No announcement yet.

Television Ratings for "Mother's Day"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings for "Mother's Day"

Predict the ratings and talk about them once they come in!

Unfortunately, I'm going to go kinda low here... 7 million with 1.8 in the demo.

Just because it's surrounded by a NOF repeat and Detroit 1-8-7 which doesn't perform at all really.

Originally posted by KryptonSite
    Unfortunately, I'm going to go kinda low here... 7 million with 1.8 in the demo.
    Given the ratings this season in general that is rather high. lol

Comment

I don't expect it to get any better better let alone get renewed, JBH.

Comment

I'm going to go with the average: 5 million. It started out with that and stayed around that number for 8 of the last 9 episodes. Although I find it incredibly lame that they saved a new episode of NOF for NEXT week when V--ABC's senior show--could've benefited from it tonight. WTF??

Comment

Yah...

7m would be a season-high- if it got that, it probably would get higher than a 1.8 demo.

Last season's finale actually decreased from the episode that aired before it. Will it reverse trend? It sure didn't have ABC promo behind it and yet another weak lead-in (not that NOF originals have been a much better lead-in, mind you).

I'm hoping it at least bumps up to a 1.8- a 1.9 or 2.0 in the demo would be nice.

I'd like to see at least 5.5m viewership- that would be a 10% gain.

The way things have gone, would I be surprised by a small dip or not much of a gain at all? yes. lol

Comment

I hope good enough for a season 3. There are three amazing actresses leading this cast. They have had 23 episodes (basically one season) with crazy writing and no lead in this season to pull viewers in. Last season Lost/EM got the show renewed, this season I'm hoping they'll just give us an ending. The writing isn't that bad, but there just isn't enough time for a ton of character development and yet the actors have really out done themselves IMO. All of them are good but Erica, Anna, and Lisa make the show, and are all amazing in each of their roles. Special shout out to Diana as well. I didn't see the original, and wasn't really aware of it, but she was an awesome addition to this cast. I would have liked even more interaction with she, Lisa and the fifth column, but when you have 10 episodes what do you do? Kill off half of the cast that's what lol.

I'm predicting 6 million and 1.9 - 2.0 (18-49)
            Last edited by EMLostfan; 03-15-2011, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I would look for something in the same rating range it did last week. If it get's 5 million..that will be soemthing. ABC gave this series no hope of better numbers with 2 weeks of rerunds of NOP as V's lead in. I think of new Program VP at ABC wants to show the high brass (Disney) what he "thinks" he can do with HIS new shows this fall. When shows like "The Biggest Loser" get's better numbers, that will show you what the network want, cheap shows to produce and good ratings. Maybe V would have done better on a different night or with better promotion. I would love to see it come back in some way next year, but being in the "biz" for many years tells me it ain't gonna happen.

Comment

ABC really didn't do ANY promo for this did they? I just realized that.

Comment

No Ordinary Family, a show I like, is almost certainly cancelled as the leads are doing new pilots for next season. It has been a poor lead-in for V as well.

Comment

The first ratings are In.The early overnight ratings were 3.9/6.Now I believe this was a bit stronger than the early overnight ratings have been recently.

For compassion the No Ordinary Family rerun got 2.5/4 and Detroit 1-8-7 got 4.0/7

Have to wait for final overnight and the 18-49 Demo to make good sense of the Mother's day ratings

Comment

3.9/6
                      Can someone please help explain what this means. What does the 'out of 6' mean, in the same way 2.5/4 has 'out of 4'? And what does the 3.9 mean?

I read these numbers and have no idea how to interpret them, whether they are good/bad etc.

Comment

Yes...

last week's episode had a 3.0 H rating- that's not that important, but that would indicate that the demo *should* have increased.

Fo the season premiere, "V" scored a 4.0 HH rating, so the demo just HAD to increase.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Viewers: 5.30 million
                        A18-49: 1.8/ 5

Detroit 187 had more viewers (5.8m), but lagged behind in the demo by 0.5.

----- Added 17 Minutes later -----

Additional information from TV By the Numbers:

First half hour: 5.169m viewers, 1.7/5
                        Second half hour: 5.427 million viewers, 1.9/5 demo

Last edited by Resistance84; 03-16-2011, 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

According to TV By the Numbers, "Mother's Day" started off the hour with a 1.7 and ended with a 1.9 (and gained in total viewers). That's like, the third time that's happened in Season 2, right?

I think that's insanely impressive, myself. You don't see that with a lot of shows.

I really hope it's enough for renewal, but I have no idea what ABC is going to do. It could go either way because NOF, Detroit, and Off the Map have tanked and are probably going to go bye-bye. I think Body of Proof is going to be the key. If it fails, V's in better shape, but if it does well, I don't know that ABC will keep V around.

Of course, I'm still hoping that ABC gives V a few episodes for season filler, if anything. Just enough to wrap up and give us Erica vs. Anna, please.

Comment

That "Body of Proof" looks pretty dire. It may premiere alright (nothing like V's initial 5.2 demo premiere, naturally), but I don't see it sustaining a notable audience. We'll see.

D817 has to be a goner- nothing at 10 broke a 1.6 demo, and D187 finished with a 1.3. Pitiful showing. Its finale airs Sunday, following the return of Shark Tank (a show I quite enjoy, but gets low ratings).

V has proven it has a steady following- heck, throw it on Fridays if you want, with a wrap-up order.

Note: the actual HH rating was 3.3- not sure where that one site got 3.9 from.
                            Last edited by Resistance84; 03-16-2011, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
                              V has proven it has a steady following
                              There might not be a mind-blowing number of us, but we are definitely a loyal bunch.

If I was an exec, I would value that tremendously, considering you can count on people to show up. New shows are always a gamble.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎