No announcement yet.

Was it really fate/destiny?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it really fate/destiny?

Yes, I know the writers of Supernatural want to put more emphasize on free will instead of fate or destiny, but...we both know Sam ended up giving the amulet to Dean, which was meant for John, and Dean ended up breaking the first seal, which was supposed to be John, and the necklace came from Bobby, who would have never known the Winchesters if Rufus wasn't around to show him the way, and that wouldn't have happened if Bobby's wife wasn't possessed. Demon or not, but...seriously now, could it all be destiny because of God? Now, we as fans should know that God didn't want the Apocalypse to happen since He WANTED the Winchesters to win, so, think about it...is it all fate after all?

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
    Yes, I know the writers of Supernatural want to put more emphasize on free will instead of fate or destiny, but...we both know Sam ended up giving the amulet to Dean, which was meant for John, and Dean ended up breaking the first seal, which was supposed to be John, and the necklace came from Bobby, who would have never known the Winchesters if Rufus wasn't around to show him the way, and that wouldn't have happened if Bobby's wife wasn't possessed. Demon or not, but...seriously now, could it all be destiny because of God? Now, we as fans should know that God didn't want the Apocalypse to happen since He WANTED the Winchesters to win, so, think about it...is it all fate after all?
    I'm still thinking that the Apocalypse was supposed to always happen but not prematurely. The destiny that was always meantioned from the angels was their idea and not God's. That's why he intervened so many times...

Comment

Even premature, nonetheless, God knew about it ages ago because he knows what will always happen.

Comment

That's why to me there is both free will & destiny. Everyone has their free will to do what they want, but in the end the destiny is that God knows how it will ultimately end up. So the free will of the characters eventually results in the destiny that God knew would always happen. Sure, God did lend a helping hand by resurrecting Castiel and putting the Winchesters on the plane in Sympathy For the Devil, but He did that in supporting those who practiced their free will in a way God approved of, such as the Winchesters & Castiel.

Comment

Michael saying there isn't free will is partly true, imo, but even he didn't know that free will is part of God's master plan. I hope the writers put more emphasize on that instead of "the Winchesters will always fight against angels, demons and God Himself".

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎