Lana Lang...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like Lana.

Comment

I was very happy with it. They've mentioned Lana a couple times, but they've never actually brought up her ending since it happened, as if they were trying to pretend it didn't happen. I like how they're paralleling that sacrifice with Lois, but this time around Clark isn't taking "goodbye" for an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
        Toyman mentioned Lana in this ep and her sacrifice...I thought this was great and it made me happy.

I just wish they had brought in Kristin for something before the end in regards to Lana. I miss her.
        What sacrifice? Lana stole a power suit in a power hungry crusade to become indefeatable, it wasn't even in her plans to be with Clark when she did that. All she wanted was to be Clark's equal and was stupid enough to steal a technology that made her poisonous to the man she didn't want to be with in the first place. I would say Lana foolishly sacrificed herself in Promise, but what happened Requiem had nothing to do with sacrifice but paying for the stupidest mistake of her life:doning that power suit. And the worst part is that Lois foolishly fell in that trap. I can't believe that after all the things Clark said to her, she still feels threatened by Lana. Good writing would have been telling Lois that Lana also went nuts after tasting Clark's power, that she needed to be more careful, but no, they had to make her insecure about her future with him by retconing something that happened a couple of seasons ago.
        Last edited by Bizarrolover; 05-07-2011, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
          What sacrifice? Lana stole a power suit in a power hungry crusade to become indefeatable, it wasn't even in her plans to be with Clark when she did that. All she wanted was to be Clark's equal and was stupid enough to steal a technology that made her poisonous to the man she didn't want to be with in the first place. I would say Lana foolishly sacrificed herself in Promise, but what happened Requiem had nothing to do with sacrifice but paying for the stupidest mistake of her life:doning that power suit.
          So you think Toyman was wrong too. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
            So you think Toyman was wrong too. Good to know.
            Toyman was manipulating Lois. The problem is that some people might take his words as true. They could have said many things to throw in a Lana mention before the finale, just to show she is remembered, but unfortunately they chose to bring up the arc that made her look the worse, in my opinion.
            Last edited by Bizarrolover; 05-07-2011, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
              Toyman was manipulating Lois. The problem is that some people might take his words as true. They could have said many things to throw in a Lana mention before the finale, just to show she is remembered, but unfortunately they chose to bring up the arc that made her look the worse, in my opinion.
              Yeah this is the bad thing about it...it being connected to that arc.

[edit] I personally had no problems with the S8 Lana arc...but I know others did...obviously.
              Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 05-07-2011, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Stephen King (in one of his books) called that sense you get... where something is just on the tip of your tongue.... it's right there but you just can't quite grasp it.... he called this the Dead Zone.

There were these tricks that one of his characters would use to try to and unleash the words he was searching for... to do a "round-a-bout" sort of method to reach it... because the direct mental connection was severed.

Trying.... to... get there....

almost.......

What's a Lana?

Comment

Originally posted by luckycloisfan
                  Still no explanation as to WHY she wasn't there in Pandora to FIGHT Zod??? She would have been the ultimate weapon against the Kandorians

Does she even save people? Does she still have powers... green K in her system?

It seems useless to me for them to just casually mention her UNLESS the show is actually going to address what happened to her AND where she is right now?!

Just saying "she's not coming" and that she "sacrificed" for Clark... really... the PTB should just RESOLVE the super-powered Lana issue, even without KK coming back. It's THEIR show and I think it is THEIR responsibility to conclude that. Lana Lang being more powerful than the future Superman is UNacceptable, imho
                  ITA. It was okay to mention her, but the context of her departure was awful. Instead of a normal "we outgrew each other" from a former high school sweetheart, we get this unresolved mess of the Prometheus suit as the reason they broke up.

They have had two years to fix that crap with one or two lines about an email or a facebook posting that the suit wore off and that she ran into Pete the other day (should have been mentioned in Homecoming or perhaps Fortune)...Maybe Lex will reveal next week that the suit wears off after a few months or something.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyjr123
                    I was very happy with it. They've mentioned Lana a couple times, but they've never actually brought up her ending since it happened, as if they were trying to pretend it didn't happen. I like how they're paralleling that sacrifice with Lois, but this time around Clark isn't taking "goodbye" for an answer.
                    The reason they have been pretending it didn't happen is because they screwed it up big time in Requiem. Lets face it: the Lana arc in S8 didn't make any sense and had no connection to the rest of the season. Hence better to just forget mistakes.

They did not paraller sacrifices. Lois' decision at the end had nothing to do with Lana.

Comment

Personally I thought it was perfect and I wish they had gone on a little more.

I presumed the sacrifice that he was referring to was her decision to stay out of Clark's life because she was a distraction. Lana IMO first tried it at the end of S7 and then when she got infected, she left for good. It was a fantasy that Lana/Clark could co-exist without her being a liability -- with the Green-K suit she would always weaken his abilities. And with their track record, even if they cured the suit and she was a normal person, she'd be back to being the liability. IMO because they grew up together, there was a different power dynamic in the relationship. Lois has already found her purpose in the world (reporting) and is therefore theoretically defined without Clark. Lana, not so much. She tried several times but always spiraled back into Clark's life. Chloe has ultimately defined herself without Clark and theoretically that's why she gets to live and still be in his circle of friends (albeit remotely).

IMO Clark couldn't be with Lois if he hadn't experienced what he did with Lana. He has learned from the mistakes both he and Lana made in that relationship and he is going to avoid them in this one.

So, I like that they brought up that Clana was broken because it shows the significance of the relationship and underscores how difficult the job is.

Clark is no longer the same man and Lois is different than Lana. Doesn't make Clana any worse of a relationship -- it was the one that taught Clark everything. Clana is a tragic lovestory and part of who Clark IS. Lois should be grateful IMO that this older, more mature Clark knows what he is doing now and can help them both avoid the pitfalls.
                      Last edited by SVFancross; 05-07-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Well, I liked the reference to Lana. In some ways it strikes me that with the season ending they are getting as many former characters either mentioned or re-appearing (poor Pete, huh?).

Kristen re-appearing in any of the earlier eps leading up to this? It's all politics....anyone know a behind-the-scenes scenario? Was KK banished and never considered for a return? I thought I read where she said she'd have been happy to come back for the finale, but it appears that will not be the case. Contracts? Money? (it's always about money, isn't it?), or just too many sub-plots would have to play in place with her return? I recently re-watched "Requiem," and Clark professing his undying love for her would seem that much more out of place with Lana coming back as Lois is Clark's main squeeze.

Oh well, she's off to other things.....I envision "Isis - Lana Lang's Shelter For Wayward Lemurs"

Comment

Well it's always nice to have these "bring proper closure to Lana-arc" etc threads. The fact is, they could have done it properly during S8 arc, they had plenty of episodes for it.

Question is, why didn't they do it?

If people were happy about it why do these threads exist every time Lana is being mentioned.

Comment

Thank you AL/Miles for making Lana stink to high heaven to the Superman fans,
                            notice I didn't say Smallville fans. We know where Lana belongs as far as Superman
                            goes.

Comment

Originally posted by toflyup
                              Thank you AL/Miles for making Lana stink to high heaven to the Superman fans,
                              notice I didn't say Smallville fans. We know where Lana belongs as far as Superman
                              goes.
                              Speaking of Superman, I think it was a disgrace to play Superman-music after the image of Clark crawling in his barn after trying to kill himself with kryptonite at the end of Requiem.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboogie
                                Question is, why didn't they do it?
                                I think the producers were so wrapped up with the story they told(for 7 seasons) that they felt it needed this "tragic" ending to cap it off because it's such a wonderful story and needs a big ending. I refer to this as loving the smell of your own farts.

I think the main problem is that although they tried to make a tragic ending, there was absolutely nothing tragic about it if you looked at the circumstances and what the characters did(or better put didn't) do.
                                Last edited by Supsfan; 05-07-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎