Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings for "Red Rain"

Any predictions for the ratings tonight?

Gonna go with 8 million here. Though I think V is a lot more appealing than the Biggest Loser and that Paul Abdul show. :P Hopefully the rest of the world agrees.

Praying it gets enough to start the ball rolling for abc to consider picking it up for a 22 episode Season 3!!!!!

Comment

I'll guess low because it is science fiction on a network channel
      in a world that is brainwashed by endless reality shows,
      stupid comedy sitcoms, and teenibopper shows on vampires
      and cheerleaders.

7 Million

Comment

I'm lowballing with 6 million, so I can be surprised and elated if it's more. It's how I roll.

Comment

Yea I'm gonna go with 6-7 million.

Comment

Can't count on big chunks of Ohio and Arkansas watching tonight since Ohio State is playing Arkansas in Sugar Bowl the same time V is on..

Comment

hopefully it got great ratings. the only other thing on that it was competing against was the biggest looser.

Comment

I'll be conservative and guess:

6.23 million in total viewers
                2.4 in 18-49 rating

Comment

7 million?

I know my mother gave her ratings to Biggest Loser, but I was glued to V, thank you very much :P

Comment

According to Visitorsite.net:

V came in third place in its timeslot on Tuesday night, as far as overnight-ratings go.

TVByTheNumbers reports that the premiere got 6.58 million viewers, with a 2.1/5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. It came behind the premieres of The Biggest Loser and Live To Dance which had a little over 9 million and 10 million viewers, respectively.

This, I think, is fairly positive (and I'm actually relieved that more viewers showed up than I thought) considering the eight month hiatus and the reality TV competition (which included The Biggest Loser, which always does well and Paula Abdul's new dance show). Reality shows are always going to be bigger because there's more of a chance the audience will watch LIVE and with Paul being on CBS, those older folks without DVRs are watching LIVE.

More viewers showed up for "Red Rain" than "Red Sky" (up 12%), despite the dip from a 2.3 to a 2.1 in the demo.

If I was ABC, I would be happy if V could hold steady and maybe add a few more. If they could get in the 7 million rage and build that demo a little, I think it'll be okay. The worry will be if there is a decline and it stays low, but honestly? From reading fan reactions from the premiere, I think most people are jazzed about the season and will stick around. At least, that's my hope, anyway.
                    Last edited by savingpeoplething; 01-05-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I read somewhere that "Red Rain" came in around 6.5 million with preliminary 2.1 in 18-49 (which is around its average from last spring). This is about the same amount of viewship that the series had when it came back from that awful 4-episode only hiatus.

EDIT: Rebecca and I posted at the exact same time. Her report is more complete.

Comment

Ha! I try, Lightning_Strykez!.

I think this shows that there is a following that stayed with the show and it grew a little bit and I think ABC has to be happy with that. Because an eight month haitus is brutal and to succeed, you have to have people who are going to come back. I'm hoping that 6million+ stays with the show throughout the season.

ABC is already bragging about being #1 in the key demo, so that's positive

V also slaughtered Million Dollar Drop on FOX, with having TWICE the viewership.

We also have to remember that V's numbers could go up once DVR is factored in.

Comment

@ SPT:

Yes, I agree. Ya know, from the very beginning our little show here has shown tremendous resilience againsts the odds. V has never had it easy and she continues to overcome all sorts of obstacles and stupid little network @#$&% that would normally kill any other show. Yet this one continues to endure and even grow. I think the best is yet to come.

Where is ABC bragging at? I'd love to read that. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Strykez!
                            from the very beginning our little show here has shown tremendous resilience againsts the odds. V has never had it easy and she continues to overcome all sorts of obstacles and stupid little network @#$&% that would normally kill any other show. Yet this one continues to endure and even grow. I think the best is yet to come.
                            I agree. V had that 4 month hiatus that killed a ton of momentum, then it came back and had a great finale which people loved, which has encouraged folks to watch, even despite ANOTHER horrendous haitus that was double what they had to go through before.

I think it helps that ABC likes what Rosenbaum presented to them for Season 2 and I think ABC will fight for the show as long as they can. We have to do our parts as fans by watching LIVE (and DVRing) and getting new folks to watch. If there are 6 million of us and we all got ONE person (just ONE!) that hadn't watched before to watch now, we could double the audience into LOST numbers.

It's tough for any scripted show to beat reality shows (it's possible, but very rare), so I'm pleased with how well V did last night.

Originally posted by Lightning Strykez!
                            Where is ABC bragging at? I'd love to read that. LOL
                            Here, in their Press Release

Comment

Reading the press release. Niiiiiice.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍