No announcement yet.

Delana; Over It!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delana; Over It!

Before I get any Delena lovers complaining, I do like Damon, but the show has became "the Damon show" and that, to me, I'm completely uninterested when Damon pops up. It seems like its hall about him and it's because of the Delena fans, they complain and complain so loud that other opinions can't be heard. I'm not only talking about the people here, I'm mean the fans in general. I honestly don't care who Elena or any of the characters actually end up with as long as it feels organic and natural but this, Delena just doesn't feel natural, just forced like Jenna and Alaric. I just have to say that I'm so over it and it hasn't started yet, I hope they never get together and Damon needs less screen time. how many characters have miss out on amazing story lines this season, there is a reason why Alaric and Jenna's relationship feel forced, they just suddenly got together out of the blue because the "Elena and Damon" story took over. Sorry I just had to say my two cents on the matter!

I've never been on board with the Damon/Elena ship. I agree, it would seem forced. I know most fans want it, so we'll eventually see it, and that's about the time I'll stp watching.
    As far as Damon's screentime, it seems he is getting LESS than before because of all the new characters coming aboard. Ian has the male lead role, we're supposed to see alot of him!

Comment

Eh. Okay. Your belief.

As a Delena fan, I wouldn't hate on you and wish death for your grandchildren, , like some crazy fans probably would . I am going to admit that the 'i love you' bit from him to Elena was surprising. But I'm not complaining.

I hope that they don't move their relationship too fast so that it seems unnatural to me as well.

And Ian doesn't have the male lead role, as much as I would wish. I think both brothers do.

Comment

I like Elena with Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
          I like Elena with Matt.

Unfortunately for Elena to be with a vampire forever she'd have to die...so it really is better for her to be with a human.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

I do think Damon has taken too much screentime. While I enjoy Damon's character...lately he's been dominating the show. The show has been following Damon rather than Elena. And Stefan is barely there anymore...

The show has been a reaction to what happens around Damon rather than what happens to Elena.
          Last edited by Sugar; 05-06-2011, 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have no problem with Damon screen time. I love me some Damon...

With that said, I'm not much for Delena. To me the writers have taken it a different direction. There is little to no hint that Elena is even attracted to Damon. She cares for Damon, but she's not attracted to him let alone in love with him. In the books Elena was more torn between the brothers because she was attracted to the both of them for different reasons.

My opinion on that may have been different if I felt like Elena had an attraction for Damon. The actors have a great chemistry together to be honest. But the writing and direction make me against this match up.

What I'd actually like to see is Damon at least slightly move on from Elena. I think he may have had that chance with Rose if they didn't kill that character off. I'd like to see Damon acknowledge that there may be another women out there for him. I get tired of him pining for Elena, when he has the capability of being a stronger character.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Sugar
            I do think Damon has taken too much screentime. While I enjoy Damon's character...lately he's been dominating the show. The show has been following Damon rather than Elena. And Stefan is barely there anymore...

The show has been a reaction to what happens around Damon rather than what happen to Elena.
            I have noticed that Stefan hasn't had as much screen time. And actually I didn't mind. Stefan is gradually losing my interest, when I do see him, I find myself distracting and wondering what's going on with the other storylines.

That may be a bias opinion though because I'm much more of a fan of Ian. He's the reason I even watched this show.
            Last edited by UnDoable; 02-26-2011, 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Damon & elena has progressed very well imo, we saw them going from strangers, enemies, frenemies, friends to lo.......well where they are now. There was development.

If you have ever seen a forced & contrived relationship its called Smallville chollie. it stands for everything you mentioned.

I dont like how unreal Bonnie & jeremy look , Elena & Stefan happened out of the blue, 2 minute of meeting each other, baam they are soulmates. no real development to even care why those two are supposed to be the IT of the show.

Comment

Delena > Bonnie and Elena's little brother

Comment

Originally posted by MarvelXY
                  Damon & elena has progressed very well imo, we saw them going from strangers, enemies, frenemies, friends to lo.......well where they are now. There was development.

If you have ever seen a forced & contrived relationship its called Smallville chollie. it stands for everything you mentioned.

I dont like how unreal Bonnie & jeremy look , Elena & Stefan happened out of the blue, 2 minute of meeting each other, baam they are soulmates. no real development to even care why those two are supposed to be the IT of the show.
                  I'm not saying there hasn't been progression between them. I just don't see it as a falling in love progression. I see Damon's struggling with his feelings for her. But I see her shooting him down romantically. She may see him as a loved one, as she sees Bonnie, Caroline, Jeremy, Matt etc. But she's in love with Stefan. Right now Damon's romantic love for Elena is unrequited. Katherine shows more of a sexual attraction to Damon then Elena does. And they are both in love with Stefan. Again I wouldn't mind Damon finding another love interest. The love quadrangle is starting to bore me.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDoable
                    I'm not saying there hasn't been progression between them. I just don't see it as a falling in love progression. I see Damon's struggling with his feelings for her. But I see her shooting him down romantically. She may see him as a loved one, as she sees Bonnie, Caroline, Jeremy, Matt etc. But she's in love with Stefan. Right now Damon's romantic love for Elena is unrequited. Katherine shows more of a sexual attraction to Damon then Elena does. And they are both in love with Stefan. Again I wouldn't mind Damon finding another love interest. The love quadrangle is starting to bore me.
                    You see, if the show follows, at least a bit, what the books settled for Delena you surely wouldn´t saying this... In the very ending of the saga´s books not only Damon declared his love for Elena (which he never had done before) but Elena also declares HER love for him... In a way that even Stefan is ashamed of not knowing and kinda blockinh her of showing this love.. She was, even, willing to die for Damon
                    And I hope that happens in the show as well coz Delena has so much chemistry, romance and all btw them then has Stefan/Elena couple...
                    Last edited by rej@ne; 03-29-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Delena, over it..........yeah me too...lol but I am a book reader so I'm probably influenced because of that

Comment

I am a big Damon fan but I like Elena with Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by UnDoable
                          I have no problem with Damon screen time. I love me some Damon...

With that said, I'm not much for Delena. To me the writers have taken it a different direction. There is little to no hint that Elena is even attracted to Damon. She cares for Damon, but she's not attracted to him let alone in love with him. In the books Elena was more torn between the brothers because she was attracted to the both of them for different reasons.

My opinion on that may have been different if I felt like Elena had an attraction for Damon. The actors have a great chemistry together to be honest. But the writing and direction make me against this match up.

What I'd actually like to see is Damon at least slightly move on from Elena. I think he may have had that chance with Rose if they didn't kill that character off. I'd like to see Damon acknowledge that there may be another women out there for him. I get tired of him pining for Elena, when he has the capability of being a stronger character.
                          ITA with all of this.

Comment

I could root for either Stefan/Elena or Damon/Elena. I am torn. There have been conventional ships I rooted for in the past (Ryan/Marissa, Dawson/Joey, Jack/Kate), but usually if a show involves multiple ships for a main character, I tend to root for the more unconventional one. That is why I am surprised I have been able to get behind Stefan/Elena as much as I have. I still find them compelling to watch. However, as I said before, I also really like Damon and Elena. I think that they have awesome chemistry and you can see Elena's feelings under the surface. The only reason why I would be against them getting together is because they are trying to change who Damon is. He works better as a wildcard then as a lovesick puppy. Another Damon ship I could get behind would be Damon and Bonnie.

Here is a Damon/Elena video I put together to try and showcase the chemistry they have. The song is Saliva's Bleed for Me which could be their theme. Especially from Damon's POV. Select 720p for the best viewing experience.

Last edited by vyperman7; 08-05-2011, 04:57 AM.

Comment

I'm a big delena fan and always will be

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎