No announcement yet.

The Cadmus Lex clone blown up in Requiem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cadmus Lex clone blown up in Requiem

I think it's very likely that the clone that Oliver blew up in the truck in Requiem could have been more than just a clone. I pointed out how an interesting connection between Requiem & Echo was the Toyman. It's possible the real Lex prior to Requiem took one of his clones from Cadmus & gave him to the Toyman so he could outfit him as a prototype cyborg. This would mean that a Cadmus Lex clone was taken and his organs were removed & replaced with robotic components. We did see a lot of wiring hooked up to that clone in Requiem. And we did see a fully functioning cyborg of the Toyman himself in Echo. Compared to the Toyman cyborg, the Lex clone in Requiem could have easily passed as an early stage cyborg.

Besides explaining a collaboration between Lex & the Toyman, a prototypical Lex cyborg would serve multiple purposes for the real Lex Luthor. It would enable him to set up the scenario he did to split Clark & Lana up, enable him to destroy/ruin Oliver by getting him to kill enable him to convince the public that Lex Luthor was dead so nobody would look for him anymore. Any metallic components of the cyborg could have been mistaken as parts of the truck after the explosion. I think that wiring & voice modulator device attached to the Lex clone in Requiem is a big piece of evidence that the Lex in that episode was a clone turned into a cyborg.

Whoa, xray... I really like this theory! I think that it would make perfect logical sense in the greater scheme of things, especially with what we know about [SPOILER]Michael Rosenbaum coming back as the TRUE Lex Luthor in the series finale.[/SPOILER] Nicely plotted -- that would make that mess of the middle of Season 8 a whole lot more comprehensible!

Comment

I really like the idea that the Lex in Requiem was just a clone and the real Lex is still out there.

Comment

folks for yrs been thinking the truck lex was a clone, which they could easily play up if they want to. personally been theory i was going with for a long time. before conner thing did happen i was thinking they were doing aging clone to be real lex. But we know that isnt the deal now with conner.

Comment

Even though the truck blowing up made Green Arrow look like a killer, the truck itself was rigged with explosives to make it look as though Clark caused the death of Lex. Clark looking like a killer is what Lex had planned.

Speaking of Toyman...........I wonder what happened to him since the Metallo project???

Comment

he was sent to jail. probably roiting in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
              I really like the idea that the Lex in Requiem was just a clone and the real Lex is still out there.
              Well, the idea is fact as of Scion.

Comment

Why does everybody act like the Lex in Requiem was a clone? It hasn't been officially confirmed, so until it has, it's just fanon. Besides, we just saw Lionel cut a deal of some sort with Darkseid. My money is that Lex really did die in that truck explosion, and Lionel's deal with DC's biggest devil will bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloning Blues
                  Why does everybody act like the Lex in Requiem was a clone? It hasn't been officially confirmed, so until it has, it's just fanon. Besides, we just saw Lionel cut a deal of some sort with Darkseid.
                  I actually got confused and thought the vial of ashes Tess gave Lionel was from the Requiem Lex because I thought they were talking about "the real Lex Luthor" when I first watched the episode. But then on my 2nd viewing, I noticed they were talking about Alexander & Tess was trying to make Lionel think that he died from rapid/unstable aging and gave him the ashes of one of the other clones who burned up in the fire at Cadmus Labs the evil Lex clone in Lazarus set.

Logically, it's still possible that Tess got the ashes from Lex's grave since the dead clones' bodies would have been cremated & disposed of after the events of Lazarus and Tess wouldn't have kept them because she had no idea the Lionel of Earth-3 would show up & come looking for Alexander (which didn't happen until Beacon). So the only source for Lex ashes for Tess would be the grave of Lex himself. And if it's true that the ashes are of Requiem-Lex, then the analysis that Lionel's staff gave him---that the ashes in the vial were those of a Cadmus Lex clone---means that the Requiem-Lex was himself an earlier Cadmus clone. But this is assuming that the writer's on this show use logic for plot development and not something ludicrous that Tess kept the ashes because she knew she would need them.

My money is that Lex really did die in that truck explosion, and Lionel's deal with DC's biggest devil will bring him back.
                  This is my biggest concern. In my opinion, this would be the dumbest/worst thing they can possibly do. This would negate the meaning of Smallville's Lex. It would mean that Smallville's Lex wasn't capable of keeping himself alive and needed outside forces like Lionel & Darkseid to make his future existence possible. It would make Smallville's Lex the weakest Lex ever depicted. If he can't even survive until Clark becomes Superman, then what is he worth? It would also make Smallville's Lex Darkseid's b---h because he would always be in debt to him. I do not want Lex ending up like that, but I'm 90% sure that this is what they will do to bring him back. Rather than showing that the real Lex Luthor never died & has been running around, using invisibility technology to stay hidden & learn the secrets of his enemies and was behind the VRA law, I'm almost certain that he will be revealed as having been dead and when he returns they will probably give him memory loss too, another slap in the face.

These are the 3 ways in which they could totally ruin the real Lex Luthor of Smallville as I posted in another thread:

There are 3 ways they can screw it up:

1. By revealing that the real Lex Luthor did in fact die in Requiem. The real Lex would never be sloppy enough to allow himself to be killed by Oliver Queen in such a manner.

2. By having Lex's return & existence be dependent on Lionel or Darkseid. In the comics Lex cloned himself & transplanted his brain into the clone's body, but this was all a result of Lex's own evil nature & his obsession with wearing the kryptonite ring. Even when he destroyed his original body in a plane that he programmed to crash, it was the real Lex who did it. By having Lionel or Darkseid be responsible for Lex's return, they will completely mess this up by proving that Smallville's Lex wasn't able to keep himself alive.

3. By Lex losing any of his memories. Lex's memories are a part of his identity. They decided to let him in on Clark's secret, so they should stick by their decision. Taking away any memories would greatly demean the character and nullify the purpose of the episodes in which his experiences that his lost memories are based on.

So the chances of these inept showrunners to avoid all 3 of these factors are extremely low in my opinion.

Comment

I don't mind whether he was a clone or cyborg as long as he wasn't the real lex. I hope the real lex is out there somewhere and the writers don't do something silly like making darkseid and lionel resurrect him.

Comment

Originally posted by computermaster
                      I don't mind whether he was a clone or cyborg as long as he wasn't the real lex. I hope the real lex is out there somewhere and the writers don't do something silly like making darkseid and lionel resurrect him.
                      Same here but like I said, I expect them to mess Lex up. That would be the icing on the cake of the downfall of the show from what it once was. After seeing how so much of this season has been executed, I have no confidence that the Lex resolution will be done properly.

Comment

I have OEN mroe theory No one seems to be mentioning

that truck explosion? Lex Luthor SURVIVED IT

writers will have to cover the mind-wipe scenario(OR MAYBE NOT SINCE IN REAL COMICS LEX does sometimes know who Supes is but denies it and doesnt care, thus never mentioning it, and even ignoring it sometimes, becoming more focused on "Superman" than whoever he is in public life.
                        )

but ya, maybe Lex SURVIVED

Comment

Lex would need powers to survive that. Or he would had to have been in another truck and had a decoy/clone Lex planted in the one that exploded. It would mean that Lex would have been the one we saw, but the one we saw wasn't the one in the truck that exploded since I don't think they showed that Lex at the exact moment the explosion actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            This is my biggest concern. In my opinion, this would be the dumbest/worst thing they can possibly do. This would negate the meaning of Smallville's Lex. It would mean that Smallville's Lex wasn't capable of keeping himself alive and needed outside forces like Lionel & Darkseid to make his future existence possible. It would make Smallville's Lex the weakest Lex ever depicted. If he can't even survive until Clark becomes Superman, then what is he worth? It would also make Smallville's Lex Darkseid's b---h because he would always be in debt to him. I do not want Lex ending up like that, but I'm 90% sure that this is what they will do to bring him back. Rather than showing that the real Lex Luthor never died & has been running around, using invisibility technology to stay hidden & learn the secrets of his enemies and was behind the VRA law, I'm almost certain that he will be revealed as having been dead and when he returns they will probably give him memory loss too, another slap in the face.

These are the 3 ways in which they could totally ruin the real Lex Luthor of Smallville as I posted in another thread:
                            Okay, let's be fair: being Darkseid's pawn still leaves you in some pretty distinguished company. It's happened to everybody at some point or another. And actually, it could still turn out awesome, especially if Lex found some way to cheat his way out of whatever debt Darkseid thinks he owes him.

Secondly, I hope "Requiem" Lex wasn't a clone. Because if he was that negates the entire point of the episode. Whatever you might think about how it was handled, the final collapse of Clark and Lana was a pivotal moment in the series, and to have anyone other than the real Lex Luthor behind it would seriously cheapen what emotion there was in it. It's also one of the few times that we see Lex acting like a legitimate supervillain. No whining about how his dad treated him, no "Clark didn't trust me," just pure unadulterated supervillainy. In "Requiem" Lex proved that even without his company, money, connections, and assets, stuck on an IV in the back of a truck and deprived of his very mobility, he was a lethal threat to the world's superheroes. He had them quaking in their boots when he was the one on life support.Take that away and what has Smallville's Lex done? Pulled a soap opera style fake pregnancy test on Lana, killed his dad in a temper tantrum, and been used by Brainiac. That's it. To justify him being the kind of threat this season has built him up to be, "Requiem" Lex needs to be the real deal.

And Lex wasn't behind the VRA. Godfrey and Darkseid were. And seriously, if Lex has been out there all this time and done nothing...what exactly does that say about his threat value. He knows Clark's secret, why isn't he on his front doorstep with Green K. Only the events of "Requiem" can justify that. Similarly, his soul was shown to be in some kind of limbo in an earlier episode. My best guess is Lex put himself there, and Darkseid isn't so much going to bring him back to life, as break him out. And it wouldn't be the first time Luthor has been in debt to darker forces. In the comics Luthor sold his soul to Neron in an effort to regain his mobility after his cloned body degenerated to the point of uselessness.

Dying in a truck explosion may not be a glorioius way to go. Yet he did a huge amount of damage in that episiode before he went. That fear in Clark's voice when he talks about Lex? It's because of "Requiem". If that wasn't the real Lex, than his threat value and his accomplishments drop to zero. And that's far worse character wise than being in debt to Darkseid.

Comment

I'm in the camp that wants Rosenbaum's return to be the real, original, never-having-died Lex.
                              I'm also still wondering why Ollie The Moral didn't turn himself in for murder. As far as he knows, as far as Clark and Company knows, or at least thinks, he did murder Lex.
                              Sounds to me the moral of Smallville is, if you're a friend of Clark's, you can get away with murder!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎