Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1.11 "No Ordinary Friends"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoying the episode. I like Rick Schroder!

Comment

ya pretty good episode.

dang tookl a bullet and didnt even have powers.

Comment

When Katie picked up Stephanie's book at the end of the ep, I was like "Oh no Katie, don't get yourself killed." Also felt bad for her that she just gave herself to a bad guy.

Comment

That was an... interesting episode. I have mixed opinions on it. Stephanie getting so drunk that she almost gave away her secret that easily? Not cool. JJ punching that dude in the face to look cool for Chess-Girl? Pretty cool, actually. Especially since that's what the guy actually wanted him to do! Daphne getting back MOST of her memories? Cool. Not having a clue about Joshua, though? Not so cool. I hope she regains SOME memory of what happened. Joshua leaving evil-scientist-Reverend-Camden? Very cool. Katie giving herself freely to him and then finding out about some of his nefarious deeds? SO not cool. Katie had better not die over this. I can't see Joshua letting her get killed, but still, she is majorly caught in the crossfire right now, and I don't know how things are going to work out for her. Daphne running for student body president? Way cool! Even if she was sort of cheating by using her powers... but the evil girl deserved it. The thief lady? Cool. I really liked that actress on 24, so it was neat to see her here again. Ricky Schroeder's character? Pretty cool... not sure if they'll ever bring him back again, but he was okay. So yeah, all in all, it was a fairly good episode with a few bumps in the road. I'm still very anxious to see where it all leads!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
            When Katie picked up Stephanie's book at the end of the ep, I was like "Oh no Katie, don't get yourself killed." Also felt bad for her that she just gave herself to a bad guy.
            I'm actually thinking he'll turn out to be a good guy because of Katie and of course they kill him off because it's too predictable....that's why I hope they go the opposite direction.

I just that Daphne's lack of memory was a quick fix...Stephanie saying it was a mental breakdown or something to the effect and than them put their hands out while Daphne replayed the last few months was too rushed just for an episode that was mild for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
              Enjoying the episode. I like Rick Schroder!
              Did you notice he's back to Ricky Schroder now

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              I'm actually thinking he'll turn out to be a good guy because of Katie and of course they kill him off because it's too predictable....that's why I hope they go the opposite direction.

I just that Daphne's lack of memory was a quick fix...Stephanie saying it was a mental breakdown or something to the effect and than them put their hands out while Daphne replayed the last few months was too rushed just for an episode that was mild for the most part.
              I was thinking the same thing! No one walks away from Dr. King without winding up dead! I'm hoping Dr. Hill will see how valuable the Watcher is to him and won't have something done to him only, who would it be if the Watcher were to be killed?
              Last edited by dotsie23; 01-04-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

It does seem like they are going the direction of having him wanting to be good because of Katie. Even if he tries to be a good guy, I think he still should pay for his crimes just like the lady thief is still going to jail for her crimes. He has killed many people and not all were bad guys like the lady cop. She was someone's daughter and maybe someone's sister who had people who cared about her.

Comment

It does seem like they are going the direction of having him wanting to be good because of Katie. Even if he tries to be a good guy, I think he still should pay for his crimes just like the lady thief is still going to jail for her crimes. He has killed many people and not all were bad guys like the lady cop. She was someone's daughter and maybe someone's sister who had people who cared about her.
                  The thing I liked about Josh was his encounter with Dr. King he did express remorse about doing those "things" for Dr. King. I'm not sure if he should be redeemed at this point but, it does look like he knows what he did was wrong and he did say he no longer wanted those powers because of the killings at Dr. King's orders.

Comment

Originally posted by dotsie23
                    The thing I liked about Josh was his encounter with Dr. King he did express remorse about doing those "things" for Dr. King. I'm not sure if he should be redeemed at this point but, it does look like he knows what he did was wrong and he did say he no longer wanted those powers because of the killings at Dr. King's orders.
                    I agree I also liked Josh's encounter with Dr. King and him showing remorse. I am surprised he didn't seem more worried about what Dr. King might do to him and to Katie. Dr. King has shown that he is willing to have people killed who go against him. I wonder how Josh is going to protect Katie because it does seem like he has fallen in love with her.

Maybe if his change of heart happened in a different ep, I might not be so hung up on him paying for his crimes. Because on other shows, I have given people slack for their past actions when they turn good. But after watching a mom who loves her kids being handcuffed to her bed for the crime of being a thief makes it hard for me to accept him going free after murdering people.
                    Last edited by SteelyGal; 01-05-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I think Josh will protect Katie from Dr. King but, I'm also afraid that's going to come at a price. Now that Katie found Stephanie's journal in Josh's coat pocket I wonder if she'll be forgiving even if Josh comes clean and tells her about himself?

It's like having to choose between the lesser of two evils...On the one hand I saw a mom who had lost her job and turned to robbery to support her family only to be shot by her accomplice and then sent to the hospital handcuffed to the bed. She will spend time behind bars and will only see her family occasionally. I saw Josh and even though I felt the same way about him committing those crimes that resulted in the deaths of several people, and seeing how he regretted it now, he won't walk away that easy.

Comment

Oddly enough, I think that Katie will be forgiving of Josh. She won't be at first but I think she will eventually come around especially if he saves her life or the life of one of the Powell's. She loves referring to sci-fi so I can see her relating this back to Star Wars and Death Vader turning from evil to good.

Comment

Oddly enough, I think that Katie will be forgiving of Josh. She won't be at first but I think she will eventually come around especially if he saves her life or the life of one of the Powell's. She loves referring to sci-fi so I can see her relating this back to Star Wars and Death Vader turning from evil to good.
                          As far as Josh being caughty with Stephanie's journal I'm curious to see how he explains this to Katie! It would be some devastating news to find out the guy you fell for is leading a dangerous double life! Not to mention his intent of getting to know Katie was to spy on the Powells!

Comment

As far as Josh being caughty with Stephanie's journal I'm curious to see how he explains this to Katie! It would be some devastating news to find out the guy you fell for is leading a dangerous double life! Not to mention his intent of getting to know Katie was to spy on the Powells!
                            If he still has his powers, he will mind wipe her like he did Daphane. If they are gone, he might say that he found it and was planning on returning it tomorrow. She was willing to accept his explaination from pretending to be "Will" so she might accept any excuse he gives her.

Comment

I get the feeling that Katie will explain it with some comic-book reference; that is if Josh tells her everything. I don't know something like he's Bruce Banner trapped by his Hulk alter-ego....something geeky.
                              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-05-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I get the feeling that Katie will explain it with some comic-book reference; that is if Josh tells her everything. I don't know something like he's Bruce Banner trapped by his Hulk alter-ego....something geeky.
                                Oh no!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎