Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Man Who Would Be King?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Man Who Would Be King?

Discuss what you liked and/or didn't like about The Man Who Would Be King in this thread & rate the episode in the poll.

Note: Please don't vote until after watching the entire episode.
    10 (It was the king of the hill)
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 (Sometimes it's just sucks to be the king)
    0%

I loved it. i thought it was a great episode that showed us just what the heck has been going on all season long. Cas is either a friend of a villain right now and Winchesters don't know what to do about that problem.

Comment

I'd either give it a 9 or a 10. I haven't decided yet. I really like the way they filled us in on what happened on Cas' end of things. By the way, I hope Raphael gets his old body back by resurrecting the guy he took as his vessel. That actor was perfect for playing the part.

Comment

I'm a little conflicted about this episode. Normally, I'm not a fan of first person narratives. To me, it a sign of the poor writing. Although Supernatural did it a little better than other shows, it really threw me off. That said, I did like the episode. It was so cool to see Cas catch the demon smoking out and gank him. But Cas being invisible was a little creepy. It makes me wonder if Cas was there in the last episode, just waiting for his cue.

At the end of the episode, I just wanted to reach through the TV and give Cas a big hug.

Comment

I honestly had a very difficult time watching this episode! My heart was breaking for Dean and Cas! Cas rebelled for Dean, and Cas was the first person, for lack of a better word, Dean could trust since his Brother chose a Demon over him. I just hated to see that friendship break the way it did. Damn you Supernatural!

One of the saddest scenes is when Cas was lurking and saw that Dean was sticking up for him when everybody else was tearing him down. Poor Cas! Hes really trying to do the right thing! And Sam REALLY needs to STFU with his Self Righteous attitude! He has no room to talk! Not anymore! Shut your Pie Hole Sam, I dont want to hear it. Not on this issue anyway.

Ah come on Supernatural! "Reaper" did the whole DMV is hell thing already!

Im scared to see where this story goes, I dont think Dean can take anymore loses or betrayals, and Im scared for Cas going off the deep end. I dont like what they are doing to his character! But nonetheless im still excited for the finale! Supernatural rarely disappoints! So fingers crossed!

Comment

I really didn't want the Dean and Castiel relationship to turn to this.

I didn't like how Dean reacted to soulless Sam and now I get this thrown at me. It's heart breaking.

Comment

I guess this episode was good. It was well directed by Ben Edlund. The story was good. But the character devolpment sucked. Too much hypocrisy though. Everyone blaming Cas for making a demon deal, the deal for not having another apocalypse happening all over. He don't even get thanked for trying to get Sam back from hell. And no, Sam has no say in any of this, imo. The winchesters has done demon deals too, at least this time Cas is doing it to save the world. Ofc, Cas is doing something wrong. But, it don't mean that Sam didn't do wrong things too. It don't mean that Dean has to kill Cas, like he said in the end. That was just uncalled for!

I think I give this episode a 6 (even if I voted a 10).

----- Added 36 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Dexter
              I really didn't want the Dean and Castiel relationship to turn to this.

I didn't like how Dean reacted to soulless Sam and now I get this thrown at me. It's heart breaking.
              ITA. I hope the writers know that they are totally destroying the characters we really do love.
              Last edited by Anu; 05-07-2011, 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I loved this episode. Best episode of the second half, and possibly the best episode of the season. Great directing and writing by Edlund, the episode was told in a really cool way and seeing an episode through Castiel's point of view was awesome. I love the fact that we have gotten a Bobby and a Castiel-centric episode this season. "The Man Who Would Be King" was brilliant. 10/10

Originally posted by Anu
                ITA. I hope the writers know that they are totally destroying the characters we really do love.
                I sincerely hope they're not thinking that. Having Castiel going through all of these things gives the character more depth, and this road he is currently on is interesting and challenging for the writers, a challenge that they have pulled off brilliantly. I can't wait to see what more they have in store for him.

Comment

I rewatched the episode today and I say, I quite enjoyed it a bit more. Mostly because I didn't only see through Cas's POV, I also saw through the boys, especially Dean's. And I understand their hurt and Cas did something very wrong and the worse thing was that he lied. I just hope he can have some kind of redemption, if so in season 7

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                    I guess this episode was good. It was well directed by Ben Edlund. The story was good. But the character devolpment sucked. Too much hypocrisy though. Everyone blaming Cas for making a demon deal, the deal for not having another apocalypse happening all over. He don't even get thanked for trying to get Sam back from hell. And no, Sam has no say in any of this, imo. The winchesters has done demon deals too, at least this time Cas is doing it to save the world. Ofc, Cas is doing something wrong. But, it don't mean that Sam didn't do wrong things too. It don't mean that Dean has to kill Cas, like he said in the end. That was just uncalled for!
                    my thoughts exactly, i mean its not like they didn't make deals with the devil for far more selfish reasons, cass simply was trying to avoid another apocalypse, surely the wrong way, but they didn't gave him a chance. the winchesters really don't have enough friends to spare, plus reaaally bad idea to have yet another angel as an enemy, especially cass
                    other then that, great episode and buildup to the last two episode of the season,,

Comment

Cas's memories. Liked the beginning, but then the movie clips were a bit eh. I did like Cas's narration though. I liked that line that indicated that Castiel thinks of himself as a fallen angel though.

Whoa, Dean was graphic about what they were going to do with Crowley. Ick!

Sam tracking down a Djinn in Omaha and Dean let him go by himself? Oh, oops, all a trick!

Cas and Crowley. Mark was amazing this episode, as always, as the King of Hell. And watching him chew scenery (in a good way) against Misha's understated performance was a fun thing.

Cas still considers himself the boys' Guardian? Huh.

Assbutt flashback!

They would both die again and again until the end of time? Whanow?

The Superman reference (very apropos for various reasons) and Cas unseen by all (though honestly, wouldn't that make Dean Lois Lane?).

Ellworth the demon counterpart was hilarious.

The autistic man's Tuesdays.

Whoa at the line "Freedom is a length of rope. God want you to hang yourself with it." Yikes, bitter!

Why were they using vessels in Heaven? Shouldn't we have seen Castiel's "chrysler building"? (I mean, I get why they had to go with the actors but still...)

The Ken Lays discussion? Cute.

Cas to the rescue and suddenly everyone is friends again. Oops! Then Cas blows it by using the Superman reference (nice reaction from Jensen there).

Loved the flashback and how Cas didn't want to involve Dean.

Crowley's Hell. Honestly, I think Crowley makes a much better (and way meaner and far more imaginitve) ruler of Hell than Lucifer ever did. An endless line? That is evil.

I feel slightly ashamed at laughing at the "Submit or die? What are you, French?" line. *ducks*

Did anyone else catch that Samuel was in Hell? Crowley mentions that he can get the "bald Patriarch" as a replacement for Dean, because Cas wants him left out of it. Since Crowley's domain is hell that means Samuel was in Hell! Interesting.

The trap and Castiel finally admitting the truth. Poor Dean's reaction. And I actually giggled and clapped when Cas did the "raised you from perdition" line. That's so become his signature and for him to have used it for both boys...? Love it.

Cas and Dean. The reveal that Castiel was talking to God (seriously, was totally figuring Chuck would step into frame. I was actually disappointed he didn't). And Castiel's bitterness that God didn't answer.

OK, before this becomes any more of a teal deer, I enjoyed this episode and it filled in a lot of background for Season 6 (made me want to go back and start over the season again and try to catch some things) but it didn't really seem to move the story forward much. But that's all right, the occassional break is good.

Comment

Oh, Dean. Oh, Cas. Oh, Cas and your confusion because you've yet to realize you're in love with Dean. That's what I took from it, he totally wants Dean.

Okay seriously, even though I don't think Castiel should've been made into a regular, it was a really good episode. I liked getting into his mind and getting a better understanding of all the pressure and how conflicted he feels.

Jensen and Misha were fantastic. The almost man tears, looks of betrayal, confusion, Castiel desperately looking for a sign from God.

No clue why I pictured Sam and Bobby fishing together, when Dean was driving by himself near the beginning of the ep.

Comment

Awesome episode. I'm starting to like Supernatural more and more. I just don't see why someone as powerful as Castiel is making deals with a demon. I know that in times of war, it creates strange bedfellows, but we're talking about an angel here, who can with a simple thought, put Crowley in his place.

Most definitely a good episode. One of the best of the season. Can't wait till the finale! 8/10

Comment

I liked this episode a lot. I thought it was one of the best of the season frankly. I was completely into the episode the whole time and didn't want it to end. I like that they are showing some shades of gray with Cas and that his position is not all black and white, blind following.

I thought that I was the only one that was getting a little tired of the boys playing the Cas card immediately upon getting into any kind of trouble. I liked back in the day, when they would just handle things themselves in whatever way they could.

The one thing this show likes doing is building strong relationships and then tearing them down or bringing them into disarray. We've seen it with Sam and Dean, we're seeing it now with Cas and Dean.

I love that they are really playing around with the Dean/Cas slash. I love when the writers do that, they give us hardcore fans little giggles with those sorts of things.

Bottom line, I thought this was a great episode and I am really looking forward to what comes next.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎