Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why the hell was Samuel resurrected (brought down from Heaven)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still feel like this is a plothole. Samuel being dead and no real meaning behind him being dead for years to be brought back. Just seems like he was there as a filler in the show. I love supernatural but to me the show really strayed a long way off from where it started. It started with season 4. Still great show but I don't enjoy as much as I did five years ago. Maybe before the season is over we will be told the reason Samuel was brought back. Hope it wasn't just for crowly to get info from him. He's a demon been around way longer then Samuel that makes no sense that he need Samuel for information on other demons and so on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

What's so difficult to understand though?

Crowley wanted Purgatory.

He needed a wise hunter that knew a lot more about monsters than he did, thus he found the "walking monster encyclopedia"(Samuel Campbell), brought him down from Heaven and made a deal that he'll bring back Mary if Samuel worked for him. Samuel gathered up the remaining Campbell family members, but with Crowley dead, Samuel just kept on hunting and seemed like he was too tired and wanted Dean to kill him in this episode.

Now...some may ask, "Why bring Sam back?", and my answer would simply be this: Crowley wanted Samuel Campbell to work for him, but I bet he had plans that he wanted other hunters to work for him, like Sam, Bobby and when the time came, even Dean(which worked for a little while because Dean wanted to save Sam by getting his soul back, and that probably would've worked for Bobby as well if Bobby hadn't done his homework to do whatever he could to get his soul back).

Now IF Crowley does return in "The Man Who Would Be King", then this "plot" might be further discussed.

Comment

I was disappointed with the Campbell storyline. They were pretty much just there to have Dean be the outsider.

And Gwen and the two other Campbells were used only as cannon fodder.

The only thing that can come out of this, is if the brothers get Mary back. Hopefully that isn't dropped.

Comment

I found there whole story pointless and a waste of time. Why resurrect them all only to kill them off all in one season. Waste of time if you ask me, at least if The Harvelle clan returned, it wouldn't feel forced, as we got to know them before.

Comment

All of them? Only Samuel Campbell was resurrected.

Comment

Here's a question: I wonder if Samuel went to hell? Something about his resurrection seemed fishy to me. He seemed like a very hardened man who must have been forced to sacrifice others for the greater good, several times over. Though I recall reading this question somewhere: if someone went to heaven and another person made a pact with a demon to bring him back, then does this mean there are angels working with the demons?

I thought the entire Campbell storyline was okay. It's just most of them seemed like small-time hunters whose jobs consisted of hunting down monsters every now and then. They were decent at combat and maybe even at survival but were likely no match against the Alphas, provided they even knew what those things actually were capable of. And compared against Sam and Dean, well... they probably came across as lame and maybe even cliched. But I thought it was okay because I don't like finding out that every Campbell member was very awesome, with no basis like training, ability to find information, good instincts, etc.

Comment

Well, let's run with the fact that Samuel made a pact/deal with Crowley, so, with Samuel dead, he probably did go to Hell as we've never seen someone go to Heaven after making a deal.

But, the characters may be dead, but I have a hunch we'll hear more about the Campbells and Samuel down the line for sure.

Comment

Oops, my mistake. I should've been clearer and more to the point: before Samuel was resurrected, was he in heaven or hell? And if he knew where he was, was he telling the truth or was he lying?

I know the 2 brothers had been in heaven before but God or someone wanted them to forget. So not sure whether this applied to Samuel or not: as in recalling his stay in heaven if he'd really been there.

And you are right, they'll likely be mentioned somewhere down the line.

Comment

I don't think Samuel is in Hell now because he didn't make a pact with Crowley in order to get resurrected. He was just somehow brought back, he didn't seem to know how, and then he worked for Crowley because Crowley offered him something extra. It looked more like indentured servitude or working off a debt than a pact. Also, he didn't get what he asked for. I could be wrong, it's just that pacts don't ordinarily require so much hard work on the part of the person who receives the benefit.

Of course, that all depends on whether or not Samuel was in Heaven to begin with. I used to lean toward him having been in Hell, but as I consider the issue, and after reading the other posts, I'm beginning to lean toward Heaven because the writers indicated in the past that John and Dean were the only righteous men in Hell. Unless there is something about Samuel that we don't know, I presume that he was righteous, so he couldn't have been there. Also, one of the reasons I thought he must have been in Hell was his behaviour, but he is the first person we have ever seen returned from Heaven, except for Sam and Dean, and it's possible that there are jerks in Heaven. On the other hand, he just seemed so twisted, and I don't see how spending 40 years in Heaven would cause someone to turn bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎