Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else's heart jump at this scene?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else's heart jump at this scene?

When Clark was monologuing at the end... talking about people no accepting him or believing in him... then he rips his shirt open... I SWEAR it was going to be a half a second of the emblem under the shirt and then it cut to black/credits.. but all we got was a white T...

I didn't really get that part. I'll have to go over it again. It just seemed like a time waster. Clark is mopeing about how Lois shouldn't be seen with bumbly Clark, and then Lois tells Clark that she doesn't care, blah blah blah, blah blah blah...

Comment

Yes.
      Once again Clark needs another pep talk from Lois.
      So what else is new.

It would be even funnier if that was a bed scene.

Comment

...I thought it would be the Booster Gold Fanclub shirt, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tnr105

Comment

Originally posted by tnr105
            That would have been funny!!

Comment

They're not going to build 10 years towards a mere shirt rip and we've already had that last season.

Comment

It's hard to explain what I thought they were trying to address in that scene. On one end, it seemed like Clark had been struggling with what the disguise would do to Lois's reputation. Then, it seemed to be about Clark struggling with her nonchalant attitude at the idea of him projecting such an ordinary, "nerdy" persona to the people around her...*sigh* This is hard to explain. It was like he was asking her if it was ok to camouflage his greatness underneath such an ordinary facade as if it was at her expense and not his (Hence, the white shirt instead of the S?). I think he's been worried that she's been going along with it for his sake and not thinking how it would affect her life in the long run. I think he was asking her if she was really ok with the idea of the disguise. That's what I took from it anyway. Who knows what the writer was thinking!
                Last edited by Aries83; 04-22-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

That means Clark will cancel the wedding, right?

Comment

I have no idea why Clark ripped open his shirt. It was so random, and also obvious, because I know we were supposed to all go "GASP! Like Superman rips open his shirt". But in context, it just came off as really silly to me. JMO

Comment

My heart didn't jump, I think it was confused.

Comment

To me it was about Clark's insecurities.

Last time he did that? He was wearing the "S" shirt.

But he was saying to Lois, hey, the world's not going to see super guy, they're going to see boring white t-shirt guy, and who's going to believe YOU would want that guy?

Which, makes me sad for Clark that he still deals with that insecurity but my goodness isn't he the sweetest? And Lois, of course, kisses his face off and makes him feel better lol.

Comment

I thought he was ripping off his shirt because he was about to get it on with Lois. I actually was expecting to see bare flesh under the shirt not a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                            That means Clark will cancel the wedding, right?
                            Wrong. Because Lois reassured him she didn't care if people thought she was marrying a geek.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly1142
                              To me it was about Clark's insecurities.

Last time he did that? He was wearing the "S" shirt.

But he was saying to Lois, hey, the world's not going to see super guy, they're going to see boring white t-shirt guy, and who's going to believe YOU would want that guy?
                              That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say earlier!

By ripping his overshirt off and revealing a plain shirt, it was like he was asking for her reassurance..."Are you ok with this?" And her response to that was exactly what he was hoping / needing to hear. Part of me thinks, deep down, he already knew the answer.

Sometimes, as we go through life, we know what the answer is, but we need someone else to say it. It was really sweet scene

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎