Television Ratings for "Masquerade"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now, Smallville is #1 on Amazon Video on Demand.

Other shows including other networks went down in the ratings this week. Not sure why but it isn't exclusive to Smallville. The good news is, when viewers aren't watching live, they still use other methods to watch SV.

Comment

The problem with Masquerade was that the stuff with Oliver and Chloe dragged too long here. It would have been a better episode if the focus was on Clark and Lois more.

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
        The problem with Masquerade was that the stuff with Oliver and Chloe dragged too long here. It would have been a better episode if the focus was on Clark and Lois more.
        Don't think so. Maybe it could attract some viewers.
        Clois had all season long, let chlollie be happy now.

Comment

Not surprised with the ratings. Chloe's return arc is so far very underwhelming. I'm bored every week. Even this episode that had some good scenes, still had too much Chloe and Oliver. It felt more like the Chlollie show than Smallville.

Comment

This Is the crap the CW pulled with taking Smallville off for rerun of Vampire Diaries.
            All 3 post doing this crap have seen decline In ratings and the CW IS doing nothing to
            promate Smallville.

Comment

TPTB seemed to overestimate the anticipation of Chloe's return. This isn't about blaming Chloe, it's about this being the last season and bringing the Superman myth finally to the front burner and yet a character who is more about his past and who is more affiliated with Oliver Queen is getting more screen time than Clark/Superman himself. Maybe next week the ratings will bounce back and the Chloe arc won't be a total flop. One can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by time bomb
                Yeah but with Clois being happy all season long they also drew in more viewers. The smart thing for them to have done would have been to have some good Chlollie moments but also given equally great Clark and Lois moments and advertised them. That way there's happy Chlollie, but also their central couple is getting the viewers that are wishy washy and watch when they hear there's going to be something big with Lois and Clark or see a preview or read an OD on the channel info thing that makes Clark or Lois or Clois, the central characters, seem really interesting. The last OD made it seem like the main focus of the episode was Chloe and Clark's SL while Clark would simply have some disguises suggested to him by Lois, nothing much kind of boring stuff. That's what appeared on my TV guide thing when I pressed info on the episode, the OD that was released.

Comment

I swear at times because of the CW's fickle past which includes last minute schedule changes viewers tend to forget to tune in at the eight o'clock time slot.

Comment

Yea the steady decrease in ratings is really reflective of the downturn this show has taken

Comment

I'm surprised the ratings, as of late, have been kind of anemic, but remember that ratings tend to go downward in February, March and April. The ratings will get stronger as it goes along since this is the final season, though.

Comment

Originally posted by time bomb

Clois deserve's all season long since its kind of the point of the Smallville story and........well its focus is Clark after all.

Fair enough people like Chloe and i can understand that but how it can take priority of Clark is beyond me.

Comment

I'm really not surprised in the downturn in the ratings for Smallville as of late.

When the season started we had promotions on CW about Clark's Destiny... his journey.. the obvious nods toward him being Superman.

Where exactly have these promos been as of late?

People are not going to tune in that are not already doing so unless they are enticed.

And what exactly is going to entice Non-Smallville Regulars to tune in? Promos with Chloe or Superman?

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                            I'm surprised the ratings, as of late, have been kind of anemic, but remember that ratings tend to go downward in February, March and April. The ratings will get stronger as it goes along since this is the final season, though.
                            Last season the Jan/Feb episodes actually averaged out better then the Sept-Nov ones(even if you don't factor Absolute Justice into the equation). Considering the amount of gimmicks they had the first half(200th episode, Teri Hatcher) I didn't expect these episode to be at that level, but I was expecting them to do a little better

Comment

+ don't forget the DVR :P

Comment

They don't really care about the ratings anymore do they? This is the last season...
                                Its not like there afraid they won't get another season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎