Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liked it? Hated it? What did you think of 'Like a Virgin'?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
    I agree and mother nature sounds so... not scary. And definitely not scary enough to top Luci goosey.
    But I'm not even worried about the main villain they have to defeat this season. The boys are back, they're not fighting and theres plenty of hugs and smiles. And the occasional hilarious grumpy-lovable appearance of Bobby.
    Yeah, I Know. But they wanted to make a new storyline including the monsters and about where they came from and etc. I think this "mother of all" will be pretty interesting. They will give out much about monsters/purgatory, always interesting IMO. I don't either think that this villain can top "Lucifer". But who could? =P

Comment

One of the funniest episodes ever!

The dramatic music when Dean was trying to get the sword out hahahahaha!

Dean on the phone to Bobby re dragons:

Dean: Make some calls.
      Bobby: To who, Hogwarts?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Dexter
      The best part of the episode was the return of the brothers' interaction.

"Do you think Batman tried to rape her?"
      That bit as well
      Last edited by WellingFan; 02-05-2011, 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I still chuckle every time I think of the sword scene.....I love when Jensen gets all flustered.....

"Comic Con" still hooting about that one....

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
          I wish they would have put some effort into the dragons though. An average Joe with glowing hands? Really?
          They also had wings!!!!

But, yah, I was hoping to see an actual dragon, or at least a human-sized dragon. But, what they did was meant to be a 21st century-esque dragon.

I don't know why they added the gold element though just because the dragons seemed like they didn't care about the gold. Just having it lay on the ground for Dean to take? Useless little detail, imo. But, at least Sam and Dean have some gold to get some extra cash...I doubt they've been playing pool or poker the last six months.

Hopefully the next time the Mother appears, she will look more threatening than a virgin vessel.
          I think they will of course show Mother's abilities, but right now, what we saw, was perfectly creepy as a teaser of the new big bad. I was hoping for the Mother to pop the dragon's neck after she mentioned "You kept me waiting", but maybe we'll have to wait to finally see Mother's wrath. But, as a virgin vessel, I love the irony with the Mother having birthed all of those monsters...hopefully Dean calls her loose during a confrontation.

Speaking of Mother...I still say it's Mother Nature, but also with a name after some research on my own - Gaea.

And I voted for '10', and I can see how some would say '9' or MAYBE '8'...but, who are the two that voted for '7'? Not cool....you should be ashamed of yourselves, lol.
          Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-06-2011, 01:09 AM.

Comment

to the critisism on the dragon: i understand your frustration and yearning to see an actual dragon on supernatural, and they did try with the shadow of a large dragon and the wings, etc, but honestly im happy they didn't go full blown dragon. that much cgi would pretty much spend their budget for half the season which could be better used later on for other things, so in my opinion it worked out well

maybe later on they will turn into dragons, perhaps for the finale

only problem in the end with the series is that it is a tv series, not a movie. wish sometime in the future that tv series get movie budgets

Comment

I just got to say....I'm SO glad the real Sam is back!!

Comment

What a way to start back up after a super long break. I loved it!

Comment

Hey everyone, so I saw this Saturday night and am ready to talk about it.

The road so far, that was a nice catch up. And of course Sam was sleeping! He hasn't slept in over a year! His body must have almost gone into shock.

Cas being all pissy and yelling at Dean "If you wanted to kill your brother you should have done it outright." Meow, Castiel. Sheath those claws, hon.

Sam awakens and we get a hug (and how different from Dean and Sam's reunite hug in EOMS). Bobby gets a hug too. Awww.

Sam. Eating. OMG. Is it Apocalypse time again?

Annnnnnnnnnd once again secrets and lies between the boys. That made me sad but I get why Dean was doing it. Still, you'd think by now he's know that it never ends well.

Sam joining Dean on the hunt, thinking Dean didn't keep his promise and then finding out about Lisa and Ben. And Dean cranking up the tunes ("driver picks the music...").

I almost squeed out loud at empathetic!Sam's return and how Sam got them in the house. But even better was Dean's big grin.

Who noticed the "Big Az" take out bag? I have to wonder if that is a Canadian place or if they made it up? Either way it's funny!

Anyone else think the writer had just seen Monster Squad, with the "it doesn't count!" line. Totally flashed on the scene from MS.

Sam starting to remember and Bobby's chili (heh, his spoon was standing straight up like it was stuck. Very cute little touch.).

And I found it ironic that Dean called Sam a nerd yet kept making references to Hogwarts, Middle Earth and Comic Con. Whose really the nerd, Dean?

So the dragon is a weredragon? Or some kind of shapeshifter? Interesting.

Oooooo, a former flame of Bobby's? I hope we get to see more of her, she seems pretty rockin'. Also, he definitely has a thing for blondes, doesn't he?

Wait, Excalibur exists in the SPN universe? *tries not to go splody with happiness*

Dean's attempts to pull out the sword were classic Jensen (we need to see the gag reel of that, I'm thinking). And Dean you little pyro, you definitely got way too much enjoyment out of blowing it up.

Cas going in for the hug and Sam backing off. Yeah, nobody gets to hug our Sam except Dean (ok, and Bobby)! I found myself wondering if Sam didn't have residual anger over how Cas treated him during the Robo!Sam year.

And look, sneaky!Sam is back, using Cas to find out the past. And Sam looked so hurt that Dean hadn't told him.

Dean stealing some gold--hey, no having to do credit card scams this month!--another weredragon, the blade works and the one escapes.

Sam sorry and the confrontation.

Hey, did anyone else's screen go black for a few seconds right after that scene? Mine did and I didn't know if it was feed or what?

Oh look, you open the door to Purgatory by sacrificing virgins. How Crowley would have loved that! And the rising of the Mother of all Monsters (which yeah, I was thinking Echinda but we'll see).

But mostly this just felt like a wonderful return to form. The boys working their case with an overarching mystery above, Dean doing the quips, Sam being emo and a sprinkling of Cas (but not too much) to top it off.

Supernatural is back, baby, in more ways than 1!

Comment

Originally posted by oldfan
                    Boy was the reveal of the villainess ever a let-down (although the hole to Purgatory was one of the better special effects they’ve done). That actress better show some serious charisma later on; there are lots of older actresses with much more gravitas that would work so much better as “the mother of all monsters.”
                    I loved the episode and I thought it was a great introduction of this new villian, but I completely agree with the above. Granted, she only really muttered one line, but I just thought it was somewhat anticlimactic. I am hoping this villain will be able to occupy another virgin or something, or this one gets better, but I wasn't terribly happy by it.

Other than that though, the whole episode was what we've all come to expect from this show, Sammy and Dean goodness.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎