No announcement yet.

Who else thinks Jor-el is being selfish

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else thinks Jor-el is being selfish

By telling Kara she can not be in Clark life anymore.

Hell no Jor-EL had the best lines of the episode, he's right it is Clarks Destiny so let Clark do it!

Comment

he wasnt being selfish he was just saying clark is finally ready to take on his destiney and he wasnt want anyone else conflicting with that.

Comment

I think Jor -El was right..Kara = uselessness for Clark

Comment

Yes, he is selfish.
          Clark can do alone, Kara doesn't need to go to the future.
          Kara suffer enough, she remember krypton and her family. Clark is the rest of her family and Jor-el took this. what espect from a AI.
          Well we don't know if she will come back to 21st century.

Comment

...he's right it is Clarks Destiny so let Clark do it!
            If its really Clark's destiny, then should other people have to step aside, or disappear, for him to claim it? Does that send a good and positive message about Clark?

It should be Clark's destiny because Clark is the one to step up and earn it. It shouldn't be his destiny because Jor-El helped to clear the playing field.

JMO

Comment

He is the most bossy and opinionated disembodied voice I have ever heard (much worse than Obi Wan and Yoda.)

Comment

Jor-El to Kara:

"Go find your own planet. This ones for Clark "

Maybe Kara should of pulled the plug on Jor-El instead of Clark.

Comment

But wasn't part of the problem for Kara that she had essentially failed by listening to Jor-El in the first place? Clark was right: the AI was on continuous loop. It was going to keep making demands. (retcons aside. . .) But where Clark resisted and finally drew a line in the sand, once and for all perhaps, Kara continued to bend to its reasoning.

I don't know. I may have to re-watch. I'm not saying the AI tricked Kara. But it offered her a choice with a warning that the wrong choice could have consequences. But how many times did it pull that on Clark? I'm thinking Kara's decision ultimately reflects on her mindset and that, in this case, Clark was the true hero by not giving in to the AI's reasonable-sounding manipulations. But I'll have to re-watch to see how it plays the second time.

Comment

I don't think anyone can ever win with Jor-el. I mean, all of these lessons are supposed to make Clark reach the point where he stops listening, but he's stopped listening before and it never worked out. Not listening in the past meant catastrophic things happen. Now with Kara she listens and it's wrong because she's not ready to face her own destiny? I'm still fuzzy on why he gave Lois powers. Clark needs to just leave the fortress powered down.

Comment

i dont even think it is THE JOR EL, ever since the season premiere i myself think the DARKNESS took over the fortress and messed up the AU Jor-El hence forcing Kara out and maybe forging killing Clark? so maybe it is a good thing Clark pulled the plug but think about it

Darkseid would of knew Kara wold of help Clark defeat him then probably felt threat then threw her out of town but yeah i DID NOT like what he did totally selfish i guess Clark can't have any family in town, lammme.

Comment

... Are we using the proper definition of the word "selfish"? Which is: lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.
                        That's the definition I grew up with... but what do I know eh?

He did it for his son... doesn't make him selfish.
                        That was not selfish in, quite literally, any sense of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by batlanternarrow
                          By telling Kara she can not be in Clark life anymore.
                          Kara was not in Jor-El plans for Kal-El..........she just happened to show up on earth.

Comment

He told her Kal-El can handle business on his own now. He didn't say anything about her staying out of his[Kal-El] life.

Comment

AI Jor-El is a LOAD. If Clark had pulled out that damn crystal six seasons ago he'd already BE a flying and suit-wearing SUPERMAN..!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎