Television Ratings for "Collateral"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a long repeat layoff, the CW’s Smallville (2.4 million avg. viewers) and Supernatural (2.3 million avg. viewers) each scored a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating, even with their last new episodes in December.
    From TV by the numbers
    Last edited by nattanop; 02-05-2011, 09:30 AM. Reason: Adding the source

Comment

i guess it's not too bad... i was expecting more!

thanks for posting the numbers, nattanop!

Comment

nice find on ratings right around the 2.5 mark which is good. Not bad for return. Next week definately will be higher with annette and john glover back.

Comment

@MattMitovich: #SMALLVILLE returns to 2.37 million viewers, smallest audience since "Supergirl" :-/
          Last edited by PrincessKent; 02-05-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessKent
            @MattMitovich: #SMALLVILLE returns to 2.37 million viewers, smallest audience since "Supergirl" :-/
            For me this is not a surprise since people were expecting the show to come back a lot sooner. I thought that would hurt. I think it could have been much worse.

Comment

Yeah, good numbers. Not bad at all. Nice to see people pay attention despite the CW's irrational moves.

Comment

If we go by TVByTheNumbers'... well... number, I was right for once!

Comment

Originally posted by djc
                  EW article on ratings

I think the ratings would've been higher. A lot of people were complaining there dvr's wouldn't or didn't record the episode.

Do the producers make money on projected ratings?
                  I know that my DVR wasn't scheduled to record Collateral because it was a "repeat" from last week. I had to program it to record last night's episode. I've seen alot of people say that their DVR's didn't record the episode due to the network's switch last week, and the DVR saying the episode was already recorded when it was TVD.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by nattanop
                  Not bad considering what happened last week and the last minute switcharoo. I think once people hear that new episodes are airing again the numbers will go up next week.
                  Last edited by Yesterday; 02-05-2011, 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

haha ya craig, ratings were still a solid return figure. Now we can hope for higher numbers in upcoming episodes. Where u get matt's ratings figures, when to his twitter and refreshed it a few times and it still not showing up there.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                      nice find on ratings right around the 2.5 mark which is good. Not bad for return. Next week definately will be higher with annette and john glover back.

Guest stars have shown to have no effect whatosoever on the ratings especially this season, with sometimes ratings even tanking in their presence, (Hostage s9 with martha and perry was lowly rated).

Supergirl- kara returns: 2:30 ( fall from shield 2.38)
                      Ambush- Lucy and sam lane: 2: 63 ( fall from harvest 2.96)
                      Patriot - aquaman returns: 2:60 (fall from abodoned 2:90)
                      Collateral Chloe and BC return ( fall from Icarus 2:55 although guest stars return in this one but was lower than luthor..........)

.........I could go on and on, but returning guest stars are no guarantee to better ratings, people are just looking for a good story IMO.

Anyway i was expecting more from collateral since it was really hyped and chloe was returning.
                      Last edited by BlueRanger; 02-05-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

well we do have to remember the whole delayed fiasco probably did factor into things too. But its still solid number returning on 2.4mill. we maintain between 2.3-3.0 all season which is good.

Comment

Good rating for Collateral that rounds off to 2.4, but it was lower than Icarus.

Comment

I think Smallville's ratings were actually fantastic this week. Especially when you consider things like Gossip Girl got only 1.4 million for a NEW episode... SV is still at the top of the CW crop. No need to fret over a 100,000 viewer drop... considering months of break, and the stunt the CW pulled last week, it is to be expected.

Comment

Not bad for its return.. Lets wait till next week to see if it rises or falls.. Cause all the bad episodes seem to be hindering the next weeks episode.. If u look at the declines..

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRanger
                                Patriot - aquaman returns: 2:60 (fall from abodoned 2:90)
                                It should be pointed out Abandoned had Teri Hatcher

Originally posted by McFly
                                Not bad for its return.. Lets wait till next week to see if it rises or falls.. Cause all the bad episodes seem to be hindering the next weeks episode.. If u look at the declines..
                                So you saying Isis was great since Harvest went way up? and Luthor was bad since Icarus went down?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎