No announcement yet.

Lex Ran for President TWICE??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lex Ran for President TWICE??

In "Salvation", during Clark's dream of the future, its 2013, and Lex Luthor has just announced running for the Presidency. And yet, in "Finale" we see that he won the elections of 2018, not 2014! So, did he run twice before getting elected, or was this yet another lack of cosistency by TPTB...?
    Last edited by Angela Of El; 05-20-2011, 07:23 AM.

Pretty sure he ran twice.

He probably didn’t win the first time for two reasons: (1) memory loss and (2) lack of experience, politically speaking.

Comment

Second term?

Comment

Originally posted by Angela Of El
        In "Salvation", during Clark's dream of the future, its 2013, and Lex Luthor has just announced running for the Presidency. And yet, in "Finale" we see that he won the elections of 2018, not 2014! So, did he run twice before getting elected, or was this yet another lack of incosistency by TPTB...?
        Well his dream might not be a picture of the future! I mean, in 2018 it seemed like Jimmy had just started at the DP. If he started in 2013, than he would be like 14 or 15, WAY to young to start at the #1 newspaper in the world. I think that Clark just had a dream of what the future could look like, doesn't necessarily mean it actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by CKisbeast99
          Well his dream might not be a picture of the future! I mean, in 2018 it seemed like Jimmy had just started at the DP. If he started in 2013, than he would be like 14 or 15, WAY to young to start at the #1 newspaper in the world. I think that Clark just had a dream of what the future could look like, doesn't necessarily mean it actually happened.
          If I’m not mistaken, Jimmy starts interning at the DP when he’s 16. So it’s plausible.

And seems as though Dr. Fate showed him... that wasn’t just a dream. That was a glimpse into the future... at least that’s how I saw it.

Comment

The fact that Jeff tells Lois that Clark is at the Deli but then we see that he had been sat at his desk and 'whooshed' away to save the day is a discrepancy within the dream itself. This leads me to believe that it was NOT an actual vision of the future but a symbolic representation/premonition of what was eventually to come.

Clark's subconsious somehow tapped into all the things that Dr Fate knew would happen and created a DREAM.

This also explains why Lois and Clark were married in 2013 in the dream but we now know that it doesn't happen till 2018. Some people also complain that the younger Olsen would be too young to be an intern (some say not).

Anyway, the dream was taking things that were to come some time in the future and putting them together into one scene/dream.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Didn't Ross Perot try and run twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Angela Of El
                In "Salvation", during Clark's dream of the future, its 2013, and Lex Luthor has just announced running for the Presidency. And yet, in "Finale" we see that he won the elections of 2018, not 2014! So, did he run twice before getting elected, or was this yet another lack of incosistency by TPTB...?
                S10 threw out logic out of the window.

I'm sure everything can be explained but to me, when I'm watching the episodes it's just one confusing thing after another. They really didn't have a glue with anything they were doing this season.

Comment

I think there are inconsistencies for sure. But Lex running twice isn't a big deal, there are plenty of Presidential candiates who have done that.
                  Last edited by chlo-el; 05-20-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

It would be a second term. 2014 would be the first, and 2018 would be the second term.

however, it would mean that the president and the entire govermenment would somehow get impreched/kiled in 2012/2013 since the next race would be in 2016. there is no way a 2014/2018 race would happen.

unless the SV universe is off by 2 years
                    Last edited by zguida09; 05-20-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

My guess is Lex wouldn't have been old enough to run in 2014. He was 9 when the meteor shower hit in 1989. He would have been 34- 1 year younger than the requirement age of 35. Maybe in 2013, he announced a plan to run in 2018.

And about the years, the world of Smallville has different election years. If the president dies, resigns or is removed, the vice-president serves the rest of the term- there is not a new election. The elections would be in 2012 and 2016 regardless. The West Wing was a show about the president, and the elections on that show took place in 1998, 2002 and 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by jsm
                        My guess is Lex wouldn't have been old enough to run in 2014. He was 9 when the meteor shower hit in 1989. He would have been 34- 1 year younger than the requirement age of 35. Maybe in 2013, he announced a plan to run in 2018.

And about the years, the world of Smallville has different election years. If the president dies, resigns or is removed, the vice-president serves the rest of the term- there is not a new election. The elections would be in 2012 and 2016 regardless. The West Wing was a show about the president, and the elections on that show took place in 1998, 2002 and 2006.
                        Yep.......Smallville takes place on an AU Earth.

Comment

Wasnt that in homecoming, the dream/FF i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by jsm
                            He could have been old enough. The assumption is that Lex was born in 1980 because he was 9 when the meteor shower happened, but technically there's a window in 1979 in which he could have been born and still have been 9 on the day of the shower.

On the sliver of a chance Lex's birthdate falls anywhere from October 17, 1979 through January 20, 1980, he would have been 9 on the day of the meteor shower (Oct. 16, '89) and will be 35 by Inauguration Day 2015, which is the rule.

Originally posted by MarvelXY
                            Wasnt that in homecoming, the dream/FF i mean.
                            The dream in Salvation was set in 2013. The future in Homecoming was set in 2017. The future shown in the finale was in 2018.
                            Last edited by DocCRP; 05-20-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

That's not that unusual... Nixon ran twice...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎