No announcement yet.

Bad English Stereotype

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad English Stereotype

Way to be subtle with the acting for the Brits. (terrible accent) "Well the chap's here now!" I mean. We got it with Big Ben.

Also. When SR did this scene, they mentioned Gotham. Mad at you, Smallville, I wanted it.

I missed hearing Callum Blues "Bluur" with his accent...we need more of that!

But yeah, the chap thing's a bit much. "The Blur's here! Jolly Good! Let's have some tea and all that! Yeah baby!"

Comment

LOL! Made me cringe!

Comment

I know! I was laughing when I heard "chap" but its great that he is there and going global!

Comment

I can't stand it. Isn't the actor Canadian anyway? And, if I remember correctly, he had no British accent in the morgue scene...it reminds me of when Madonna tried to say that her British "accent" was real because she lived in London for a time. Give me a break.

Edit: I thought y'all were talking about Desaad...LMAO.

Comment

I just liked "Isn't he supposed to be across the pond?"

duhhh...where was Clark again....?

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
              I can't stand it. Isn't the actor Canadian anyway? And, if I remember correctly, he had no British accent in the morgue scene...it reminds me of when Madonna tried to say that her British "accent" was real because she lived in London for a time. Give me a break.

Edit: I thought y'all were talking about Desaad...LMAO.

I thought his accent was pretty bad too. Why do they feel the need to make an actor have an accent when it is totally not necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by samanthalyn720
                I thought his accent was pretty bad too. Why do they feel the need to make an actor have an accent when it is totally not necessary?
                I know, right? It just makes the character he's portraying look even more pretentious than he already is...LOL

Comment

Ugh that just felt wrong, no one says chap or has that dodgy accent in the UK

Comment

Thank you! No-one over here has spoken like that since about 1850! We really do sound normal. They only needed an old fashioned policeman and a red bus to make it a totally over the top cliche! I expected more of you Smallville!

Comment

It was cool to see him in London, but that did make me laugh...does anyone in America actually believe us Brits talk like that?

Comment

I say old chap, jolly good show.

Comment

I loved the episode, but yeah... I hated the "British" accents. Do people genuinely think we talk like that?

Comment

English people say chap as often as Irish people say begorra. SUCH a cliche. Made me cringe. Do love that he's going global though. Question would be HOW if he can't FLY.

Comment

No-one over here has spoken like that since about 1850! We really do sound normal. They only needed an old fashioned policeman and a red bus to make it a totally over the top cliche! I expected more of you Smallville!
                              This. Have the Smallville producers never set foot in London or even seen a (recent) picture of it?

It was awful. Some people on here even defend the cheesiness of the show but this was real bad. And I disliked the out of date take on London with the Big Ben shot, the city does have other landmarks like the gherkin building and the london eye, which should have been included in the aerial shot, it would have felt more right and contemporary. Can't believe they were left out tbh.

Last edited by Tekken Force; 02-19-2011, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎