• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc renumbering confirmed!!!

COMPANY WIDE REBOOT.

NEW #1's:

NEW SUIT'S:

OMGWTFBBQZORRO!!!!

Big deal it's just gonna go back to the status qou in a year or so, just another stunt to boost sales that won't work in the long term.

Comment

This one might. It is to promote DC's move to digital. The company has to evolve and the characters with it. This is the biggest since Crisis On Infinite Earths and I personally can't wait for this all new DC Universe.

Comment

What do you do when your attempts to reboot without rebooting don't work with Infinite Crisis? You do Final Crisis.

What do you do when Final Crisis is a total failure and makes no sense to anyone?

You do this.

I call BS. Wonder Woman was basically rebooted in her own series and this seems to render that moot. Superman has been out "finding himself" in the Grounded storyline, and now they're changing his status quo. Batman has undergone a HUGE overhaul with the Batman Inc. storyline. What's going to happen there? Green Arrow was also basically just rebooted in his own series.

This is all just so so so redundant. How many times is a company going to openly admit to their own glaring deficiencies?

And while I do not think they're going back to the old numbers "in a year", as many have suggested, they're definitely going to go back to at least some of them eventually. Action Comics, in particular, is less than 9 years from issue #1000. I don't see them passing up that kind of milestone just for a gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham Knight
          Big deal it's just gonna go back to the status qou in a year or so, just another stunt to boost sales that won't work in the long term.
          If things are different, fans hate it and it doesn't work. If things are the same, it's boring and it doesn't work. They can't win.

I'm more interested in the jump to digital comics, that I can get behind

Comment

It's weird. I've been wanting this for years and now that it's actually happening... I don't know. I'm not interested.
            Originally posted by dru-zod2501
            I'm more interested in the jump to digital comics, that I can get behind
            You know, just to give my own opinion on this (perhaps someone will start a thread and I'll move my thoughts there), I'm embracing digital books or e-books or whatever, and for years I've read monthly comics on my computer because it's... cheaper. But my preferred method of reading is picking up the physical trades at the Barnes & Noble or on Amazon. Plus, if the industry moves to digital, I'm afraid that they may crack down on the other avenues that have made keeping up with comics "affordable." If skipping the printing process altogether and selling directly to consumers via a digital medium saves them a significant amount of dough, I'd really like to see individual comic book prices fall to at least under $2 (preferably go all the way down to $0.99, which is the target price for impulse buyers). Otherwise, they're still not going to get my money until the trades come out.
            Last edited by j03superbat; 05-31-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

I wonder what owners of comic book shops think about this.

Comment

I have a very strong opinion when it comes digital comics especially after the whole Playstation Network fiasco all it takes is one little hick up in the code and it's gone. Plus this is gonna run all of the little comic shops that I enjoy going too out of business which in turn hurts the economy. Also there is no better feeling than flipping through the pages of a new issue or trade.

Comment

Looking foward to this. Any news that touches on the whole DC universe is good news. Its about time Dc starts showing respect and some love to everyone else besides bats and supes.

cant wait to see what they do with Green arrow. They really need to fill in his backstory more, need to know what he did during his early life and especially his teen life and etc. They should do what they did for clark/superman. Also excited for Aquaman, BC, Flash, hawkman. maybe they can reinvest Aquaman and make him less lamer lol. I thought Brightest day was awesome.
                    Geoff Johns is just the man for the job, he will totally rock this.

but NOOOOO to the digital BS, just no. Nothing beats paper. Just like PCs cannot beat a tv screen when it comes to watching shows. This would be the death of comic books, sad sad world. This may actually bite Dc back, the reborn of piracy!!.
                    Last edited by MarvelXY; 06-01-2011, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarvelXY
                      but NOOOOO to the digital BS, just no. Nothing beats paper. Just like PCs cannot beat a tv screen when it comes to watching shows. This would be the death of comic books, sad sad world. This may actually bite Dc back, the reborn of piracy!!.
                      I'll have to disagree with you there. Piracy in comics is also already rampant.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
                        I'll have to disagree with you there. Piracy in comics is also already rampant.
                        TRUE, but not as much as it is going to be by digitalising everything. it will become so much easier with the ease of the internet. Much more easier for those who want to abuse the system.

Anyway the revamping & rebooting idea, it better be good, its making me excited and nervous at the same type. They better not mess to much with whats been established and rewriting everything, filling in the gaps is fine.

Comment

Morrison will be writing a new Superman title. Interesting.

Comment

I'm really curiosu to see how this whole "reboot" goes. My problem with DC is that everything has to be connected to that stupid 52 universe idea that they use to explain the continuous errors of the writers. I hope this gives DC the chance to get rid of the multiverse all together and just go a straight forward way of explaining things.

Also, I hope this also gets rid of that horrible Batman inc crap thats been going on too. Gosh i cant stand morrison!

Comment

Originally posted by MarvelXY
                              TRUE, but not as much as it is going to be by digitalising everything. it will become so much easier with the ease of the internet. Much more easier for those who want to abuse the system.
                              I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. The Internet is already here, and the people who want to abuse the system are already abusing the system. I imagine DC, and Marvel if they choose to get in on this, will have some form of anti-piracy methods in place. Even if they're foolproof, that won't stop the current pirates from scanning the pages like they've done for years.

In other words, the piracy is already there. It just is. The people who do it already have a method of delivering and recieving it. If anything, eliminating their current most popular method (scanning print versions) would temporarily cut down on piracy until they figure out how to pirate the digital versions.
                              Last edited by j03superbat; 06-01-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎