Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABC Cancels V

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im honestly surprised! I thought V had a good chance of being renewed Its a sad day! You suck ABC

Comment

V cancelled

I am still pissed by the cancellation of V. V ended all most 2 months ago. Paul Lee probably knew then he was going to cancel the show on Mar 15th. Paul Lee needed to Man UP back then, and say to the viewers, V will not return. Paul Lee waited to the last minute keeping fans, cast and crew hopeful of a third season. He also kept them under contract, if one of his new shows or brilliant fn ideas did not pander out. I thought it was funny today when I read he was picking up good Christian Belles instead of Good Christian *****es, I asked my spouse this morning what the press would say if a network sponsored a show called Evil Bastard Muslems. WTF. I guess TVBTN got one cancellation right. Paul Lee is such a girl, no balls, everything on abc is for women talk about a reversal. I guess if I want to watch shows about women I would watch the View. I really like a litte action with my shows. Man I miss ALIAS, LOST, 24, Prison Break. All of these shows had action + romance. I remember Charlies Angels, Kate Jackson, Jaqylan Smith and Farrah. Farrah left after the first season. Kate Jackson tried to cut off her arm to get out of contract because the show demoralized women. Good morning Angels. HI CHARLIE, same plot week after week and year after year and a different new Angel each year. ABC thinks because H50 is a hit they can do the same thing. H50 aint a hit no more, same episode week after week. H50 was exciting when I was a kid because of the theme song and it was filmed in Hawaii. This has been a great site, thanks for letting me rant. AS Desmond would say "see you in another life brother".

Comment

wow not surprising this is the same people who canceled Kyle XY.

Comment

well it is what it is we knew it was a long shot, I am sadden by the news truly

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

To the producers, writers, and actors on V I wish you all the very best going forward I know it must have been very hard but I see a great actress in Elizabeth Mitchell and she will do fine. I have no words, its just horrid to not have some kind of closure
          Last edited by Johnb; 05-13-2011, 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by shadow08
            The new ABC president Paul Lee seems to be cleaning house. OTM, Detroit, NOF and Mr. Sunshine have all been cancelled as well.
            Better With You is gone, too. Not that I watched it much after a few weeks (and didn't have an attachment to it), but add it to the list.

Lots new things coming along that needed space on the schedule.

I was still hoping for a small pickup, but oh well. Television is a business and these things happen. Still sucks.

Comment

How does anyone invision V being picked up by another network?

Comment

Chuck was only renewed because NBC is a network run by idiots.
                I think NBC makes a lot of dumb decisions, but at this point, I think Chuck got renewed because a) Wonder Woman got passed on and b) Warner Bros. fighting for syndication and getting a chance to set an end date, which is good for both NBC and WB because then they can promote the heck out of CHUCK: THE FINAL SEASON.

And with Fringe I suspect there was probably a 2-for-1 kind of deal going on because Fox picked up Alcatraz, which is another show produced by JJ Abrams and WB.
                I think FOX actually really believes in Fringe. They want it to do well as long as they can financially afford to keep the series around. WB must've offered them a good deal.

Originally posted by Johnb
                How does anyone invision V being picked up by another network?
                I know Netflix is interested in picking up shows that might have gotten axed, so that might work.

SyFy, I doubt it.

Those are the only two viable options, I think, at this point.

Comment

well so many folks here are saying they won't support ABC, I don't think they care, it's all about overall viewership I remember when they tried to cancel Rosewell fans sent in bottles of Tabasco sauce somehow the show was brought back on another network thought not ABC related

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                    I know Netflix is interested in picking up shows that might have gotten axed, so that might work.
                    According to the CEO they would only pick up shows that are doing well on Netflix. WB shows aren't available on Netflix so they wouldn't be an option.

SyFy would never be able to afford V unless more cast members get written out and I think they announced that they wouldn't pick up other network's cancelled shows a while ago.
                    Last edited by shadow08; 05-13-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

this is how I feel-------->

Comment

Once again a good show leaves the airways before its time.the only bright spot is that you need not buy the second season dvd since this show has no conclusion.maybe they can replace the time spot with another stupid a reality show.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmoon
                          Once again a good show leaves the airways before its time.the only bright spot is that you need not buy the second season dvd since this show has no conclusion.maybe they can replace the time spot with another stupid a reality show.
                          Im all for NOT watching ABC now besides all the good stuff is on cable anyway

Comment

As I mntioned a while ago ABC's Paul Lee was not a fan of V. Just look how he trashed the show, cut the shows down to 10 and also took V off ABC.com to view. Lee wants to show the suits at Disney just what he can "do" which I think won't be much. All we can hope for now is that maybe another channel will pick the show up such as SyFy, TBS. TBS is woned by Warnes anyway. Sad news to see this greta show gone.

Comment

Well, that's it. The aliens won. We are all meat snacks now. Bye V. I will miss you.

Comment

The V ReVival Campaign

OK now I'm one very annoyed person from Australia to hear that ABC won't be renewing V for a third season. As people have said the Aliens won. Or have they?

What we ought to do, with the Webmasters of Kryptonsite forums leading the way, is to not accept defeat so easily and start a V ReVival Letter Campaign. Think of the Star Trek letter campaign of from previous decades. And I'm not talking about online polling which has little effect.

A draft letter to the ABC for reconsideration ought to be drawn up and signed by as many people as we can reach.

V deserves to live again to wrap up the storyline. It's a great story with ample plots which makes it one of the best scifi's on television in recent times. V ought to go through its third and or fourth year with the writers effectively using the time to wrap up leading to an exciting finale. Payoff please. Humanity wins. No "Day of the Triffids" like it is now.

The ABC ought to meet with the writers and an agreement made to produce an effective conclusion to the series. The aim of this ReVival campaign, if ABC doesn't take notice would be to get the writers/producers to approach ABC sometime soon and reevaluate the decision for cancellation. Or find another network willing to take it up where season 2 left off.

Whilst not all decisions are rational, the ABC still has time to redeem itself.

Just give V a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎