X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
    Pergatory is where I believe Bobby will go
    Bobby isn't a monster.

Comment

I have to admit I thought this episode started off slowly. Well, not literally as we started with the boys panicking over Bobby but once we started the flashbacks/dreamworld stuff I was, I'm going to be honest, a bit bored. I knew that Bobby would have to relive moments/memories. From the spoilers I knew we'd see wee!Bobby and his parents so I figured that would feature prominently.

And Karen, of course. Rufus I also knew we'd see from spoilers but he was very welcome. Love Rufus (and I loved that they managed, once again, to work in the Jewish references).

Dean and Sam's argument over Chuck Norris vs. Jet Li was cute. I sat there thinking "But Papa Winchester beats them both!", at least according to the Internet.

When Rufus was talking about Bobby's worst memory I found myself wondering what Sam and Dean's would be if they were in that situation? (Sam's would likely be his time in the cage with Lucifer but would Dean's be Hell? Or would it be when Sam died? Or Cas?)

The reveal that Bobby and Karen fought and then 3 days later she was possessed was a nice touch.

I loved the new wee!Dean and that whole 'fatherly' moment with Bobby. Very cute (but I did wonder where Sam was? Surely Dean wouldn't leave his brother alone but in my head!canon Sam was at the library which Dean would want to escape).

Dean punching the glass about the organ donation and getting so angry. Then his talk with Dick and with Sam (anyone else thinking 'too bad they can't just pray to Cas?' I'm surprised they didn't do a line about something like that). But the best moment was Sam touching his hand to stay in the world. I liked both that it showed that even in all this Sam was still dealing with his own problems and it could also mean that he was hoping Bobby's shooting was all just a bad hallucination. Very clever on both levels.

Bobby's phone conversation to John (nice touch with the old style cordless!) and the showdown with the Reaper (anyone else think he looked a little like Chuck?).

Bobby's talk about adopting two boys and then the shooting of his father...this was when this episode turned very powerful.

All right, when Bobby woke up, wrote down the numbers (like others, I'm thinking they are coordinates--which is a nice harken back to Papa W. and his use of coordinates to the boys) and get out one last "idjits", I honestly thought he was out of the woods. I assumed that he might have lost part of his memory or something else as a consequence but that he was now fine.

Then we're back in the 'dreamworld' and his good memory (it's of just hanging out with the boys, while they banter? Interesting). Listening to the funny banter between the boys about snacks (and lo and behold, Sam's eating!!!) made a nice counter point to Bobby's acceptance.

And ending on the tick so we don't know what happened. That was evil of Sera, especially for the fall finale.

So yeah, I thought it seemed like it was going to be very cookie cutter for the first half but then it picked up and got deep and moving. I do wish we'd seen the "Omaha" incident (the one that drove the wedge between Rufus and Bobby?). I thought we might get that since it seems to be one of Bobby's worst memories. Guess not.

And this makes me wonder...if Bobby has died or does die, and goes to Heaven, doesn't that mean that his Heaven will basically be the good parts of what we saw (like the good times with Karen and hanging out with Sam and Dean)?

I gave it a 7. Would have been higher but as I said I thought the first half moved a little slow.

Comment

Some nice tidbits I found out...

the boy who played Young!Dean was the same actor who played Young!Dean in "Swan Song". Makes sense, the original Young!Dean who was in "Something Wicked" and "A Very Supernatural Christmas" is like 18 or something now. The part I don't get, is what Welling_is_pretty mentioned...where was Sam? If it was '89, Sam would be only like 6...unless Bobby had someone watching him, but he's a hella too young to have been by himself. Especially after the events that was told in "Something Wicked", you'd think Dean wouldn't have wanted to leave Sam alone.

and the woman who played Karen was the same actress from "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid".

and those numbers? Yep, coordinates. On the map from "How To Win Friends and Influence Monsters", two red dots are covering Wisconsin and Ohio, and the numbers that Bobby wrote down are 454895, which could very well be 45.4 and -89.5, which directs us to a Beaver Lake in Lincoln County...in Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          where was Sam? If it was '89, Sam would be only like 6...unless Bobby had someone watching him, but he's a hella too young to have been by himself. Especially after the events that was told in "Something Wicked", you'd think Dean wouldn't have wanted to leave Sam alone
          Exactly. I had thought they'd left him at the library but at 6? Too young for that. The only other thing is that they left him at Bobby's (possibly still sleeping/napping?) but yeah, I can't see Dean leaving Sam out of his sight for long, unprotected. Course, he might feel Sam was safe at Bobby's...It was just weird. I know they probably didn't want to recast Sam (Colin's too grown up to play that young now) but they could have thrown in a line explaining.

Comment

This may have been the best episode of the season. 10!

Comment

This was one of the better episodes this season to me although I'm not happy with Bobby's death - hopefully he's not really gone. I'm not entirely thrilled with this season overall and kinda feel like the show lost a little mojo with this arc......

Comment

This definitely was one of the best episodes I've seen on SPN. It was very sad and a lot of Bobby-centric, but oh so good. I can't believe that I stopped watching this fantastic show. I really loved those memories of Bobby, getting more insight into the guy. And he definitely was the father of Sam/Dean.

10/10.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎