Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Cartoon Network)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vantheman77
    it could easily take place in the same universe as Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, and Justice League/ Unlimited. We could find out what Hal Jordan was doing while John Stewart and Kyle Rayner were defending Earth.
    If what you're saying is that Hal and his adventures have absolutely nothing to do with those shows and won't cause continuity issues, then I guess so. Hal clearly did not exist in the Timmverse, at least not at the same time as everything we saw (he appeared during a time shift in The Once and Future Thing). Either Kyle or John was the first Green Lantern of Earth, which is confusing in and of itself. Kyle was the first we saw and was clearly the first one Superman knew about (he even stole Hal's origin), but Katma Tui made a comment to John in JL about how he sent her to train "that Rayner kid", implying John was a GL first.
    Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 11-12-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Really impressive start to an awesome show! The dialogue was top knotch and the mature themes were handled well without losing all humor. Seeing the Guardians knocking on the ship made me laugh so much. The plot was straight forward but well told, the characters were spot on for the most part and the actions scenes were riveting. The Green Lantern constructs were used inventively.

Now If I had to say something negative it would be little things here and there they changed like the ship which kinda defeats the point of having the ring. Also, I don't think Atrocitus would sacrifice innocent people for his cause but they got him right for the most part so kudos for that. He isn't just some blood (construct) spewing monster. Oh and no Sinestro equals :_(

I thought I'd end up hating the cgi-animation but the story's what won me over and got me even liking the style. Still, I'd prefer traditional animation with some cgi elements here and there.

Looking forward to when the show actually starts.

Comment

Counting the days until the show begins its official run.

Comment

So, I just thought of something. If Hal is stranded in Frontier Space for nine months (Earth months?), is that a situation where the Guardians would select another GL from Earth? I realize it's possible that both Guy and John are active at this point - we just don't know yet. And nine months is a long time for a sector to be without its protector.

Comment

Too bad they couldn't air the first two episodes on Friday since they already aired them months ago that way we could have started next week fresh. Now we still got to wait two weeks for a truly new episode.

Comment

I actually forgot about most of what happened. Not bad.

Comment

I got to see about half of the first episode Beware My Power Pt 1 Sat and I thought it was REALLY good!

This is the kind of show they should air weekdays on The CW ala Kids' WB! I think it's a true shame that kids shows aren't around on weekday afternoons. If I was in charge of bringing back the wkdy afternoon kids shows, GL would be THE SHOW I would launch a new block with. Come on Mark, bring back the kids block!

Comment

When there are several networks dedicated to 24/7 animated programming it's hard to compete with that. And back then there was no cartoon network; the networks for kids that were out had their variety of programming beyond cartoons.

Comment

Yeah I agree. Is it wrong that I miss Fox Kids and Kids' WB? Not being smart just wondering if I'm the only one who would rather see kids shows back on the weekdays.

Comment

I wish Cartoon Network would show this and Young Justice on Friday afternoons. No way am I getting up to watch anything at 9:00 on a Saturday morning.

Comment

Yeah, what's with the day/time change for the DC series'? I scrolled through to Fridays schedule on my cable menu and all they're showing are reruns of King of the Hill/American Dad. To replace those shows with these was pointless.
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-04-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too. I really think maybe that has to do with Batman: The Brave and The Bold ending for good.

When they were on Fridays in the afternoon, it really reminded me of Kids' WB! and how cool that was. I do love the DC Nation thing but why not Friday afternoons instead?

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                            I wish Cartoon Network would show this and Young Justice on Friday afternoons. No way am I getting up to watch anything at 9:00 on a Saturday morning.
                            Where's your inner child? If I had cable I'd be just as giddy to tune in for this as I was for the shows back in the 90s. 9 AM be damned!

My only gripe is that we still have to wait through part 2 of this episode to see a whole new episode I haven't seen before; I'm ready to kick this series into high gear!

Comment

Don't forget on March 11, Daylight Savings Time starts up again so everything I think goes an hr earlier for networks like CN.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                                Where's your inner child? If I had cable I'd be just as giddy to tune in for this as I was for the shows back in the 90s. 9 AM be damned!
                                I don't know where my inner child is, but if he can help me handle mornings, I need him back. Of course, my disposition is facilitated by the fact that everything shows up online within hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎