Collapse
No announcement yet.

How he dawns the glasses....Really? -_-

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone said Jeff recognized it was Clark... but he didn't. Not at first. He had to take a closer look to realize it was Clark who knocked into him. If Clark changes his demeanor, and lets people (like Jeff) walk all over him then yeah, it makes since that people would be like "Clark Kent is Superman/The Blur?? Yeah right!" You have to realize he's not just putting on a pair of glasses and combing his hair back. He's changing how he acts, how he walks, his whole persona. Okay, maybe he looks like Superman/The Blur... but he's so clumsy and uncoordinated. Superman/The Blur is perfect! There's just no way....

People see and believe what they want to see and believe. The idea that the nerdy, goofy looking reporter sitting next to you is actually the greatest hero the world has ever seen is so unbelievable. There are millions of faces in the world. So you see a guy who kinda looks like Superman, does that mean he is? No.

Comment

It's not like people couldn't have figured it out back then, it's not rocket science.

Comment

I haven't read any of the Superman comics nor have I seen any of the movies etc (I do plan on watching them after Smallville). From what I do know about the myth, is he uses his glasses as a disguise, I like that the Smallville team didn't change that, I think that is the one thing people not familiar and people who are familiar with the story know, I'm glad they stuck to it

Incomplete Ends You have to realize he's not just putting on a pair of glasses and combing his hair back. He's changing how he acts, how he walks, his whole persona. Okay, maybe he looks like Superman/The Blur... but he's so clumsy and uncoordinated. Superman/The Blur is perfect! There's just no way....
        agreed, 100%
        Last edited by lola dee; 02-19-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ship!
          One of the dumbest things done in the classic superman comic books was to make the reader believe that with only a pair of glasses and some goofiness/lack of coordination, that Clark kent could hide his true identity. That people could not tell Superman was Clark Kent solely because of confidence and that stupid hair style. Come on, this is 2011! We live in a different world, and I am sure if the original writers were alive today they would come up with something else to hide Clark's Identity. Lazy writers, Lazy episode, made to sense that with an upcoming doomsday, oh well...lalala...Lois and CLark are planning a wedding! Come on now.

Oh here is another good one, how come that bad guy in the morgue wasn't surprised that CK was able to find that tiny spot that he could only see with a magnifier? Just insulting!

And finally, why is smallville stealing ideas from other movies? Mr/Ms Jones???? COme on!!
          But consider how many mythos fans would have been pissed off if they had decided to go a different route without the glasses? There are certain things that even the Smallville Writers aren't going to risk. Not lazy. Just safe.

Comment

"EPIC FAIL!?" Yeah, right. This is the way that Superman has dealt with his secret identity for decades now, like they were really going to mess with it?

People complain that he doesn't have glasses and when he finally puts them on, they complain even more. Unbelievable.

Comment

You just can't please some people...

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                "EPIC FAIL!?" Yeah, right. This is the way that Superman has dealt with his secret identity for decades now, like they were really going to mess with it?

People complain that he doesn't have glasses and when he finally puts them on, they complain even more. Unbelievable.

So true.
                some people will always complain about the smallest things, and most of the time they complain about whats suppose to be and about what has been established.
                now i would get why some would have complained about the burton suits for superman lives but come on, clark starts to wear glasses and its made a into a big deal.

Comment

So an alien child crash lands on Earth after his home planet is destroyed, found and raised by humans, grows up with abilities to fly, x-ray and heat vision, super hearing, super strength, indestructable and practically invulnerable except from radioactive pieces of his homeworld. . . and somehow that is more believable than said person being able to fool the entire world as to his true identity with a pair of glasses, different hair style, and different demeanor.

Look, either you buy it or you don't. That's the way it's always been and you either buy into the fantasy of the entire story or you don't. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOfSteel87
                    Look, either you buy it or you don't. That's the way it's always been and you either buy into the fantasy of the entire story or you don't. Simple as that.
                    Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by mig
                      You just can't please some people...
                      Sure, bringing in Darkseid arc in to SV sure makes alot of sense to you..so be it! Major let down or writers and actors basically can't wait for this nightmare to be over already.

Comment

Hey bennyjr: love your choice of avatar

Let's go the opposite route....thinking about it, I remember meeting people whom I had come to know with glasses on all the time. The first time I saw them after they got contacts, I really didn't recognize them. 'Tis true....you see what you want to see.

Comment

The thing everyone forgets about the glasses is Superman does not wear a mask. Nobody would think he has a secret identity as he does not hide his face. As Superman doesn't hide his face no reasonable person would think Clark is anything other than some guy who looks like somebody famous.

I believe that is the reason the creators gave as to why the glasses work. Nobody is looking for Superman to have an alter ego, why would they?

Comment

bringing in Darkseid arc in to SV sure makes alot of sense to you..so be it! Major let down or writers and actors basically can't wait for this nightmare to be over already.
                            So, what's your "beef" then? First, you say that you can't believe no one could see past Clark's "disguise." Now, it's the Darkseid arc being a "major" let down?

Which is it? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just asking because I thought you opened the thread to talk about how silly you think it is that no one could tell that it's Clark behind the glasses and nerdy mannerisms?

Comment

So much contradiction in this version of CK. So first he is and as always been the Blurr, but if that was true, why would he need to change his behaviors or wear glasses to hide his persona? You either are who you say you are and not afraid to show your face in public...or you are this guy CK who hides behind glasses and goofy behaviors. Made no sense.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Aries83
                              So, what's your "beef" then? First, you hint that you can't believe no one could see past Clark's "disguise." Now, it's the Darkseid arc being a "major" let down?

Which is it? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just asking because I thought you opened the thread to talk about how silly you think it is that no one could tell that it's Clark behind the glasses and nerdy mannerisms?
                              No need to attack me personally. read my post below and you will see that I am still making the point about the glasses and the inconsistencies.
                              Last edited by The Ship!; 02-19-2011, 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So much contradiction in this version of CK. So first he is and as always been the Blurr,
                                This is the bit I found confusing with the episode. I thought Clark always felt that Clark Kent was who he was and Superman was only what he could do.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎