Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The End of the Affair?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes fans, news flash: Claire's mom (Sandra Bennet) is on The Secret Circle as Cassie's grandmother, and now HRG's on Vampire Diaries as Caroline's father. Both actors are getting typecast as the parents/caregivers of blond teen girls with super powers. And each time, the blond teen girl's name starts with a "C" (Claire/Cassie/Caroline/Coincidence/no wait forget that last one ). Such shameless typecasting, the likes of which none of us has ever seen... j/k

Originally posted by Saber
    Stephen has got some major baggage and skeletons in his closet or at least their names. He almost made Damon look reserved in his evil doings.
    I never read the books so I don’t know but I wonder if drinking all that rabbit juice made Stephen more docile or was it something in his personality essence that made him stop being such a fiend.
    I know eh, I can't remember what event in his life changed him...they might've covered it in season 1 and we've forgotten? Either way clearly Stefan was apparently even worse than Damon in his day, which is probably why Stefan has been so forgiving of Damon's evil ways (because he was even worse). Still, I dislike how they're handling Elena's character. Her reaction to the truth about Stefan is ultra-forgiving, that Stefan can do no wrong, oh poor Stefan he's just misunderstood. Sure he's murdered 2,000 people but that was just a phase, her love can change any man. Lol as a viewer I would be more forgiving of Stefan's past if he stopped killing the innocent -- but after he joined up with Klaus again, he's been murdering again. Killing others so as to protect people he personally cares about (like his precious Elena or Damon) isn't exactly heroic. (Is Stefan under Klaus' compulsion this whole time?)

Originally posted by MannaBanana
    Anywho, Klaus......My lord he is reminding me more and more of Callum Blues Zod each and every episode! Its getting ridiculous! What is with these psychopaths wanting a "Brother" It really makes you look less scary dude! And when he gave Stefan back his memories, Stefan was all moony eyed for Becca and Klaus was all moony eyed for Stefan "Look at me, remember me"
    Funny and true. "Look at me, remember me" LOL
    Last edited by Xanderman; 10-01-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

10 10 10

Season 3 is really kicking butt so far! 3 great episodes in a row? I don't even care that Bonnie is nowhere to be seen. Speaking of, why are ALL of the witches black? And a majority older women who like to flirt with the vamps? AND they love helping out the vampires?? You'd think they wouldn't want an army of hybrids walking around. o_0

@ Damon reading Stefan's diary:

I've blacked out days. I wake up in strangers blood. In places I don't recognize.
      With women I don't remember.

Damon: *gasp* I'm shocked! Stefan's not a virgin???

Elena: Eyes on the road, grandma.

Last edited by LuthorKent90; 10-02-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
        Thanks for refreshing my memory.
        No Problem

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
        Season 3 is really kicking butt so far! 3 great episodes in a row? I don't even care that Bonnie is nowhere to be seen. Speaking of, why are ALL of the witches black?
        I was going to say the same thing but I didnt want my words to be taken the wrong way! There was 1 white boy once, but he was murdered by Matt. But we also have to remember that even though we have seen a lot of different witches, most of them are from the same 2 families. I would bet Gloria is probably also related to Bonnie as well. So I guess it makes sense they are all the same race.....

Comment

In the books Bonnie is a red head, I haven't read them but most likely they are related to the druids in Ireland, and I'm pretty sure her family was from Salem as well. But... the woman accused of teaching the girls witchcraft in The Crucible (fictional story of salem witch trials) was of african descent. (Actualy from one of the islands, I think it was barbados.) The CW probably made them make Bonnie black, to make more diversity. I hope they bring in that meredith character and make her a red head to make up for changing bonnie. (Because I like red heads. :-P)

Comment

Very good ep and interesting. I liked the peek into Stefan, Klaus & Rebecca's(Sp?) history...I like Stefan with Rebecca actually...although it was said what he said to Elena. Glad Caroline is safe...but think her dad won't come around to accepting her as a vampire...he will still try to "fix" her or eventually kill her. Tyler and Caroline's mom really stepped up. Katherine seems up to being the minx as she always is.

Comment

I'm giving it a seven. I don't like that Stefan and Klaus used to be "brothers." And I definitely don't like that Stefan and Klaus' sister were sort-of-not-really an item. The scene where Klaus' sister chose Stefan over her own brother (who she's known for centuries longer) was just plain ridiculous, and a real cop-out way of explaining why Klaus stabbed her with the dagger. I expected something a little less cliché from this show.

Also...how the hell did Stefan suddenly remember everything just because Klaus asked him to? Don't you have to be turned into a vampire to remember something you were compelled to forget? And since Stefan's already a vampire...yeah.

And this has nothing to do with anything, but that wig Nina was wearing as Katherine looked really fake to me.
              Last edited by Arrow2010; 10-03-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow2010
                I'm giving it a seven. I don't like that Stefan and Klaus used to be "brothers." And I definitely don't like that Stefan and Klaus' sister were sort-of-not-really an item. The scene where Klaus' sister chose Stefan over her own brother (who she's known for centuries longer) was just plain ridiculous, and a real cop-out way of explaining why Klaus stabbed her with the dagger. I expected something a little less cliché from this show.

Also...how the hell did Stefan suddenly remember everything just because Klaus asked him to? Don't you have to be turned into a vampire to remember something you were compelled to forget? And since Stefan's already a vampire...yeah.

And this has nothing to do with anything, but that wig Nina was wearing as Katherine looked really fake to me.
                Well I got the feeling Rebecca didnt really want to be with Klaus in the first place. She said earlier that everyone in the family had to choose a side and if you didnt choose his side then he killed you, so she choose his side. So she was kind of forced into it. It was either "Give me attention or you get a dagger in your heart" Klaus is such a whiney man child. So once Rebecca found something truely worth choosing she choose it. It made perfect sense to me, although I hate how EVERYBODY chooses Stefan on this show, its getting redundant.

As for the Remembering, Klaus is an Original. He compelled Stefan to remember what he compelled him to originally forget. Its really quite simple.

And yea I agree, that wig was terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                  Well I got the feeling Rebecca didnt really want to be with Klaus in the first place.

I didn't get that feeling at all.

She said that everyone in the family was forced to choose a side. She chose to join Team Klaus. She didn't do it because he forced her to; she did it because she wanted to.

Granted...I don't think she was thrilled at the prospect of following him around for eternity. But I don't think those feelings stemmed from the fact that he forced her to join him.

She said earlier that everyone in the family had to choose a side and if you didnt choose his side then he killed you, so she choose his side.
                  I honestly don't remember her explaining it that way.

Klaus is such a whiney man child.
                  I hate that they're trying to turn him into a sympathetic villain. I don't want to feel sorry for him. I want to hate him. Is it really too much to ask for a villain who is just plain evil?

...although I hate how EVERYBODY chooses Stefan on this show, its getting redundant.
                  Eh. I don't really notice it. And besides...it's not like Damon is really missing out on anything special. I mean...let's be honest. I love Katherine and Elena to death, but neither of them are really a perfect fit for Damon in the first place. Katheriner is bat**** crazy, so she's not exactly a catch.Elena's...how did Katherine describe her? "Dull as dishwater."

What Damon needs is a woman who is as kind as Elena, but as fiesty as Katherine. Rose could have been that woman, but they killed her off before a true romance could develop.
                  As for the Remembering, Klaus is an Original. He compelled Stefan to remember what he compelled him to originally forget. Its really quite simple.
                  You know, that's what I thought happened, but it sounded stupid in my head, so I didn't say it out loud.

And yea I agree, that wig was terrible!

QFT.
                  Last edited by Arrow2010; 10-06-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I loved this episode. Flashbacks are always fun but this was the coolest flashback thus far. I really like the chic they got to play Rebecca. I saw her on Pretty Little Liars too. She's a good actress, and so pretty. She's totally got the chemistry with Stefan too. I am anxious to see her give Elena some valid competition. Maybe Elena will rethink her relationship & her loyalty to Stefan. I love good drama like that. And, I loved how theatrical this episode felt. The costumes and hair and makeup. Awesome ep! Keep 'em coming.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎