No announcement yet.

#1.13 "No Ordinary Detention"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dotsie23
    That's for sure! I'm wondering what's going to happen to Stephanie now that the Mystique-knockoff has seen her use her powers? and Stephanie didn't seem to be worried about it either.
    I must admit, I was puzzled by her lack of concern that someone might have learned about her powers. She didn't seem anxious to tell Jim what happened. I hope the next ep their is a scene between Stephanie and Katie where Stephanie is questioning why someone wanted to impersonate her.

Comment

This was a great episode. Since the episode with the in-laws, they keep getting better. I have high hopes for this show. Great writing, cool action, and a lot of heart. Starting to be one of my favorite shows, along with smallville, v, the walking dead, stargate universe, and the cape.

I forgot True Blood and Boardwalk Empire!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
        We got the Breakfast Club vibe and Die Hard. What is the third one?
        Tv show Friends Jim said 'how you doing' that's Joey's catch phrase.

I though Natalie's reason to dump JJ was stupid even though I don't find JJ likable. For a character that's as smart as she is, she dumps him because she claims he'll slow her down.When he's shown her to be just as smart if not smarter than her.Even when JJ offers to help her out with studying she still turns him down.

I'm willing to bet Natalie's real reason for dumping him is he caused her to get detention.I know it was purposely set up so that the high school characters would get detention.But where is the logic in JJ texting Natalie in class? He has the IQ to be an under graduate,but when he's in class. Instead of focusing on what the teacher is teaching he texts his girlfriend.Also what was Hailey's reason for getting detention does she just show up because she likes it?

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
          Tv show Friends Jim said 'how you doing' that's Joey's catch phrase.

I though Natalie's reason to dump JJ was stupid even though I don't find JJ likable. For a character that's as smart as she is, she dumps him because she claims he'll slow her down.When he's shown her to be just as smart if not smarter than her.Even when JJ offers to help her out with studying she still turns him down.

I'm willing to bet Natalie's real reason for dumping him is he caused her to get detention.I know it was purposely set up so that the high school characters would get detention.But where is the logic in JJ texting Natalie in class? He has the IQ to be an under graduate,but when he's in class. Instead of focusing on what the teacher is teaching he texts his girlfriend.Also what was Hailey's reason for getting detention does she just show up because she likes it?
          I think girls are JJ's Kryptonite. He fails to use logic when he is around them so that explains him doing dumb things like texting during class. I'm not sure why Hailey ended up in detention but it feels like a set up for her going after JJ. In detention she mentioned the person who dumped Bill Gates in 9th grade is kicking herself. That is why she kissed him at the end. I think she will be going after JJ because she thinks he might have a successful future.

Comment

I was thinking about the danger zones going on here! Victoria knowing about Stephanie's powers and she'll eventually report it to Dr. King, The woman from IA who saw Jim use his powers! although the cool thing about her was that she didn't turn Jim in because she told him he's a hero, and now Josh doesn't want Katie to tell anyone about his powers! I don't know how they're all going to keep any of this leaking out to the wrong people.

Comment

George: "Bruce Willis would've never gotten out of there alive if he didn't have that black dude helping him. Jim, let me be your black dude."

Great episode. Loved the Die Hard references and jokes and the Breakfast Club gag. And I'm not positive but that sort of sounded like the Twilight Zone theme music playing when they showed the 2 Katies next to each other the first time.

No Ordinary Family is what I like to call "Heroes Lite". It has many of the same elements that Heroes did except in a lighter/less serious tone. It's also got a lot in common with Kyle XY.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                George: "Bruce Willis would've never gotten out of there alive if he didn't have that black dude helping him. Jim, let me be your black dude."

Great episode. Loved the Die Hard references and jokes and the Breakfast Club gag. And I'm not positive but that sort of sounded like the Twilight Zone theme music playing when they showed the 2 Katies next to each other the first time.

No Ordinary Family is what I like to call "Heroes Lite". It has many of the same elements that Heroes did except in a lighter/less serious tone. It's also got a lot in common with Kyle XY.
                George was great in this episode. He has excellent comedic timing, and I just love that he's such a great friend.

I think "Heroes Lite" is the perfect label for No Ordinary Family. It does have similar elements to the show, and like Heroes, it has some former Smallville producers, which also gives it elements of early SV (IMO, of course). It definitely is its own show, but I can't help but feel a hint of nostalgia (for Smallville) sometimes.

Comment

Dumb week off out of nowhere... lol

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaBowserSSBM
                    Dumb week off out of nowhere... lol
                    Is there a new show next week?

Comment

It looks like there will be. With what happened to SV this week who really knows though lol... Letting us hang off that cliff a little longer.

Comment

Add another week to that... lol... but at least there were previews after last nights episode.

Comment

I really liked this episode quite a bit. This series has grown on me a lot since it started. Hope it gets to continue.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎