No announcement yet.

Plotholes/Inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shanemak
    I don't think it should matter if Jonathan did gut wrenching work; when it's all said and done, him and Lois are human and should be effected the same. I think Maureen was right when she said that Jor-el did something.
    Maybe the way they had powers was diffrent. He may have took the krytoian parts of the DNA out of Clark and transfer to Lios making her like a krytionan. Johanthan was probably just powered up with krytoian powers but did'nt have that krytioan DNA to protect him. Same thing happend to Jermiah 7 years ago.

Comment

It wasn't Clark who gave Lois the powers so he can't feel guilty of something he hasn't done if and when Lois would have had a heart attack etc. That's why Lois was fine with the powers.

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
        Maybe the way they had powers was diffrent. He may have took the krytoian parts of the DNA out of Clark and transfer to Lios making her like a krytionan. Johanthan was probably just powered up with krytoian powers but did'nt have that krytioan DNA to protect him. Same thing happend to Jermiah 7 years ago.
        Ok, that makes sense. So Jor-el did, in fact, do something. Thanks.

Comment

Plotholessssssss

Comment

Jor-El magic

Then again Lana handled it... so the only person who hasn't been able to is Johnathan.

Comment

My problem with Prophecy is that they transformed a smart woman with fighting spirit into a dumb submissive one. Lois Lane is not dumb neither submissive and has proven it several times

Comment

Toyman most likely knew Clark is The Blur from Requiem.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                  It is, but look at how many episodes these writers have had to tell a story that everyone knows the ending to. They're simply out of ideas, IMO, and certainly don't have the talent to write a full season that has consistency to it, even if it is the last season. There really is something to be said about shorter television seasons where you eliminate the filler. If Smallville was cut in half so it ended up being 110 episodes, I bet we would have had a much tighter story and far better characters. And I also bet that there are somewhere around 100 episodes of this show that you can eliminate because they have a lot of filler.
                  Another problem Smallville suffers is no single voice. All these different writers who don't know the series as well as many of the fans. Compare that to Joss Whedon, his series have few if any fillers and few plot holes or inconsistencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboogie
                    Toyman most likely knew Clark is The Blur from Requiem.

Or Echo.

Comment

Originally posted by Borealis
                      Compare that to Joss Whedon, his series have few if any fillers and few plot holes or inconsistencies.
                      I watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Firefly and for the most part it seemed like a bunch of fillers on both sides.

Comment

are you kidding me Joss Whedon series's not having fillers =] uummm yeah ok sure in your opinion ..... i have watched all his series's & sorry but all of them had fillers from Buffy to Angel to Firefly to Dollhouse they were full of fillers along with episodes that were just bad altogether ..... so no Whedon is not the exception of not having fillers or bad writing =]

truth of the matter is that ALL TV SHOWS have their fair share of fillers/bad writing/plotholes/inconsistencies etc etc there is no show that is perfect in any of this categories

but whatever is not like it matters anyways since opinions vary for everybody when it comes to watching this tv shows. with some shows people excuse those things and with others people don't they judge them to harshly that's just the reality to watching anything on tv or movies for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboogie
                          One big plothole is the whole "Tess is the Watchtower and a good guy" thing. I still got the image in my head from S8 where she brutally kills her employee by kicking him repeatedly in the head while blood is splattering into the window. Then she tastes some of the blood that splashed all over her face.
                          Wa?? she tastes the blood I don't remember her doing that but I DO agree she is ruthless. How can she now be so saintly? I have a feeling she may be plotting to taste blood again. How can she be trusted?

Comment

Originally posted by newtonh20
                            I highly doubt that star thing would've worked on Clark without a mix of red/green K.

Wouldn't Toyman have thought that she was the Blur after she sped off like that? He has know idea what Jor-El did for Kal and Lois.

(Not a plothole. But kind of annoying) She should've seen that coming from him. Why didn't she just go to Clark instead of putting on the star?

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

And might I say, this episode was going very well before I saw that scene. Let's hope they recover...
                            1. So say Toyman's mind control diode had Kryptonite in it. Plenty of stuff does on Smallville, from racing fuel to necklaces. I suppose they could've added some mind-numbing dull dialogue to that effect; I for one am glad they didn't. The answer to the issue is obvious, so I don't see it as a plot hole. It really doesn't need explaining.

2. Toyman knows Clark, not Lois, is the Blur. How does he know? Bad guys find out secrets. It's not impossible. In fact it's often essential to their nefarious plans.

3. She did see it coming. She didn't trust Toyman. But she faced a dilemma. Toyman was threatening to have Clark killed. Maybe Lois could have reached Clark in time. Maybe she couldn't. She didn't know what Toyman had up his sleeve. Maybe there was a sniper poised with a high powered rifle trained on Clark. She didn't know. So she caved.

Comment

Originally posted by actaeon
                              2. Toyman knows Clark, not Lois, is the Blur. How does he know? Bad guys find out secrets. It's not impossible. In fact it's often essential to their nefarious plans.
                              Lex told him/he figured it out in Requiem/Echo?

Comment

Originally posted by Borealis
                                Another problem Smallville suffers is no single voice. All these different writers who don't know the series as well as many of the fans. Compare that to Joss Whedon, his series have few if any fillers and few plot holes or inconsistencies.
                                Exactly!! No one is piloting the plane and I sure hope it doesn't crash with the finale but right now my hopes are not very high. Nothing would please me more than to come on this site and issue an apology to the PTB for giving us a finale that is worth something. I was disappointed with "Lost" but I didn't invest 10 years of my TV life to "Lost" as I have to SV.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎