No announcement yet.

Why cant Eve control Crowley?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i_need_a_new_username
    He pointed this out, being King of Hell he could shake Sam's body out of the Cage.
    Well he also admitted he lied about it when forced to get Sam out of the cage. But was that a lie about a lie? Who knows. I tend to think that only very special beings like Death could actually enter the cage & leave. Not demons or even angels since it was meant to hold Lucifer. Maybe the fairies could, but even that's not certain.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Marvelous Jr
    I think she has powers like Leech in the Marvel universe. As long as they are in range she can de-power them. She just knows how they work. She can't just find them because thats how the show works. There are ways to hide in the show from anyone. Demons are probably using some symbol or charm to stay safe.

Demons are not children of Eve. They are children of Lucifer. He created them not Eve. Thats why she cannot control them like ordinary monsters. Also Demons are so much more powerful than monsters.
    I think you have a very good point about range. She was within range of Castiel & was able to interrupt his powers from getting to him. So I think she would be able to do the same to a demon. What's puzzling is how she knows this. She could be as old as anything but if she was stuck in her own domain, Purgatory, for all that time, how would she know anything about angels? Unless she learned it from the remnants of dead angels who end up in Purgatory.

That brings up another question. Do dead angels & demons even go to Purgatory? Or do they just vanish entirely from existence? Because if Purgatory in Supernatural is exclusively Eve's domain and where her children end up when they die, then that would mean that dead angels & demons would not end up there since they are not Eve's children. Unless Purgatory in SPN also has remnants of beings who are not Eve's children in addition to those who are.

I still wonder how Eve ended up in Purgatory. Did God put her there for going against His natural order & making abominations of His own children---humans? It would mean that she was placed there for what she did while Lucifer was cast down in hell for what he did. But why not have her placed in hell too? Did God know something---like Lucifer & Eve could work together to escape hell? If fairies are her children, then maybe she could have ordered them to break Lucifer out of his cage even with the seals. Who knows.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 05-01-2011, 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
      Is she the Eve of Adam and Eve? If so, why isn't Adam back? Another question is how was she trapped? I know Lucifer was locked away and it took 66 seals to be broken to be released.
      be interesting if we haven't seen Adam yet and maybe he won't be too happy with Eve gone if that is the direction they're going, not sure about that kind of storyline though. I don't think we've seen the last of Eve but maybe we have haha

Comment

Is she the Eve of Adam and Eve? If so, why isn't Adam back? Another question is how was she trapped? I know Lucifer was locked away and it took 66 seals to be broken to be released.
        No she's definitely not that Eve. That Eve was human & a mother of humanity & wouldn't have the type of powers the one in this show had & wouldn't create vampires & all those other monsters. I think they even said that the Winchesters' bloodline traces all the way back to Adam & Eve (which is why they're the vessels for Michael & Lucifer), so if that Eve was the Eve, she wouldn't do to them what she did.

Unless in Supernatural lore, Eve turned into a vengeful spirit after she died & that's when she gained her powers & began creating those monsters as revenge against God for casting her out of the Garden of Eden. I don't know.
        Last edited by xrayvision; 05-01-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
          Well the fact that shes all powerful and can turn off a SUPER powerful Angel for one is a nice place to start. If she can do that, why cant she find and control a measly little demon?
          There is a difference between stopping an angel from using his/her powers and controlling the angel(making it do what she wants the angel to do). Much like how Crowley kept an angel away from his house, I think Eve just said some kind of spell to keep him from using any of his powers. And with her dead, Castiel was able to use his powers once more. And the part of finding a demon, she probably was able to find him, or "see" him, as how Eve saw what the brothers, Bobby and Castiel were planning when Lenore mentioned that she already knows because Eve "saw" them through Lenore. But to control a demon? That's not possible, just because, if it were, Lilith's role would just be dumb-downed and an excuse for season four.

Ben Edlund has already mentioned that the name 'Eve' was chosen just because she was the first mother, as of how Eve became the first mother(as the first woman). No resemblance of her being Adam's Eve though. Now, it would've been cool, but Edlund already crossed that out.

And I'm assuming she went to Purgatory by herself; she did say that she was fine with the natural order until recently, so perhaps she called on the Dragons to release her so she can retaliate.

Comment

Hang on; I thought Demons were created in Hell via the corruption of a human soul (I guess making them do unspeakable things like Dean was forced to do...even he admitted "he was starting to like it"). Slippery slope.

Eve can connect with every evil/supernatural creature, which is why it was weird she didnt connect with Crowley. Perhaps she was busy, did not care or he had some protection he bought etc. Wouldn't put anything past him.

Comment

Eve couldn't control ghosts for all we know, so how could she control a demon? Lol.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎