Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Serpent's Tooth?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode. I think this show is a nice brake from traditional TV fair and has some really smart moments. I'll keep watching.

Comment

I love the second episode of the second season. Anna is slowly losing control and Mama Diana is noticing it. When will Diana get out of her prison and become the evil alien queen that she meant to be.

Comment

I see I'm not the 'sole' person who was irked by the butchering of the 'soul' stuff... So, so lame the way they handled it. And completely over-killed with the repetitive overuse of the word itself. I guess there's no room for subtlety in this show, it's pure brainless popcorn. heh

If you want to see a much better handling of "the soul" in sci-fi, check out Dark City. Great film. Anna and her soul talk, seeing it as something unique to humans and stuff, was very reminiscent of the Strangers.

Also wanted to mention, it's funny how the cute brown chick was typecast from Battlestar. I only started watching BG recently so I'm doing things backwards, but she played an "undercover alien b**** in human skin" there too (except instead of an alien she was a robot). Also wanted to criticize the way the actress was speaking this episode in particular. She was trying way too hard to sound tough or gruff or butch or whatever you want to call it...tone it down, woman, tone it down...heh. Bah, blame the director.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 01-14-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I rewatched the episode, and the book plays into how Hobbes found the car registration. He's looking at it and pulls a piece of paper out. Turns out to be the car registration.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
            I see I'm not the 'sole' person who was irked by the butchering of the 'soul' stuff... So, so lame the way they handled it. And completely over-killed with the repetitive overuse of the word itself. I guess there's no room for subtlety in this show, it's pure brainless popcorn.

this may help :-

"Inspired by Sinclair Lewis anti-fascist novel It Can't Happen Here (1935), director–producer Kenneth Johnson wrote an adaptation titled Storm Warnings, in 1982. The script was presented to NBC for production as a television mini-series, but the NBC executives rejected the initial version, claiming it was too "cerebral" for the average American viewer. To make the script more marketable, the American fascists were re-cast as man-eating extraterrestrials, taking the story into the realm of science fiction"

I like the soul thing going on. reminds me of the spirit of man from war of the worlds...

dark city..... sound film :-)

Comment

Good

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍