No announcement yet.

So did the real Lex die?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So did the real Lex die?

I'm confused. Was the real Lex killed in Requiem or was he cooped up in that area ever since returning from the Arctic? Also, was that area he was in under the Luthor mansion? If that's the case, then it's only fitting he was there the entire time under Tess' nose.

thsi is the real lex- but he needed the clones to attach pieces to complete his body- then darkseid gave him his heart and finished it in exchange for lionel

Comment

I don't think it quite works like that - if all of the body parts were from clones, then it wasn't Lex. It's not like his soul was resurrected. If they would have done a classic "rise from the dead" scenario then it would be the real Lex. That was not the real Lex. I don't care if Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, or the rest of TPTB say it was the real Lex. It wasn't. It was random parts of his clones. That's it.

Almost wish they would have left him out. Almost. Glad to seem him. Upset to see him as pieces of his clones.

Comment

The brain is all that matters. And from his first scene, it is clear he has the original Lex's mind.

But he won't live long since he has an old mans heart.

Also, i'm not sure I heard the Lex/Tess scene clearly, but I think he got a mindwipe. And if so, that is terrible. He wont remember his friendship with Clark or killing Lionel. Seven seasons out the window.

Comment

Having him back as a clone though does somewhat line up with the comics.

Comment

he is more like frankenstien. they got his pieces from the explosion and then used clone body parts to fill in the gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by chumchees
              The brain is all that matters. And from his first scene, it is clear he has the original Lex's mind.

But he won't live long since he has an old mans heart.

Also, i'm not sure I heard the Lex/Tess scene clearly, but I think he got a mindwipe. And if so, that is terrible. He wont remember his friendship with Clark or killing Lionel. Seven seasons out the window.
              He doesn't have the original Lex's brain. He has the memories, sure, but nothing about the Lex we saw tonight was physically original. It was literally not the same person.

Comment

He got mind wiped to line up with the comics. It's sad that he won't remember everything but Tess did have the last laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by DEBLAZE
                  I don't think it quite works like that - if all of the body parts were from clones, then it wasn't Lex. It's not like his soul was resurrected. If they would have done a classic "rise from the dead" scenario then it would be the real Lex. That was not the real Lex. I don't care if Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, or the rest of TPTB say it was the real Lex. It wasn't. It was random parts of his clones. That's it.

Almost wish they would have left him out. Almost. Glad to seem him. Upset to see him as pieces of his clones.
                  I don't think this was the case. I think most of this Lex was the original Lex, but certain parts had to be replaced with those of clones. To me, the scenario is that Lex did return from the Arctic, and the one in Bride & Requiem was a clone who was released to ultimately die so that nobody would dig into Lex's whereabouts. I'm pretty sure that area where Lex was all that time was in a room under the mansion from what they said & from where Clark found Lex (at the mansion). That's why it said LX0 for the chamber where he was recovering & having his failing organs replaced. It seemed like he was giving orders for a while & then went comatose until he got a heart.

Comment

I guess the old clone Lex was right. Lex died in the truck bomb.
                    So this Lex was just a bunch of clone parts E3 Lionel put together.

That said:

Why did E3 Lionel need Darksied for. Lionel just put the pieces together and planned to use Tess's heart.

How did Lex get out of the artic after being mutalated by the collasping FoS

Why wasn't Clark hurt. Both Lex and Clark were next to eachother.

Comment

I'm fairly confident it was the original. For starters, he was in a special room on a special table labeled Lx0. He was just on life support until a suitable heart could be produced. The mauled up hand strikes me as what might have resulted from the fortress collapse, and it just wasn't replaced because either they didn't have a suitable replacement, the original was functioning, and it was non-vital (like the heart).

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        I don't think this was the case. I think most of this Lex was the original Lex, but certain parts had to be replaced with those of clones. To me, the scenario is that Lex did return from the Arctic, and the one in Bride & Requiem was a clone who was released to ultimately die so that nobody would dig into Lex's whereabouts. I'm pretty sure that area where Lex was all that time was in a room under the mansion from what they said & from where Clark found Lex (at the mansion). That's why it said LX0 for the chamber where he was recovering & having his failing organs replaced. It seemed like he was giving orders for a while & then went comatose until he got a heart.

That explains why Clark saw Lex in the afterlife in E1.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                          he is more like frankenstien. they got his pieces from the explosion and then used clone body parts to fill in the gaps.
                          I don't think this is correct. There wasn't anything left of Requiem-Lex but ash from what we saw in that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            I'd like to see TPTB give an actual story as to what happened to Lex after the end of Season 7. I like your interpretation A LOT, but that's not how I understood it to be written. I would've like to have seen Lex mention that, but he never did.

Comment

Originally posted by DocCRP
                              I'm fairly confident it was the original. For starters, he was in a special room on a special table labeled Lx0. He was just on life support until a suitable heart could be produced. The mauled up hand strikes me as what might have resulted from the fortress collapse, and it just wasn't replaced because either they didn't have a suitable replacement, the original was functioning, and it was non-vital (like the heart).
                              Yeah. That room was under the mansion & wasn't just built recently. I think it's been around for a long time. Had Earth-3 Lionel gone there to build it, Tess would have tracked him. But in my opinion, Lex was there for a long time. It even used the same LX# nomenclature that Lex himself created at Cadmus.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎