No announcement yet.

I don't think Cas is God.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Cas is God.

Ok, here is the deal. I think Cas is now "God-Like" and probably under the influence of all those purgatory souls he took in, but I don't think that actually makes him God. Yes, he is much much much more powerful but that doesn't make him god.

It is a pretty good setup though because I believe there are three things that happen from here.

1) Cas blows up taking out either parts of heaven, parts of earth, or who knows.

2) Cas succumbs to Dean and Sam's begging to be back to their friend and returns the souls.... after killing Crowley of course - since Crowly knows how to get to purgatory now.

3) The real god puts Cas in his place.

I think 2 or 3 are probably the most likely. However I'm leaning with 3 since Cas is now super full of himself and super duper cocky.

What do you guys think?

They have talked about the power of human souls so maybe that has some role to play. After all there has to be 10's of billions of human souls in heaven alone. Perhaps they somehow combine to defeat Castiel. They have said many time about how humans were gods greatest creation not angels.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewzpsu
      Ok, here is the deal. I think Cas is now "God-Like" and probably under the influence of all those purgatory souls he took in, but I don't think that actually makes him God. Yes, he is much much much more powerful but that doesn't make him god.

It is a pretty good setup though because I believe there are three things that happen from here.

1) Cas blows up taking out either parts of heaven, parts of earth, or who knows.

2) Cas succumbs to Dean and Sam's begging to be back to their friend and returns the souls.... after killing Crowley of course - since Crowly knows how to get to purgatory now.

3) The real god puts Cas in his place.

I think 2 or 3 are probably the most likely. However I'm leaning with 3 since Cas is now super full of himself and super duper cocky.

What do you guys think?

He maybe more powerful than any other angel in heaven but just because he calls himself a god doesnt make him one. If he was a God he would already know that this wont end well for him.

Comment

I think this is a given. God doesn't need souls to power him. Cas does. And even with all those souls, he's probably only a fraction as powerful as God given that God created all those souls & is still the all powerful God. Plus God doesn't have or need a human vessel like Cas has.

Comment

Cas is now the third most powerful being in creation. The real God left the building and Cas is just saying "I may as well take over because the Angels are doing a piss poor job at freedom. He IS the new God because God is not a name, it is a rank or species and Cas is the new God of Heaven and Christianity.

----- Added 57 Seconds later -----

I doubt Cas would need a beastly anymore X-ray, he's not an Angel anymore.
          Last edited by i_need_a_new_username; 05-23-2011, 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by i_need_a_new_username
            Cas is now the third most powerful being in creation. The real God left the building and Cas is just saying "I may as well take over because the Angels are doing a piss poor job at freedom. He IS the new God because God is not a name, it is a rank or species and Cas is the new God of Heaven and Christianity.

Castiel is only that powerful due to the souls within him. Take them away and he is nothing extraordinary. Plus if he was a God why was he surprised when Sam got up to stab him

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              I think this is a given. God doesn't need souls to power him. Cas does. And even with all those souls, he's probably only a fraction as powerful as God given that God created all those souls & is still the all powerful God. Plus God doesn't have or need a human vessel like Cas has.
              True. But since God is MIA at the moment, Cas feels he is the new God because he is the most powerful thing out there. For the moment, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by i_need_a_new_username

I think the vessel is what's holding the souls that's making him powerful. Without it, Cas would probably not be able to contain them & would all just scatter to make Cas a normal angel again.

Comment

the show has had pagan gods before and they refered to god as the judeo-christian god. maybe the stronger people worship you the stronger you are as Lucifer did say the pagan gods lost the earth to the angels

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎