Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects For "Dominion"

Talk about the episode's special effects here!

I loved all the fighting sequences and bloodwork. Plus the Phantom Zone diamond-shaped spinning mirror thingy was well done too

Comment

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Superman IIish end of Zod with the Phantom Zone shard in space. Slo-mo fight was also done well but it did remind me too much of 300 but I still liked that.

Comment

the healing powers, the zone stuff and the pratical effects were all pretty good tonight. one little screw up in sfx shot with a phantom coming on clark and ollie but still good.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
          the healing powers, the zone stuff and the pratical effects were all pretty good tonight. one little screw up in sfx shot with a phantom coming on clark and ollie but still good.
          Yeah I think the Phantoms have always been very hard for the FX people on the show. They've always been done okay but I don't think I've seen a really awesome looking one since when Clark was first attacked by them in "Zod".

Comment

well i didnt mean the phantom itself looked bad, just there was an off color correction on that quick scene.

Comment

well i didnt mean the phantom itself looked bad, just there was an off color correction on that quick scene.
              That bothered me so much.

Great effects tonight. The fights were awesome.

Comment

ya i wonder what happened we dont get to much screw ups like that in episodes.

Comment

Any fights on Earth? I mean I want a super Clark punch to Zod, not a human Clark punch.

Comment

Zod didn't fight anyone, he was always in the PZ, what made you think he'd return to Earth? That would be a huge plothole as CLark can't just let him roam free

Comment

Clark vs. Oliver while being a great fight overused the slow-mo. Looks like Justin Hartley must have loved the S9 Finale fight!

Comment

Actually if u read any of the interviews justin did this week about directing the episode he was inspired by 300 and also some of the costume/props where from 300 too.

Comment

They could have used a little less slow motion, but other than that it was ok

Comment

(rewatches)

OHHHH. Wow yeah, that is definitely weird. Hadn't even noticed that the first time I watched it.

Comment

The mid-air slow-mo blood droplets were pretty intense. And I really like the desaturated color that they do in the Zone. The fight choreography was very fine. I even liked the set dressing-- the ragged, windswept effect in the Zone, and even the fabulous, bare-brick, chic-modern look to the new Metropolis apartment.

I understand that fight sequences take a long time to film, and hence are expensive. They didn't cheap out here. The digital optical effects probably cost a few pennies, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎