No announcement yet.

Television Ratings for "Mother's Day"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Resistance84
    for majort spinning in press releases, pulling out all sorts of age-range demo info- but, in the case of "V," it does perform competitively in the male 18-49 demo. That is a notable achievement.
    I agree about ABC's rep to spin, but with V, I think they have a lot to crow about. The show was off for EIGHT MONTHS and it maintained an audience VERY close to a 2.0 in an extremely tough timeslot, with a crappy and sometimes, absent lead-in. If I remember correctly, there were several weeks when the show's demo number went UP in the second half hour and I don't see that happening with a lot of shows. Most of the time, they'll go DOWN.

Originally posted by Resistance84
    D187 more than likely will be canned (adjusted down to a 1.2 in the final demo ratings), and it's mentioned in the releases.
    Right. They'll mentioned the shows that have new episodes and try to make them sound as good as possible, even if they're doing terribly like Detroit.

Comment

Yes...

"V" was surrounded by poor-performing shows, and as the season went on, the distance in the demo widened compared to its lead-in and lead-out.

We know that "V" is not a big ratings hit or anything, but the network surely has seen that it's consistent and performs better than some of the other shows it's run. And that it appeals to the ever-elusive male demographic that it has trouble capturing.

Last season's finale decreased from the prior week, while this years' went up- 500K+ in total viewers (and actually had slightly more overall viewers than last season's finale) and 0.2 in the demo.

Here are "V's" averages this spring, compared to last spring:

Demo: 1.9 vs. 2.2
      Overall Viewers: 5.5 million vs. 5.7 million

Not that much of a drop.

Comment

Originally posted by EMLostfan
        Body of proof is going to tank from the previews. The lady playing the lead does not look like lead actress material. Harsh, but true. Sometimes I wonder who casts some of these shows.
        funny thing about Body of Proof is that the lead character has the exact same first and last name as my sister. It's very freaky to say the least. To me and my sister anyway.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by phoenixforce86
        Wow, that sounds good right? I hope there will be a season 3! The finale was brilliant. Feel sad that Ryan died but am so relieved that Lisa is alive. I feel sooo bad for her being trapped in that dangoun...
        I really don't think Ryan died. If he did he has the best chance out of everyone who died to come back without suspicion being raised. V's aren't exactly easy to kill as we've seen in the past.
        Last edited by protector91; 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

DVR Ratings...

for week ending march 20, there were 50 regular programs (excluding repeats and specials).

18-49 Demo: No. 11, 0.6 (the top-ranked rounded-off to 0.6)
          18-49 Demo Increase From Initial Ratings: No. 9, +32%
          DVR Total Audience: 1.389 million

I also updated the thread (which includes all season 2 episode *final* ratings, Live + Same-Day and DVR) in the General Discussion forum.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎