This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exedore
    http://ca.eonline.com/news/watch_wit...rss_topstories

Man, it would be a huge twist if Rumple turns out to be a good guy somehow.
    I don't think he it is that simple as being a good guy or a bad guy. I think he is a little insane, and obsessed with his "deals", and most of the time he will be a villain, because he is only interested in himself. I wouldn't be surprised either if it's revealed that he was a good guy once, and that something happened that made him want control over everything and everyone.

Comment

Choices we make seem to be a big theme of the show and Rumple never forced anything upon these characters that they didn't already wanted to do.
      EQ, Cinderella, Jiminy, etc. all asked for his help because they wanted magic (the easy way out) and Rumple even warns many of them that magic comes with a price but they still choice magic. So he's more of a trickster than a simple bad guy.

Comment

He also likes to take babies away from people. Not to mention he killed Cinderalla's Fairy Godmother.

Originally posted by liana
        I don't think he it is that simple as being a good guy or a bad guy. I think he is a little insane, and obsessed with his "deals", and most of the time he will be a villain, because he is only interested in himself. I wouldn't be surprised either if it's revealed that he was a good guy once, and that something happened that made him want control over everything and everyone.
        I understand what you're talking about but Rumple is so deliciously evil that I feel his character will be ruined by giving him any redeeming qualities. Some bad guys work well in shades of gray (and Regina I think is a better candidate for that) but Rumple is one of those characters who is awesome as 100% pure evil.

Comment

From Ask Auseillo

Question: I was wondering if there was anything you could spoil about my new favorite show,Once Upon a Time? —Wendy
          Ausiello: I flunked Fairytale 101 at USC, so do me a solid and help me decipher this new casting breakdown: The show is looking for an actress in her 30s to early 40s to play a sweet, quirky, charming and clumsy fairy named Nova.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/ask-au...le-liars-glee/

Comment

The name isn't ringing any bells but the description makes me think of Merryweather, the blue fairy from Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

Comment

Fans of ABC’s fantastical freshman series geeked out more than a little when Emma Caulfield was cast as the Blind Witch from Hansel and Gretel lore. And the show’s bosses share that enthusiasm. “We’ve been huge fans of hers since Buffy, so we’re very excited to have her on the show,” Adam Horowitz told me. Added Edward Kitsis: “We couldn’t think of anyone better to trap two children in a house and try to eat them” than the portrayer of a onetime vengeance demon. Though the EPs were hesitant to share much more about Caufield’s Episode 9 storyline, I’m hearing it will be revealed that the Blind Witch has a none-too-friendly past with the Evil Queen – something having to do with an item that one of the villainesses stole from the other.
              http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/matts-...e-gossip-girl/

Comment

^^^ I feel like they are going through all the big fairytales way too fast. At this rate, who are they going to feature next year? The Princess and the Pea? The three little pigs? Goldilocks?
                Last edited by SteelyGal; 12-01-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

^^I wouldn't worry if they have enough materiel.
                  Charvi5: Anything on Once Upon a Time please!!
                  There will be fairy tales that branch out of the central European folklore: "I wouldn't be surprised to see fairy tales from other traditions coming in as well," consulting producer Jane Espenson teases. "So keep your eye out for some stuff that's maybe not quite so Swiss looking." In addition to Hansel and Gretel, this certainly opens the doors for Greek mythology, Middle Eastern folktales, perhaps enough material for 50 seasons and two movies? We can only hope.

Tiffanydiane08: Any scoop at all on the Hot Hipster Sheriff (OUaT) would be very appreciated!
                  You're in luck because we actually chatted with the HHS himself Jamie Dornan about his upcoming episode. While he wouldn't reveal who he is in the fairy-tale world, he did say they originally had a different character in mind, "But that didn't end up happening because of rights." He wouldn't tell us who, but when he guessed Robin Hood he said, "You're probably right." Check back with us later in the week to hear more from TV's hottest Sheriff ever! And the answer to your question is yes, his accent is every bit as swoonworthy on the phone as it is on the show.

Stacey: Please give me some scoop on David and Mary Margaret on OUaT! They broke my heart last episode!
                  Darn David/Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) and Mary Margaret/Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and their off-the-charts chemistry! Remember those behind-the-scenes pictures of David and MM kissing? The kiss is definitely one-sided. Sigh, can't they just live happily ever after already?!

JeHong9: was the prince's death on once upon a time's latest episode the big death?
                  Nope. And here's a small tease: the upcoming death puts that one to shame. It's epic

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_wi...on_time/278639

Comment

Originally posted by Clois/is/hot
                    ^^I wouldn't worry if they have enough materiel.
                    I'm not worried that they will run out of fairy tales but I think they shouldn't use all the most well known and beloved ones the first season. I am not sure how many people know Princess Rosette or would be interested in her story being told.

Comment

I agree. They seem to be in a hurry to use up the big ones as fast as they can which is a bad idea IMO. They should spread them over several seasons.

Comment

They should spread them over several seasons.
                        But, right now they don't have several seasons. They have one. And, in order to get more seasons, you have to get people's attention and keep it. I think their strategy of using some well-known stories first and using some good [stunt] casting is a great way to do that.

Once you know you can stick around, you can do whatever, but multiple seasons are never a guarantee, especially, with ABC.

Comment

The central mythos concerns Snow White/Evil Queen and they don't need to cram all the big fairy tales/Disney movies into one season to do justice to it. It's not like you need Aladdin or Rapunzel or whatever to do a great season with the central plot as it is; so why not focus on that? They have quite a big cast already and they can do a lot with them. If they get more seasons, fine introduce more of the other well known stories. If not, no big loss, just as long as they do a good job with the Snow White/curse plot.
                          Last edited by Exedore; 12-07-2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

The central mythos concerns Snow White/Evil Queen and they don't need to cram all the big fairy tales/Disney movies into one season to do justice to it. It's not like you need Aladdin or Rapunzel or whatever to do a great season with the central plot as it is; so why not focus on that? They have quite a big cast already and they can do a lot with them. If they get more seasons, fine introduce more of the other well known stories. If not, no big loss, just as long as they do a good job with the Snow White/curse plot.
                            They had to make thing interesting enough to make sure there would be a second half of season 1!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                              They had to make thing interesting enough to make sure there would be a second half of season 1!!!!
                              Of course. All I'm saying is that they don't need to cram all of the big stories in S1 to do that.

Comment

New The Heart is a Lonely Hunter - Sneak Peeks
                                Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍