will those two episodes lead to a 2-hr series finale (for a total of 13)?

With so little episodes left...I'm not sure Chuck will ever get the intersect back. Should he? Wouldn't life be much easier without it, moving on w/ Sarah and having kids an all?
        There will be single episodes on each of the next two Friday nights (Jan. 13 & 20) and then the very final 2 hours of Chuck will air successively on Jan 27.

As for Chuck getting the Intersect back; although I don't think Chuck is Chuck when Chuck is without the Intersect, it'd be pretty much pointless to have him get it back for 3 episodes when we all know that it'll be removed (and probly ultimately scrapped) at the very end, so him and Sarah can have their 'white house/red door-picket fence-2.5 kids' happy ending.

closetclana
        This episode was only okay for me. I can't put my finger on exactly what missed with me, but it did. The Casey relationship just made me feel uncomfortable and the whole Sarah/Chuck pregnancy plot just didn't do it for me either. I mean, it was fine. I just didn't love it.
        As a standalone episode, the comedic charm of the Chuck I remember was there, and enjoyable for the most part. But as an episode that was going to work within the seasonal and/or overall myth-arc, it fell woefully short (IMO).

The Charah pregnancy scare was so telegraphed, its laughable. No way they make Sarah pregnant with still 4 eps left. That will come in the ending minutes of the series. Fine with Casey having a LI, he deserves it.

I will have to disagree with Melekith above though. I do not like the idea that now that Jeff is drink and drug free, he is now some super genius. For one thing, all those brain cells that were killed in those drink/drug-addled years are now somehow miraculously reborn?! And the other things, he's now portrayed almost smarter than Chuck ever has been, at any point in this series. Its one thing to put together the whole spies deal, but where in the living Hell did he come up with the Intersect too!?! Sorry, but its just too much to believe or fall in line with, even for Chuck.
        Last edited by SVfan26; 01-07-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I gave this episode a 6. It started out fairly strong but then sort of petered out near the end.

I liked Chuck (buzzed on caffeine) thinking "spies who care" (which is pretty much Chuck's personal tagline, I think) as their new manifesto. And SVfan26, I agree that the Sarah pregnancy scare was so blatant (enough to make me wonder if it was written that way intentionally).

Gert using the team's 'mission' as paid vacation was clever of her (and very in character. Have to admit, I'm loving Gert--can't call her Gertrude, just rubs me wrong--very much).

I would have paid money to see Casey in that swimsuit!

Jeff figuring it out (how others haven't, seeing as how Chuck and the rest talk about spy stuff at the Buy More all. the. time. is beyond me), even down to the flowchart (anyone else notice both "Intersect" and "Bryce Larkin" were on that board? I have to admit, I squeed a little!) was interesting. Though I, too, don't buy that Jeff is suddenly this super smart dude but he is obviously more observant now.

Morgan giving them Awesome (oh look, another chance for Devon to play spy), Sarah not being pregnant (I was relieved, personally) and then Lester in drag. Let me say that again. Lester in drag. I have too many feelings about that, both good and bad, to articulate them.

Casey saving Gert and telling her about his feelings was nice but when's Casey going to tell Gert about Alex? I was leased that he told Alex about his 'lady friend' though. That was nice.

And Jeffster finding Castle! That was a surprise. It will be interesting to see where they go from there.

Also, one lovely note--when Sarah was looking at names did anyone else notice one of the names (and I note they were all boys' names and all started with "L") was "Levi"? Nice touch. (Zachary being a little too meta, I guess?) Though I'm surprised Chuck wouldn't want to name his child Stephen after his father?

So yeah, started out strong then kinda faded. And I still want Chuck to get the intersect back. When he popped up from his crouch when they were captured with Gert I remember thinking "too bad you don't have the Intersect, you could wipe the floor with these guys single-handedly".

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎