No announcement yet.

Transformers 4 & 5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WickedJenn
    Sorry but, they REALLY need to stop with these, they just get worse and worse as they go. It's hurting me in the childhood, man.
    I have to disagree. I think that they're all about the same and I have enjoyed each one of them. I never watched the cartoons back in the day and never really cared for the franchise until the movies came out. Great popcorn movies. Michael Bay can make these for as long as he likes as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Transformers was my absolute favorite cartoon as a kid, I watched it religiously. See, the first one I thoroughly enjoyed. To see them come to life on the big screen was great, especially when they kept Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime. He was my favorite next to Bumblebee. So I guess for me having grown up with it, I felt the series should be respected.

IMO, though, as the film series went on, it seemed to have lost the magic, with things like Megan Fox doing nothing but running around in slow mo and Transformer "balls", I mean really? I was not holding them to high standards but still, they set the bar pretty low. With Mark Wahlberg coming on I thought maybe it would revitalize it, but for me even that one fell flat. I'll wait for the Amazon release of the 5th one.

Comment

• Comment

• I feel this series get more and more ridiculous. Truth be told I have only seen the first one in full, but seen parts of the other ones on TV. The dialogue is atrocious in my opinion, worse than the sometimes cheesy writing of the cartoon, which I loved as a kid. I agree with Jenn, I think it should be respected, at least somewhat. People are free to disagree.

Comment

• Also, I don't like Michael Bay movies, so maybe I'm biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vergon6
              Also, I don't like Michael Bay movies, so maybe I'm biased.
              Michael Bay is at his best when he does his own original films. These Transformers movies are ridiculous but, the international markets are eating these things up. Bay is making the studio millions so, the bottom line is that money talks.

I've never liked the Transformers movies except for the first. It was hard for me to follow the action because of the way they were shot. It all looked like jumbled messes of robotic body parts and it got worse with each movie. Not to mention Bay loves to hire some actors that really couldn't act to save their lives (*cough* Megan Fox).

And we get caught in the promotional material; whoever they hire to cut these trailers is fantastic cause they reel people in, only to be disappointed with the actual product.

I also hated what he did with TMNT (my childhood favorite) but, he was the one hired and thus we got those two terrible films.

These movies could be great if Bay was not attached to them (director, producer or any other capacity). It's the only hope we got to get a decent version of our childhood favorites.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-11-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                Michael Bay is at his best when he does his own original films. These Transformers movies are ridiculous but, the international markets are eating these things up. Bay is making the studio millions so, the bottom line is that money talks.

I've never liked the Transformers movies except for the first. It was hard for me to follow the action because of the way they were shot. It all looked like jumbled messes of robotic body parts and it got worse with each movie. Not to mention Bay loves to hire some actors that really couldn't act to save their lives (*cough* Megan Fox).

And we get caught in the promotional material; whoever they hire to cut these trailers is fantastic cause they reel people in, only to be disappointed with the actual product.

I also hated what he did with TMNT (my childhood favorite) but, he was the one hired and thus we got those two terrible films.

These movies could be great if Bay was not attached to them (director, producer or any other capacity). It's the only hope we got to get a decent version of our childhood favorites.
                I hear ya. Still don't like Pearl Harbor aka Armageddon in 1941 .

lol yeah. I didn't even bother with TMNT. GI Joe was even ruined without Michael Bay. When I saw the trailer doe the new Transformers before Star Wars Rogue One, I called out something like 'Stop ruining our childhood Michael Bay" or "Michael Bay, ruining our childhood one movie at a time." I have said both those things but don't remember what I said in that context.

Comment

• I really don't see the point in having the last knight be the final chapter because they would need to have hot rod for at least one movie before he becomes Rodimus Prime. But ya know, 🎵He's got the touch! He's got the power! "Transformer The last knight"🎵

Comment

• They definitely left the door open for a 6th movie. Not revealing any spoilers, but they left a number of loose ends.

The Last Knight imo was the worst of the franchise and proof that Bay should have handed the reins over to someone else after Dark of the Moon. I'm dumbfounded by the fact that Anthony Hopkins agreed to do this movie...

Comment

• I saw it and thought it was equivalent to the other ones. The first one is still the best one, but this one was just fine to me. I'd give a B.

Comment

• I saw it and... I'm not even really sure what to say. When a movie is bad, it's usually something that makes you roll your eyes or cringe. Maybe it's a soap opera that's so melodramatic and poorly acted that you just can't stand it anymore and have to change the channel. That's not what this is, not most of it, anyway. This felt more like a parody. But I don't think it was meant to be that. And yet, on that level, as insanely bizarre as it sounds, I kind of liked it. It's practically informative.

I think Michael Bay may have backdoored his way into the most nonchalant yet pitch-perfect parody of a Michael Bay movie that could ever be made. And I'm sort of stunned about it. Because it feels better than "so bad, it's good". It feels smarter than that. And yet, I know it's not. I know Michael Bay didn't intend on making the movie I think this is. So, I'm torn.

This was one of the strangest movie-going experiences I've ever had.

Comment

• The one thing that I did notice in which this one differs from the other four movies in the series......and you can put your stopwatch to it. Never did five minutes go by without one of the characters (including children and/or cute, cuddly little robots) uttering the word "S4!T" in some form or another. At least two characters (including Anthony Hopkins) showed off their middle fingers to a Decepticon. I was under the impression that this series of movies was basically geared towards children or teenagers. Obviously, the caliber of writing has gone down hill when we cannot even write anything better than expletives as dialogue.

Comment

• The Transformers spinoff Bumblebee movie has a release date of December 21st, 2018 up against the Aquaman movie.

http://batman-news.com/2017/07/31/aq...ember-21-2018/

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎