Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Cartoon Network)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a few hours to go!

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      Just a few hours to go!
      Got my DVR ready to record.

Comment

Can't wait to get home from work and watch it!

Comment

Watching it now!!!!

Comment

Awesome so far! Did I just see blue beetle in the dc nation commercial?

Comment

It's cool................I just have to get used to the style.

Comment

I love the decision to go CG for this show.

Comment

I'm quite satisfied with the premiere. Now I guess I have to wait till January.

I think the CG works for GL in a way that it wouldn't work as well for Batman or Superman. There's something about the cosmic scope of the show that just makes it more compatible. I also think the energy emanating from the rings flows better in CG than in traditional animation.

Comment

Well... I went into this premiere with very low expectations. Mostly because of the animation, which I was not a fan of at all. It worked though. Maybe I just need to get used to it. So while I am not extremely happy with the animation, it's not as horrible as I thought it would be.

Overall, great start! The fight scenes were amazing. Atrocitus is perfect and I can't wait to see more of him and the rest of the Red Lanterns. I'll definitely give it a chance. And if the rest of the series is anything like the premiere, it will be quite enjoyable.

Comment

I liked the premiere. Like someone said earlier, the CGI was a perfect choice for this comic book series.

I also liked the fighting scenes and the voice actors for each character fit perfectly.

I can't wait to see more...especially if its going to be just Hal and Kilwog fighting the red lanterns for at least a few episodes.
                      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-11-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Was Robert Englund on there?

Why is it on hold until January? Batman: The Brave and The Bold has its series finale next week so I thought that would've meant GL would take its place soon after?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                          Why is it on hold until January? Batman: The Brave and The Bold has its series finale next week so I thought that would've meant GL would take its place soon after?
                          The series was always scheduled to start in January. Last night was just a preview airing.

I remember a little while before Batman Beyond premiered on KidsWB, the WB actually aired the hour-long pilot on a Sunday night in primetime, which I thought was awesome.

Comment

I remember that too. I'm guessing they will do this like YJ and have the first two episodes in jan be the pilot broken in half.

Comment

I was just thinking about when Batman Beyond premiered on The WB before it hit Kids' WB! Would've been cool if they could do something like that again. That premiere was just simply perfect marketing and if only we could have that happen again. Such an extreme example of why Kids' WB! and The WB were amazing. Matter of fact, if Kids' WB! was to return, I would use GL to relaunch it.

Comment

Excellent start to the Green Lantern animated series. It has that Star Wars feel and it could easily take place in the same universe as Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond, and Justice League/ Unlimited. We could find out what Hal Jordan was doing while John Stewart and Kyle Rayner were defending Earth. It's miles better than the live-action. I wasn't a big fan of GL and I almost didn't want to watch the series premiere. However, I'm glad I did as it has lots of action and character relationships. Really tragic to see a world destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎